Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabid121
  • 1 Post By jrman83

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DS-12 and packages

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’m curious as to what package or modules you would recommend for a DS-12? I’ve been out of the hobby for about a decade and a lot has changed. Especially on the electronics side. I was originally going to go with a Futaba tx and fbl, but after reading good things about Jeti decided on a DS-12 carbon. I’m just not sure what modules I may want now or later. It will mainly be used with helis, but I may try planes at some point. That said I don’t think the planes will be anything that will need a lot of channels.

I called one of the online Jeti dealers and he recommended to start with the basic DS-12 and add the modules or package that I want since I didn’t need a lot of channels. He asked what fbl I was planning on using, and I said I wasn’t sure (thinking of Spirit actually). He recommended Ikon. I also haven’t decided on an esc. Probably the most important thing to me at this time would be ease of setup/integration and programming. From what I’ve read, Jeti should fit the bill. Telemetry and data logging are things I would also like at some point. I’m basically going to have to learn everything again, and I don’t know what I don’t know lol. So what would you recommend as modules to install from the get go? Also open to recommendations for a fbl and esc (12S setup).

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited by xenon55; 07-19-2021 at 06:55 PM..
xenon55 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

if you're lookin' for the best integration, it's for sure with Spirit. Brain/Ikon absolutely on the top list for sure too... but the co-operation of Jeti & Spirit is just a bit better! especially with Spirit RS/GTR... no more external receiver... all programming possible via TX & cleanest cabling! even possible to program completely without PC/Mac.

depending on what you are planning to use (i.e. rescue, live-tuning, etc) 12 channels are good for sure. depending on flight modes you want to use, the 6 flight modes option is great value, voice/spoken alerts too of course. if you want to check telemetry graphs directly with your TX, this is really a nice one. and maybe you like vibration alerts ....

buy what you're sure to need... add what you'll discover later... it just takes a working day max. - so no hurry....

Ciao
Michael
Roadkinghd likes this.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you can afford it, get the DS-12 Carbon or with all the modules. There are modules I use that I never thought I would use. It's nice not having limits. If you had to choose, get package B.

I use iKon and it works great with Jeti. I know spirit has the built in RX and I have heard great things about it. Hobbywing needs the FBL to send data to the RX and I think scorpion is able to do it straight to the RX.
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2021, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m currently purchased just a few modules:

— Accelerometer
— Flight Modes - up to 6
— Telemetry analysis via graphs
— Voice output
— Channels - up to 12
— Vibration Alarms

Having 6 flight modes is probably the only ‘must have’ in my opinion. Normally there are only 3, and the 1st one is taken up by ‘Throttle Hold’. There are other options for setting up the flight modes, but having up to 6 makes life easy. I like the voice As well.

I haven’t used the accelerometer yet. The one on my wish list is being able to show 40 telemetry values. The ‘graphs’ function is okay, but the PC is a much better option to review logs, at least for me.

I’m flying Ikon2s on most of my Heli’s, they integrate well. I am in the process of getting a new Spirit GT going and it looks good so far, but I haven’t been through the whole setup process yet.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just sucked it up and got the deluxe version. No decisions to be made after. Thinking about switching to the Spirit GTR when it releases.
Roadkinghd likes this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ordered the Carbon basic (eta is Thursday ) and will download the modules you guys recommended as a starting point, and add what I want as I gain more experience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the modules are only available from the Jeti CZ site and not the US site? I haven't checked the manual online, but does the TX come with a cable to connect to a pc/laptop for downloads? Or is it done with a memory card? Anything I need to be aware of before doing any downloads?

Last edited by xenon55; 07-19-2021 at 07:54 PM..
xenon55 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Carbon came with a USB cable. Updates are done with with Jeti-Studio:

https://www.jetimodel.com/support/je...ti-studio.html

You will need the serial number of your transmitter to order the modules. It will take a few days turn around before you’ll get the updates for the new modules.

I ordered mine from https://swshop.jetimodel.com
Old 07-21-2021, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

To update receivers, you need a separate cable:
Jeti Model USB adapter for Transfer between PC and Receiver. It doesn't normally come with the radio.
acrow is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in