Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By orangebee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2021, 01:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano tidbits of information

Cudoes to you... if you know that your spindle nut driver can be used to snugg up those loose servo nuts.

I use some wax molten onto the servo nuts to keep them from walking. Applied in liquid state to the threads with an old, purpose used, linkage rod. As the wax is oxidizing my pushrod, oddly enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0304210248a_1614844140200.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	907251Also final measurement of linkage rod, (with stock main shaft) as I have it. In metric now 26mm up front middle horn hole
24mm out back top horn hole. Why so many tries? Because I have self-made main shafts that I have been using that were not stock length.

As I get the heli tighter and more aligned, It really brings out the flaws in my mechanical and tx setup for sure.

I'm also noticing some small. rather violent tail hunt...
orangebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default nano and the aftermarket

it's me again margret,

the nano line of helis are light. so light in fact that they can withstand 6 hard crashes in between rebuilds. provided you use a very light mechanism to save your body mounts. in the past i have said "don't throw money at a nano", this is because ALL "upgrades" are heavier i repeat heavier than stock. you should never build to crash due to inherent weight problems. doing so will make it perform worse and possibly more likely to crash. stick to stock parts they fly the best and do a fantastic job at distributing forces in a crash.

i run a close to stock nano cps with stacked fets on the main motor only, 10mm stretch tail boom and a 1s 220mah pack from tattu. it has plenty of power, no bad habits and is balanced at main rotor shaft with no extra weight.

remember keep it light and make the most power with what you have.
lbv61 and Mrowka like this.
orangebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2021, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are absolutely right about not adding a bunch of heavy “upgrades” to these Nanos. One exception is the aluminum swash. Not only is it much more durable than the plastic one, it flies much more precisely. The very slight extra weight is negligible.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have never owned an S2 or S3, but some of my Nano CPSs and CPXs have benefitted from upgunned 8mm brushed main motors and various upgunned tail motors.

Some have stretched tailbooms and/or main blades. Some do not. Some have metal swashes, some do not. One has a Rakon main frame which is actually not bad but does require periodic maintenance. As a rule, however, I agree that light is best and stock-ish is best.

I use a tiny dot of glue to keep servo nuts in place.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebee View Post
it's me again margret,

the nano line of helis are light. so light in fact that they can withstand 6 hard crashes in between rebuilds. provided you use a very light mechanism to save your body mounts. in the past i have said "don't throw money at a nano", this is because ALL "upgrades" are heavier i repeat heavier than stock. you should never build to crash due to inherent weight problems. doing so will make it perform worse and possibly more likely to crash. stick to stock parts they fly the best and do a fantastic job at distributing forces in a crash.

i run a close to stock nano cps with stacked fets on the main motor only, 10mm stretch tail boom and a 1s 220mah pack from tattu. it has plenty of power, no bad habits and is balanced at main rotor shaft with no extra weight.

remember keep it light and make the most power with what you have.

can you send me a link to where i can buy the fets
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in