Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2021, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default R7 nano receiver binding procedure?

Im a bit lost on this one, as there doesn't seem to be any help in either the manual, or multiple online searches.

As the R7 nano receiver only has an attached pinout for the EXT channel, exactly how do you go about binding this receiver to a radio?

I plan to use the receiver on an OMP M1, and from the research ive done, ill need to add pinouts to the CH7 output, as that channel is where the ExBUS will output from. Can anyone confirm this?
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2021, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

One way I’ve seen it done is a ‘special’ bind cable. It powers the RX and connects the outside two pins like a standard bind plug.

Alternatively, just power up the RX
Then go to the transmitter menu “Advanced Properties -> Wireless Modes/Trainer”
Highlight "Pair primary TX module"

I’ve had it work with other RXs, even though the manual describes it as the ‘alternative’ and tells you to use a bind plug as well.

Or see this post as well:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.../topics/867369
Old 07-21-2021, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made a custom power & bind lead for mine, just crimped a servo lead together with a bind loop built in.

And you don't need to add pins, the EXT port is the one used to ExBus, although I do often remove the pins and solder directly to the EXT port pads on the R7 nano as I'm usually fitting it to small lightweight models and don't need the bulk or weight of the connectors.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

SO I was able to get the receiver bound and connected to my OMP M1, but I cant seem to get any signal out of it.

The M1 is connected to the R7 via the EXT connection pinout. Does this need to be on the CH7 output?

The R7 and my DS12 are both on latest versions, though my radio is the US version. Could this be the issue since the R7 is not for US use?

Edit: I think it may be a firmware issue. Looks like I need to download the 3.24 firmware as opposed to the 3.25 thats on there now.

Last edited by wkderf; 07-22-2021 at 10:02 AM..
wkderf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkderf View Post
SO I was able to get the receiver bound and connected to my OMP M1, but I cant seem to get any signal out of it.

The M1 is connected to the R7 via the EXT connection pinout. Does this need to be on the CH7 output?

The R7 and my DS12 are both on latest versions, though my radio is the US version. Could this be the issue since the R7 is not for US use?

Edit: I think it may be a firmware issue. Looks like I need to download the 3.24 firmware as opposed to the 3.25 thats on there now.
I think the M1 needs Sbus instead of EXbus. I’m not sure what firmware version supports that…
Old 07-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I discovered the issue. I had to load the 3.24 firmware which outputs Sbus, which is what the OMPM1 needs for a signal (NOT ExBus). I also did have to connect the OMP to the R7 using the Ch7 pinout, as that's what channel the receiver outputs Sbus on.

Went for a test flight & working great!

Last edited by wkderf; 07-25-2021 at 09:38 AM..
wkderf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in