Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Do the grommet mod, it helps a little. When the plastic swash breaks (one or more of the little balls will break off eventually, if you crash enough) that's when you should consider going with an aluminum swash, because they're more durable, not because it will fly better.

The MCPX will never fly stable like a bigger bird. IMO, chasing a perfect setup will just make you crazy. Best to focus on learning to fly with it in all orientations and then move up to your 450 once you're comfortable. Then you'll really appreciate how much easier the 450 is to wrangle than a micro.
+1

While I am a fan of making sure the mechanical setup is as close to perfect as possible, I find that there are fewer problems than I think there are when I stop staring at it hovering in front of my face and start actually flying it. I do have an aluminum swash, rear anti-rotation guide, o-ring/grommet mod on the swash, and extended solid boom. I know I modded it before I was satisfied with the way it flies, but I'm not sure whether that's because of the mods, or my skill level increasing.

I recently flew an unmodded mcpx v2 and found that I was not having the problems I remembered from before I extended my boom.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Do the grommet mod, it helps a little. When the plastic swash breaks (one or more of the little balls will break off eventually, if you crash enough) that's when you should consider going with an aluminum swash, because they're more durable, not because it will fly better.

The MCPX will never fly stable like a bigger bird. IMO, chasing a perfect setup will just make you crazy. Best to focus on learning to fly with it in all orientations and then move up to your 450 once you're comfortable. Then you'll really appreciate how much easier the 450 is to wrangle than a micro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
+1

While I am a fan of making sure the mechanical setup is as close to perfect as possible, I find that there are fewer problems than I think there are when I stop staring at it hovering in front of my face and start actually flying it. I do have an aluminum swash, rear anti-rotation guide, o-ring/grommet mod on the swash, and extended solid boom. I know I modded it before I was satisfied with the way it flies, but I'm not sure whether that's because of the mods, or my skill level increasing.

I recently flew an unmodded mcpx v2 and found that I was not having the problems I remembered from before I extended my boom.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm just trying to get this little bird as close to 100% as possible before flying, so I can start with the best, most stable performance.

That said, I checked the swash leveling and pitch-zero-ing, and both were dead on without adjustment. I also balanced both blade sets, and noted that it appeared to be pre-gommetified. I should be trouble-free (until the first crash).

I'm considering the extended tail-boom, but am not sure if it actually improves stability, or is just done to prevent tail blowout in more aggressive flying(?).

Andy
ashemo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashemo View Post
I'm considering the extended tail-boom, but am not sure if it actually improves stability, or is just done to prevent tail blowout in more aggressive flying(?).
Actually, it mostly prevents tail blowout from poor flying. That's not an attack on anyone's skills, it happens to me all the time. We're all learning. But as your skills progress you tend to make fewer mistakes and require less collective for the same result. It's using too much collective that sucks the power and causes the tail to blow out.

Extending the boom is a very helpful mod. Arguably a requirement if you want to do anything more than slow forward flight and you're not Bert Kammerer.

It also offers an improvement on overall tail hold, but you wouldn't likely notice that until you get into backward flight.

REVOLECTRIX Ambassador
hemp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Extended solid tail boom is almost a must in my opinion. ive broke 2 stock ones( only bought second cuz i needed a tail motor mount) they each lasted a fligth or a couple at most, Solid booms make the heli fly a bit better overall and will take a beating, only bad part is the tail motor mount may break before the boom does but i think thats on a specific type of hit. They only cost $1 each so stocking up on 3 or 4 of them for $5 shipped isn't a bad idea, they should last ya.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330604008544...84.m1423.l2649
Stubbz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks again for the replies, guys. And Stubbz, thanks for the link. I'll likely be ordering a few shortly.

OK, sorry to drag things off topic, but I appreciate the help.

Andy
ashemo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

For price im not sure it could be beat unless you order a long rod and cut them yourself. i got mine without either of the flat spots and use a small hand file and xacto knife to put the flat spot in them.
Stubbz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Complete beginner from Kent in the UK here.

Just wanted to say thanks to Ron for this info - I made the zero pitch tweaks last night and my heli is now popping off the floor brilliantly rather than labouring its way up like it used to.
I was quite nervous to try this tweak but found it easy to do.

Thanks again,

Zebs
Zebsy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so this is a really old thread and it shows you how long ago i first attempted this hobby (the mcpx came out when i first started).

So now im back at the begining with this little wild heli and have attempted to follow this Zero pitch setup, but it states in the original post to stick in some toothpicks in the picture shown....

i Guess that picture was removed many years ago, dont suppose anyone has that pic on their hard-drive >:]
Cor Blimey the Limey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in