Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjunkie View Post
so no nitro gov on the FC6250HX and how would you add engine temp telemetry, come on spektrum you was heading in the right direction with the ar7200bx series all you had to do was add a couple of sensor ports. I get bringing out a new device and the forward programming is a good idea but why drop the other features do none of the dev team fly nitro?
I share your concerns. Last month when I was looking for a TM1000 module, I wrote their CS and basically was told that was legacy technology now. I can't conceive how it would be possible to monitor engine temps and RPM's without those features added to the FC6250HX. It will keep me from flying it on Nitro.
Cra-Z-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do hope you guys are right about the nitro gov and fingers crossed it won’t be too long away. As mentioned it makes sense for the them to shift units to electric market first to warrant further development.

So with that said anyone have any ideas for connecting an IC temp sensor with this fbl unit. Was looking at maybe running a AR6610T as it uses srxl2 and would take another srxl2 satellite rx, but alas only volt sensor port none for temp or rpm.
skyjunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #183 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Ok, this seems like a hokey way to do it but this might get you some of what you want. Get the EC3 battery power sensor SPMA9605 which should plug into the X-Bus port on the 6250. From there, you can monitor your flight pack voltage and current draw for your ignition or electronics battery and on the side of it is a temperature port input. You can daisy chain other sensors that are X-Bus compatible. That should hold you until the governor is released. Its a bit convoluted but it will work. Take care.

Don

PS: It may or may not put out current draw as expected with light currents used in ignition or regular servo operations as it can stand loads up to 60A continuous and 140A peak. I have one but have not used it yet and I might have just the spot in my F3C helicopter.
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't speak on the other sensors, but I can definitely confirm that the nitro gov is in development. I do not have a timeline on when it'll be completed though. I will definitely let the right people know that temp sensing is desired (and they do read this thread, so they probably already do).

M
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a little confused. To start with I have been out of the hobby for about five years. I am use to the old AR7200 and a DX6 G1. Then witched to planes and a futaba 18sz. I bought a blade 330s because of the safe mode and the new NX6. I know that I am going to be a little rusty. I had to buy the RTF 330 because that is all they had in stock. I gave the radio away to some one to help them out and get in to flying planes. The 330s drifts to the right and pitches forward. I have tried everything no matter what what I do to the sitting or how level the swashplate is. I set the NX6 up per the manual. After watching the setup video on swashplate, he said to make sure=
FM Channel: Inhibit
Gain channel: Gear
Mine is the opposite. My FM channel is on gear and Gain channel is inhibit. Could it be that the 6250 was set up the the stock radio the came with the heli? (DXS) The manual does not have the NX6 added yet but should be the same as the DX6. I may call horzion after work tomorrow as I found out to late tonight to call. Any help would be appreciated.
brokenwing40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #186 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi,

What you might want to do is to go through the manual and check the setup for the DX18 or iX12. I know that you need to have gain on channel 5 and that you need to setup a channel for Flight Mode. I understand that the NX6 has slightly more than 6 channels available which means that you can have your tail gains adjustable on channel 5 and still use the Aux2 ( not sure about how the extra channel is handled in the NX6) for Flight Modes. I am sure that there will be some special way the NX6 will handle the 6250 compared to the DX6.

On another note, I really wish the mods would move this post down to the 6250 support channel as Brian Bremmer (developer of the 6250) hangs his shingle out in the Spektrum Flybarless sub-forum.

Take care.

Don
Old 12-22-2020, 04:41 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the NX6 is actually a 7 channel radio. On lager radios 8 cannels and up. The way I understand channel 5 is assigned to gear, AUX1 is FM and AUX 2 is bail out. I would not have the bail out opiton on AUX 2. I don't think I would use it anyway. I get so nervous when the Heli freaks out I would just hit the hold stitch and give it a dirt nap. I know my self to well.
The 330s instruction manual set up is nothing like the setup videos. From the DX6 all the way up to the IX20. The manual also dose not even give the mix for the bail out. I also have to remember the 6250 was set to the cheap DXS radio that came with it. Last night for the first time I was able to watch the swashplate move when adjusting the numbers on roll and pitch. Be for they would never move. I would go from -500 to +500 with no movement at all. I switch all so moved for the first time, but all it did was give full positive. I think because there is no mix in the radio. I can't understand why things are moving now and not the other 15 times I have tried. I did not change anything.
brokenwing40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2020, 07:02 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info guys, after looking into it for a new 700 nitro build think I will go for a Brain 2 HD appears to tick all the boxes has built in gov can run a temp sensor, can change setup via DX9 using a srxl2 rx and will also support another 2 dsmx satellites for redundancy.
skyjunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2021, 03:51 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello does anyone know if currently this Spektrum FBL has a nitro governor? Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator. Thank you!
palasheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by palasheli View Post
hello does anyone know if currently this Spektrum FBL has a nitro governor? Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator. Thank you!
https://www.helifreak.com/#/topics/877453
Witemamba is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2021, 12:20 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Thanks Brian. You have answered lots of questions and I wished that you had seen thread this only a few days before. I have ordered the 6250 but would like to know if there are "In Flight" adjustments that can be programmed to a rotary or multi-position switch? That will open up a nice way to trim functions without needing to land and make the changes with the FP system. After the flight, it could then be set via FP. Thanks.

Don
Brian, I just got the 6250 with the included 4651T and an additional 4651T so as to have a matching pair as seems to be recommended and logical so that telemetry is available regardless of which RX is talking . I have one RX plugged into the Bind port using the included 4 pin to JR cable. I'm having trouble plugging in the 2nd 4651T to the RX1 port on the side as they are 3 pin ports and the only cable that came with the 4651T is a 4 pin to 4 pin cable. I can't seem to find a 4 pin to 3 pin cable. How do you make the connection?
tradingpundit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2021, 06:47 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
The reason for the receiver being sent with the 4651T is that the transmitter needs the telemetry from the remote to display it. It seems that you cannot use older DSMX remotes with it and there is little point in trying to use the 4650 as it has low powered telemetry. It was mentioned that the remotes should be used as a matched pair.
You cannot use a matched pair of RX. The 6250 comes with a 4651 that has a 4 pin plug that goes to the bind port via a supplied 4 pin to JR cable. The side RX1 and RX2 ports are 3 pin ports and will not accept the 4 ping plug that is standard with the 4651. You have to use an older receiver like the SPM9745. Found this out after some searching and finally a response from Horizon Hobby
tradingpundit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2021, 07:41 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh but you can ……��
All you have to do is take a 3 wire plug and gently pull up on the locks and remove the wires. Do the 4 pin the same way. Now plug all but the grey wire into the 3 pin plug in the appropriate slots. The grey wire is no longer needed. Now plug it into the appropriate port and bind
Hover king is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2021, 10:49 PM   #194 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

It certainly is possible to run two 4651T remote receivers with the 6250 but today, I would rather use a 9745 or 9746 than a second 4651T. There is no real advantage gained by using two of the telemetry receivers as only one sends the data to your transmitter. That is directly from the designer. Take care.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in