Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Size Comparison

So here's the 300X next to my 470LP if anyone is interested in size. Mind you I have modded the skids on the 470 added XL Power 520 skids to it so it does stand a bit taller, and the 300 I had a set of 450 SuperSkids, they have slots in them and just screwed right on. Where I fly, I live out in the country, the ground is very lumpy and uneven so for me wider skids help a lot especially with this 300 as the skids are very narrow and it's difficult to land level, unless I take a board out for it. The 200 super skids are 4" wide and 6" long the 450's are the same length and 5" wide. You can get these on Amazon, just search for 200 SuperSkids and you will find them if interested, the ones on mine the 450's are just a bit larger. The 200's I think would be perfect. I ordered a set of 200's so I will post a pic when I get them. I got mine back in the Blade 230S days, they come in black on Amazon. Anywho, enjoy!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1460.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	860961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1461.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	860963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1462.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	860965  

Last edited by BgSkyFlyr; 05-28-2020 at 01:45 PM..
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie

Hi, just ordered one yesterday also I have Fusion 180. Is anyone still flying with 300x ? looks pretty quiet here
- HAN - is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 05:52 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did fly my 300X today after a while because it is usually windy where I live. I swapped the original Align receiver and installed different one with telemetry. I had to steal the power from servos because the dedicated side connector provides only 3.3V and I needed at least 4V. Now I know the status of the battery and exact time when to land. I was flying on timer before but it was just a ball park estimate. I am flying low head speeds, so the battery last me approx. 10-12minutes. It flies good with no wind. It is more stable with higher head speed in windy conditions but I don't like it, it is too quick for me. No crash today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heli1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	892261  
arnika is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my receiver like that. Then I crashed and the antenna got chopped off.
xJoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2021, 12:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

If anyone is using the 3GX MRS what are your roll rate and gain settings at? I noticed from factory the roll rate was at the 8 o clock position and gain at around 11 o clock. I crashed after the 4th flight trying to get it right. Now Im waiting for parts to get it up again. I fly mild 3D with a 600 nitro so I do have some experience. I tried to get it to fly like my 600 but I guess the 300 will be different because of the size.
mvaldez1783 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am flying mine with roll rate all the way up. I prefer servo responses to be "right now" rather than "suggestions that eventually happen."

I believe my gain is at about 1:00 or so, holds well without twitchiness.
AMA #118235
BobHyatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2021, 10:16 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHyatt View Post
I am flying mine with roll rate all the way up. I prefer servo responses to be "right now" rather than "suggestions that eventually happen."

I believe my gain is at about 1:00 or so, holds well without twitchiness.
Perfect thanks for the reply. Im going to try my roll rate at the 3 o clock position and gain at 1 o clock the next time I fly and go from there. I think your right about the lack of responsiveness which prevented me from bailing out in my last 3D flight.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:25 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

How tight is everyone settingbtheir tail blades too?
I have an iKon2 in mine and have an annoying tail wag, i checked the linkage all smooth and free. Yesterday I was looking at it and realized the tail blades are extremely tight, and thought this helped my 250's i am going to loosen them and hope. The iKon does not show any bad vibrations hoping this is it. Feelingba bit dumb for not realizing they are tight

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to sand the tail blades. They fit absolutely tight pre-sanding. I sanded until I had a reasonable fit that needed a bit of tension on the rotor retaining bolt to adjust properly. They do need to be able to move reasonably.
AMA #118235
BobHyatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
How tight is everyone settingbtheir tail blades too?
I have an iKon2 in mine and have an annoying tail wag, i checked the linkage all smooth and free. Yesterday I was looking at it and realized the tail blades are extremely tight, and thought this helped my 250's i am going to loosen them and hope. The iKon does not show any bad vibrations hoping this is it. Feelingba bit dumb for not realizing they are tight
I gave up on this heli. Dont get me wrong I still have an Align 550L and owned a 600N DFC and 450L. They are all great helis but the 300X wasnt all that great. First Ive noticed that the servos werent all on the same level so I had to lengthen one of the linkage rods. I crashed the 300X from trying to adjust the mini GRS to my flying style. After repairing it I also had that annoying tail wag even after trying out different FBL systems I still had it. I gave up and got a omphobby heli and never looked back.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:17 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the tail wag solved by keeping the headspeed above 80%, which makes it q bit sensitive. I will hopefully play around some more with it.

I am disappointed with it, my old 250se flies better at this t8me

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 300x, not so bad

Hi,

I flew mine yesterday. I use everything stock except:
  • MicrobeastX 5.1
  • Tattu 3S 1300mAh 100C battery (had to change the ESC connector to XT60).

I can't compare with other helicopters, but I have no wag, it flies at least as good as the one in my simulator (logo 500 in Heli-X 9).

This is how I solved some of the common problems and adjustments:
  • Used Align Trex 250x servo link for the elevator servo, that is 3mm below the other two servos (Stainless Steel Linkage Rod H25057)
  • The plastic end of main blade grips tend to pull out. It happened to me twice while flying. It seems a common issue, as others have complained in the forum. I ended gluing the plastic part to the metal rod with epoxy.
  • Paid attention to program the ESC 25A (which is actually a Hobbywing Platinum 25A) in external governor mode, and callibrated with my transmitter (a Spektrum DX8, 1st gen)
  • Pay close attention to blade tracking, and spent some time to swash plate levelling.
  • Use 75% in IDL1 (never using other modes), Gyro gain at 30%
  • Cyclic gain (the screw 1 at the bottom of the MicrobeastX) close to the max.
  • Cyclic forward (the screw 2) a bit over 50%.
  • Rudder gain (the screw 3) at factory default - 50%.

The wag I had at the beginning was due to excessive gyro gain, and bad blades tracking.

Last edited by jmgonet; 08-16-2021 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Fix link text
jmgonet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking for a bit of insight here..

Landed in a tree the other day. Needed feathering shaft and main gear. Also replaced the swashplate and main shaft.

After the repairs, I spooled it up without main blades and was smooth.
Added the main blades and extreme vibrations were present. The main blades were not damaged, and have been cgd and balanced.

I added a small nut to each DFC link as I needed the rods to be longer and wanted something to tighten down on too. I dont think that would make a difference but this bird wont get in the air with the amount of vibrations present.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Jay.
jayrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2021, 03:00 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

You just tinkered with the blade grips, so this may have had an effect on tracking. Have you tracked your blades and checked that both blades got the same pitch?
jmgonet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The blades track properly. Have never had equal amounts of pitch for this bird right from the start but it’s close.

They are both 0 at mid stick..
Old 08-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you replace the bearings in the main grips? If so, did you doublecheck the orientation of the washers?
Hobee is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2021, 12:12 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope, bearings werent replaced.

J.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in