Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy 7

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2021, 11:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
especially like the 1500rpm video.
i like that one too, but above 2000rpm sounds ballistic!
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2021, 02:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
It definitely looks like a big brother of the Oxy 5... Some differences I noticed:
Hello ALIGN.
If the Oxy owner doesn't have a better imagination for a brand new heli...I'm done
oxidant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2021, 05:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker16 View Post
i like that one too, but above 2000rpm sounds ballistic!
I fly my specter 700 at almost exclusively 1500rpm. Good to see this one doing the same (well - not the same - i can't do that stuff in the video )
CFerry likes this.
XL Power Specter 700 v1 & v2
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxidant View Post
Hello ALIGN.
If the Oxy owner doesn't have a better imagination for a brand new heli...I'm done
Another 700 coming out later. I guess you've never flown the Oxy 5 if you feel that way.
KiwiBlair and slogoat like this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Another 700 coming out later. I guess you've never flown the Oxy 5 if you feel that way.

+1

I really don't understand all the hate about the similar design. Yeah, it's not as exciting as something completely different, but when you know what works... Plus, look at the small oxys. Very similar designs!
cyclo and KiwiBlair like this.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogoat View Post
I really don't understand all the hate about the similar design. Yeah, it's not as exciting as something completely different, but when you know what works... Plus, look at the small oxys. Very similar designs!
It’s not the first time that Oxy’s done it. The Oxy 4 was stretched and then ‘Maxed’. The Oxy 5 was stretched to a Meg, a 600. If the 5 Meg was made into a ‘Max’ it’d likely be a 700
cyclo, Smoggie and slogoat like this.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
It’s not the first time that Oxy’s done it. The Oxy 4 was stretched and then ‘Maxed’. The Oxy 5 was stretched to a Meg, a 600. If the 5 Meg was made into a ‘Max’ it’d likely be a 700
Hell, until the Kraken came along, damn near every Goblin looked alike just bigger versions.
cyclo and KiwiBlair like this.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hell, until the Kraken came along, damn near every Goblin looked alike just bigger versions.
Bingo, & the Kraken 580 is just a smaller Kraken 700. …and now that the Raw is out, it seems like someone wants a variant in their favorite size, Raw 280/380/500/580…
slogoat likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to wait until I see the second Oxy 700 to see which one I will get. Then I have to sell something. 4 helis is my personally imposed limit
bikneli likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bingo, & the Kraken 580 is just a smaller Kraken 700. …
Actually the 580 is a totally new design, no parts are interchangeable with the 700 other than maybe some screws. Sure they share the same family design concepts and styling, but that's about it.
This is different to what Oxy have done here where they have carried over the core of the Oxy 5 design over and essentially done a 'super stretch' with many parts interchangeable or based closely on the Oxy 5 part. I'm not criticising Oxy at all here, nothing wrong with the approach they have taken. If you have a sound proven design it makes a lot of sense to use it over the biggest range of sizes possible.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
Actually the 580 is a totally new design, no parts are interchangeable with the 700 other than maybe some screws. Sure they share the same family design concepts and styling, but that's about it.
This is different to what Oxy have done here where they have carried over the core of the Oxy 5 design over and essentially done a 'super stretch' with many parts interchangeable or based closely on the Oxy 5 part. I'm not criticising Oxy at all here, nothing wrong with the approach they have taken. If you have a sound proven design it makes a lot of sense to use it over the biggest range of sizes possible.
I looked at the FLASH for a while at IRCHA. I could not find any parts that it seemed to share with the oxy 5 that was nearby. Perhaps the skids ... was a little hard to tell on that but nothing else that I could see. It could have been the boom but the people in the tent said no. Although it resembles and oxy5 it doesn't seem to be using interchangeable parts.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:09 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yep! I owned every oxy, up until recently. I sold the 2, because despite flying fantastic, it was just too small for me to want to work on. I have a pair of 3s, a 4, a 4 max, and a 5 that I quickly converted to a meg. I'm gonna be hard pressed to decide between a 700 oxy and a specter v2. I absolutely love the way my original specters fly, and really like the changes Ra made, but also enjoy my meg a ton! Decisions...
Old 08-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I need to wait until I see the second Oxy 700 to see which one I will get. Then I have to sell something. 4 helis is my personally imposed limit
You should change that to 4-700s
fiddle likes this.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
I need to wait until I see the second Oxy 700 to see which one I will get. Then I have to sell something. 4 helis is my personally imposed limit [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
You should change that to 4-700s [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, certain Heli’s just don’t count

Another option would be to limit the total amount of blade mm’s:
2x 180mm = 360mm
2x 380mm = 760mm
2x 700mm = 1400mm
Total: 2520mm

Maybe I’ll try to keep it under 7000
fiddle likes this.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

well - there is a size limit to the table I store them on four 700s probably would not fit What will probably go is my Goblin 500 Sport. Can't be getting rid of the oxy4 max as that was the first kit I built and no way i'm getting rid of specter or oxy 5 MEG.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I looked at the FLASH for a while at IRCHA. I could not find any parts that it seemed to share with the oxy 5 that was nearby. Perhaps the skids ... was a little hard to tell on that but nothing else that I could see. It could have been the boom but the people in the tent said no. Although it resembles and oxy5 it doesn't seem to be using interchangeable parts.

Just looking at the pics I think the aluminum pieces holding the servos and motor together along with the counter bearing could be the same. Swash also appears to be the same along with the blade grips (except the blade grip arm which is longer). The tail section is the exact same as those on my HFs. I suspect the Sprag OWB and maybe the main shaft are also the same as in the HF.

To me this is a good thing if many of the parts are interchangeable with those on my Oxy 5 HFs.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
Just looking at the pics I think the aluminum pieces holding the servos and motor together along with the counter bearing could be the same. Swash also appears to be the same along with the blade grips (except the blade grip arm which is longer). The tail section is the exact same as those on my HFs. I suspect the Sprag OWB and maybe the main shaft are also the same as in the HF.

To me this is a good thing if many of the parts are interchangeable with those on my Oxy 5 HFs.
Oh that could be - I don't have the HF so not sure what differences there are there. I should mention that it did look like the main gear was the same. But most of the frame pieces definitely are not the same. They appear the same at first glance but when you look closer, they are the same concept but not the same.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only thing different in the HF is the tail and really this is the only thing that carried over into the Flash that I'm aware of. Main grips are not the same, 2-bolts for the grip arm vs 1, main hub is bigger, as I would suspect the spindle is bigger as well.

Last edited by jrman83; 08-10-2021 at 06:06 PM..
Old 08-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
the parts i imagine are interchangeable are things like the one way bearing/hub assembly, the main bearings and their housings, the servo mountings (and various other smaller frame parts, spacers etc), the swash etc.
A larger diameter shaft would have needed larger bearings and bearing blocks which would have needed a whole new OWB bub assembly and wider frame spacing, the swash would have to be bigger, the head block totally redesigned etc etc, ultimately meaning nothing would be common.

The boom probably wont be identical but the diameter probably is the same meaning the mountings and tail box and linkages etc can be shared. This is not a criticism, it makes sense to use common parts where possible.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flash

Please keep in mind that the Flash shown at IRCHA was a developmental prototype and NOT a pre-production prototype.

The only part compatible with the Oxy 5, to my knowledge, was the HF tail, and the only person who could appreciate the over designed tail would be Tareq Alsaadi.

Many changes could appear before production. Vietnam is completely shutdown. Nothing goes in or out, no one goes to work.

Be patient, this is a difficult time.
bikneli likes this.
mgrezmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in