Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Brian, This is awesome to hear!

I'll be at the Mile High Heli Showdown in about a month so hopefully it's out before then

On the electric gov, I think that's a tough one because generally I believe ESC gov is the way to go but there are many that swear up and down for FBL gov.

Personally, I could think of other features I would rather see in the 6250hx before electric gov.
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2021, 09:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share my experience and why I would see a justification for an electric gov (or another FW update for the Avians for that matter...).
I am flying a SAB Goblin FB in combination with the 6250 and it's as far as I can tell working good (no experiece with other FBLs though). Still working on the adjustments...

I am running the SAB/HW ESC and it's actually running very well. Anyway I wanted to have telemetry and as the fc is not able to work with the HW ESC I was going for the Avian 60A but am still not able to get it working in gov mode. Wrote about that here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=892723
Finally sent the ESC in to HH (Germany). Got it back with the statement we tested it with a test motor and it worked and that the issue is somewhere on my end....
Well, was not what I was hoping for especially as is seems that least some people having similar issues (stuttering and shaking on runup etc.)

So that's why I would see the need for an internal gov on the 6250 at least to cover cases where the ESC gov is not working good...

As of now the Avian sits on the shelf until either the FW gets an update or an FBL gov can be used...

We'll see...
HuiHui is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you perform the 50% throttle governor calibration, I believe it is mentioned in this video Avian Smart ESC Setup - Governor Setup - YouTube.

If you are seeing a slow initial startup and I have seen this on some smaller models however if you give it some time to spool up things clean up once the blades start rotating and no further issues are noted. Once the blades begin rotating the startup should be smooth with no more issues.

Decreasing the soft start setting in the esc may help as well.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

yes, did let it spool up for a while (no blades).
After like 10 seconds it was on a stable speed and was then jumping up again after another 6 seconds to a higher speed and then slowly ramping up again for another 10 seconds.
Noticed that the whole process nearly repeats if the motor is quickly toggled (auro).

Tried different programming options (incl.slow start setting and timing).
Also tried the calibration once , but again without blades (to risky for my nerves). Might give this another try though. Still do have the wish to get it working.
Maybe some day I will feel like taking a risk and try it on the field with blades on...

But even if I would accept such ramp up phase, it still feels not good considering the HW ESC is getting it done without this behavior (but no telemetry).
Old 08-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought you were suppose to calibrate it with the blades on... it is suppose to be under load when calibrating.
Nytro97 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2021, 03:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I belive that to have the gov fine tuned correctly this should be needed to be done with blades on. It's the same on the HW ESC.

Still I believe that if issues like the ones I am experiencing are solved by calibration it shouldnt matter if its done with blades on or not.

To me at the moment thats to risky, as I still want to fly this summer and the run up I see now might as well kick th heli over..

As said I may try that with blades on if I have I brave day:-)
Old 08-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Governor calibration needs to be blades on, 50% throttle, 15 seconds, 0 collective and on a fully charged battery to start.

Are you seeing hard kicks during spool up on the calibration? or does the motor take a long time to start initially but is fine after it starts.

Regards,
Nytro97 likes this.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
The weather here is bad right now unfortunately. But I will try with blades on the next time possible.

Maybe I will give it another try without blades first (as I can do that inhouse).
Then I can again give a good description (or a short clip) of the movement.

I will post the results. Dont want to give up.on it actually :-)
Old 08-31-2021, 10:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to do it with blades on. Blades off does absolutely nothing.
mpguidry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

finally got to it. Did the calibration (yes, with blades on:-)).
Unfortunately it made not real difference.
Not sure if the stuttering at the start is somewhat reduced.

Here is a video link of how the Avian spools up now. Tried different programming configuration.
Also switched to autorotation a few times. Interesting result... (restart time @45s).

Avian ESC (0 min 51 sec)

I did the same procedure for the SAB/HW ESC. Makes a big difference...

SAB ESC (0 min 25 sec)

I would be happy for any suggestion how to get this issue solved.

Regards
Old 09-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I wished that my 120A Avian started up that slowly, sigh. Mine started up even harder than your HW ESC and I would have given my eye teeth for the Avian to spool up that slowly. I do believe that the stuttering is power being fed to the coils by the ESC one direction and then the other to get the motor to spin the correct direction from a dead start. My Castle 120/Scorpion 890kv motor setup does that very noticeably as it has been setup with a very low power slow spool up so that the blades remain out and are not kicked out of alignment as power is applied to the motor. It was so bad with the Avian that the blades swung 45 degrees backwards in the first rotation after power was applied. Now the Castle 120A/Scorpion 450kv combination is as smooth as silk and very scale like as it is on a Jet Ranger. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

maybe I am complaining to much;-)

To me the stuttering at the begining is a little bit annoying. I can live with it but am still wondering why another ESC is able to start up without?!?

Something that is also kind of just not feeling right is that the rotor spools up and reaches a plateau after a few second and then ramps up slowly from there. Would expect to see a ramp from the start. I was not able to change that behavior via the programming options.

Major issue to me still is the tail wag reaction on motor restart and why the tail is restarting so slowly (same as startup). Not that I would try autorotation (not with the direct drive and not my skill level:-)). I already cut the power once by accident and was really happy that the motor restarted directly.

I will build the ESC in now and try it under flight conditions just for the fun to see how it works out.
Still I do hope that the AVIAN ESC will be getting a little bit better behavior and more detailed programming options in future (as the HW actually has...)
Old 09-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please keep the posts in this thread strictly related to Nitro Governor
Old 10-21-2021, 04:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you know anything about governor?
palasheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

any idea of a time frame as to when the updates will be available?
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in