Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Keyrigger
  • 1 Post By Keyrigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2021, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Satellite - - When to use?

I have a new 480 Fusion with a 6250hx. I've made 4 flights with it. Everything is good with the 6250hx. Right now it's without a satellite and I'm get very low frame losses. Should I rely on the fades being low and stay with no satellite or add one . I've always heard go with a satellite on a larger heli
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Yes, the more, the merrier. While you have your model close in (less than 100 yards or meters away), there is a low probability of signal shadowing if you already have the twin whiskers of the 4651T hanging out in the breeze. If you start to move out for big air aerobatics, you might get yourself in a position that the main portion of the chassis, battery, and motor cover the two antennae. It may happen for a split second and you would see maybe a few fades, but if you bailed out at distance because of a lack of orientation, it may just put all of those components in between your radio and the antennae and actually cause rapid fades which become Frame losses and 45 of those in a row and you have a Hold. The second DSMX remote gives you that second position that should "see" the radio when the other remote is covered which will give you fades only and no Frame losses or Holds. I flew a number of flights yesterday and only got one or two fades with my 6250 equipped heli and sometimes no fades at all with the other one with twin 9645's and a 4649T. I managed a few far out circuits but not many. Hope this helps.

Don

PS: Do look at those numbers again because they might be fades on remote "A" at the top of the left hand list. If you are getting Fades (which are denoted by bold letter "F" in the center, then do look into getting that extra remote for good measure. Mount the second remote away from the 4651T.
Bluebell likes this.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered my first FC6250HX and I saw this in the manual when reading it online:

"The FC6250HX flight controller uses a SRXL2™ Telemetry Remote to access Forward Programming as well as other SMART features. For models larger than 360mm, connect a second SRXL2 remote to the RX1 port."

Is everyone following this recommendation and running two of these "SRXL2" satellites on their FC6250HX? I will order a second one then if I have to since I'm putting mine on a 700 size heli.
Timbers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recommend using a 2nd DSMx remote on models using blades larger than 360mm. spm9745 works well in my experience.

The fc6250hx supports SRXL2 and DSMx remote receivers.

A srxl2 telemetry remote is needed for forward programming and smart telemetry.

Last edited by brianbremer; 08-24-2021 at 11:43 AM..
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Thanks Brian I just ordered a 2nd SRXL2 and will see how that goes.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbers View Post
Thanks Brian I just ordered a 2nd SRXL2 and will see how that goes.

Yep, he said to use a DSMX sat for the secondary. Not another SRXL2 sat.
vertico is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2021, 05:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

DSMX is the air protocol and SRXL2 is the wire protocol. Two different things .Both receivers are DSMX but only one is SRXL2. The other is the old no-name "Serial Rx" remote receiver.

/A
andwho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

DSMx is the RF protocol used however the older remotes are still called DSMx remotes to differentiate them from DSM2 remotes.

SRXL2 Remote Receiver
DSMx Remote Receiver
DSM2 Remote Receiver

I changed protocol's to remote receiver in my prior post, DSMx remote receiver packet protocol is just getting to long.

You can run (2) srxl2 remote receivers on the fc6250, only drawback is you will need to make a 4-pin to 3-pin remote receiver cable to be able to connect the 2nd remote to the RX1 port on the side. I believe there is a post up here on the topic, easy to make overall. The 4-pin xbus connector that came with the fc6250hx was supposed to be a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ok

Can I pop the plastic plug off of an old three pin satellite connector and just pop the metal plugs out of the 4 pin connector and snap them into a 3 pin connector? Same pin size I'm guessing?
Old 08-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I have done that but be careful about the wiring of the plug and make sure it matches the regular remote. I do believe that the grey wire is redundant and can be removed when using it hooked into the three wire socket. It should plug into RX1. Take care.

Don
Timbers likes this.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in