• 1 Post By krm97
  • 1 Post By Gentcpa
  • 1 Post By yakky
  • 1 Post By Rabid121
  • 2 Post By xoexoe
  • 1 Post By Tnjet
  • 2 Post By yakky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spirit GT... why is no one talking about this?

OK, I only just got a GT today, so it hasn't even gone onto a heli yet.

But.... I know some folks have had them for a little while now, and yet... I have not seen even one comment about the 'automatic' rescue mode!

If this works, why is it not being raved about profusely????

What are your experiences so far?
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2021, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have mounted mine now on my Logo 400SE (always my testing bird for everything)... just to see how it 'does'. as we've been in holidays some weeks i just did 2-3 testing flights. Jeti telemetry is showing {Speed} and {Height} now... from GT unit.

i did not really test auto rescue thoroughly, but i've set it to 10m and it worked as expected when activated. anyhow the Height measured by the GT seemed to float during the flight... as i've read in Spirit forum there is a fix for that in the current firmware. i've updated but did not yet rescue test flights on the new version - was out with the bigger birds to enjoy the great weather

in addition i've not yet tested the additional logging feature... as i do have all i need via Jeti telemetry, this was not my highest prio for the moment. actually => great weather => flying the bigger ones mid summer is never my testing time...

the GT (or GTR) will be mounted on my Diabolo for sure soon (i guess when the next rainy days will come). this is where i am interested in Height and Speed and the additional connector for R2 Buffer. and recorded flights replay for 3d training aftermath...

=> it's a perfect unit - imho best you can get in the moment. if interested in advanced rescue, auto return etc maybe GeoLink is still a good advice. auto rescue with GT (given the fix for the drift) should work fine as long as you have certain flying height. if (like me) you standard flying height is more like max. 2-5 meters with some smack in between => this will not do. but activated via bank for training of new moves in 10m, it could be perfect... when trying it, i've done sloppy piroflips while loosing height and it auto-rescued great.

Ciao
Michael
trillian likes this.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my GT on a Synergy 557 (stretch 516) paired with a GeoLink. I did have to recaibrate the GeoLink because during RTH testing, the "H" wound up being hanywhere hbut hhome, but I don't know if it got out of cal doing firmware upgrades or just a matter of time or some glitch. Now, everything works fine and there were never any GT glitches.

I also didn't set any additional parameters to see on the transmitter (DS-12) screen, but I'm logging them. I only check logs when something weird happens or if I get curious about something. Nothing weird has happened. I am planning to get a GTR and will put it on my Synergy 696, also with GeoLink.I have a Spirit II on the Syn 516. Everything is on latest software except the Scorpion ESCs, which have a new update I'm in no hurry to upgrade to.

Dan
trillian likes this.

Last edited by dogbreath; 08-13-2021 at 09:53 AM..
dogbreath is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2021, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
OK, I only just got a GT today, so it hasn't even gone onto a heli yet.

But.... I know some folks have had them for a little while now, and yet... I have not seen even one comment about the 'automatic' rescue mode!

If this works, why is it not being raved about profusely????

What are your experiences so far?
The reason why they have not commented on it was due to pressure sensor was not being sensed by the flybarless unit. As of 3.2.2 release, the altimeter is now working so we can now test out auto rescue using the altimeter.

All the best,

Ken
trillian likes this.
krm97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2021, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered one for this exact feature. Looking forwards to trying it out.
trillian likes this.
Gentcpa is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentcpa View Post
Ordered one for this exact feature. Looking forwards to trying it out.
Same. Going on a Gaui X3.
trillian likes this.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

btw: even it was very gusty i did some test flights yesterday and today with GT and latest firmware. altitude sent via telemetry from GT now seems absolutely reasonable to me.

i did some consecutive climbs to ~50m and back to ~eye level (hovered there a bit to see it in the log later) plus some easy 3d stuff to see 1.3-2.1m afterwards when it was supposed to be around 'eye level'. before landing i hovered a bit around close to ground and result was 0.3-0.5m. more than good enough for me (to say it clearly: i am impressed)

Ciao
Michael
trillian likes this.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My GT finally saw some flights on my Oxy 4 Max. Integration with OpenTX is quick and the logging feature seems flawless. Those were the most important features to me. Rescue is spot on as usual.

Just ordered two more for my XLP 550 and 700.
trillian and Rabid121 like this.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saw a friend of mine fly his a few days ago. Return to home worked flawlessly, Geofence function worked flawlessly. Rescue worked flawlessly. Overall seemed like a great system.

I ordered two GTR's with geo-link's. Supposed to arrive today. I'm a Brain fan and have been for quite some time. If this works out like I expect, I will be converting to Spirit.
trillian likes this.
Tnjet is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know these are selling like hotcakes anyway, but Spirit could use some demo videos online. I've seen a few owner created videos, but these features are game changers and I don't think the heli world has fully absorbed it yet.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 Yakky! The website hasn't been updated yet.
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in