Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

You want to send this in English?
Hopefully you don't expect that anyone abroad reads long English texts.
Most of the time my texts are ignored... they probably don't understand enough so ignoring and asking for more videos and pictures is their standard Chinese method

Better learn some Chinese Mandarin.

Hope you have some luck with the chosen shipping option.

There are quite BIG differences from China to Germany/Europe.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 08-21-2021 at 10:23 PM..
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought you have seen it announced on Walmart.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 09-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
I thought you have seen it announced on Walmart.

Indeed, if you've not looked lately (or maybe it's different for EU/UK?) the Walmart Canada and Walmart US webshops are now like a mutant aborted child of Aliexpress/Banggood and Amazon, with listings from sellers all across the globe. The layout and execution still needs a fair bit of work IMO, it's a shit show in its current form (esp. if you use an older computer)
robinbanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2021, 02:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Touching back on the reason I started this thread...

Could I not just order a Double Horse 9053? 9058? I forget... mainboard and remote and just do a straight swap with the brains for these 2 coaxes? Is there some fundamental difference between a board expecting to power a brushless vs. a coreless? Is there some simple way to use coreless with brushless hardware? I watched a youtube where a guy converted a little whoop from coreless to brushless and it looked pretty straightforward, I'd just need to do the opposite no?

Also, there's a Satellite port on my K130 that says it support SBUS, And my FS-iA6B has IBUS which from what I've researched, is interchangable with SBUS. You think if I de-cased my FS-iA6B I could patch it in and finally use my FlySky radio instead of the massive behemoth the K130 came with?
robinbanks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbanks View Post
Also, there's a Satellite port on my K130 that says it support SBUS, And my FS-iA6B has IBUS which from what I've researched, is interchangable with SBUS.
The vendor at least mentions Sbus.

https://www.flysky-cn.com/ia6b-canshu

You might be the very first person trying this to accomplish.
Good luck.

As long as you can fire your Flysky RX with ~5V and have the right plugs / cables...

I doubt iBus and Sbus are the very same as normally on full Fbl system boxes you choose in detail what vendor digital protocol you want to accomplish.

But maybe the RX supports normal Sbus too?
Any settings you can tweak in the transmitter for the RX?

Quote:
You think if I de-cased my FS-iA6B I could patch it in and finally use my FlySky radio instead of the massive behemoth the K130 came with?
10-15g weight sounds a bit much with the case.

If nobody on HeliFreak or Rcgroups did it with Flysky on XK helis before you need to rely on your own experiences or research.

Nothing can go that much wrong if you first A) unplug the motor cables (2+) and later B) unscrew the main and tail blades when you do basic 0..100 motor channel tests.

Is it worth it?
Only you can tell.
Your Flysky radio might have a timer.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:07 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Could I not just order a Double Horse 9053? 9058? I forget... mainboard and remote and just do a straight swap with the brains for these 2 coaxes?
Is Skyartec RC the vendor?
Are they still in production?

Most Skyartec CP helis like Wasp Nano are out of parts on ChineseJade.

Don't understand what "brains" you want to swap.

Other people have already mentioned in the beginning of this thread it is not a true 4 channel Coax (like Blade Mcx2) so obviously it must be missing roll left and right and a swashplate?

Difficult for me to find good images and product specs...

No idea what you want to go for as you already have real 6CH CP helis like NanoCpx and K130.

On a Coax the board needs to control two rotors (drive gears vs two motors) with one brushed main motor and the tail so you can't plug in a Flysky receiver directly.

Product description says the mainboard of the 9053 has a gyroscope as well.

Honestly, just fly your 30g NanoCpx (no crappy Safe mode) with collective pitch outdoors...works!

..(...)..

Better make a decision:

Either you now strictly go the collective pitch heli route or you do not.

No idea why you again try to go back to bad Coax toy grade stuff from years ago.... to throw money and valuable time out of the window?

Quote:
Is there some fundamental difference between a board expecting to power a brushless vs. a coreless? Is there some simple way to use coreless with brushless hardware? I watched a youtube where a guy converted a little whoop from coreless to brushless and it looked pretty straightforward, I'd just need to do the opposite no?
People on the Mcpx V2 did it for years with separate brushless Escs and soldered a cable on the board to get the (brushed) signal.

The picture of the 9053 I found looked like two big brushed motors??
So they call them Coreless?

In that case the mainboard is not ready to go brushless so you need a converter.
I am no expert with that stuff...

But for what?

You need to run constant throttle outdoors and control up and down with collective pitch to be able to fight against any wind and to make fly a heli good.

Brushless won't help you anything outdoors with that 3Ch Coax head construction and double motor / rotor and stabi flybar.

With a Coax you decrease the motor power so it sinks again.
Very wrong concept for outdoors...similar to a FixedPitch heli.

You want at least full 4Ch, no, 6 channels.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 10-07-2021 at 12:38 PM..
Old 10-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your XK K130 already is brushless.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:14 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you flown the K130 by now or have you done the basic head check / swashplate leveling?

Is everything correct out of the box?
Does it fly?

Does the 6G mode work without recalibration and hover trim too without bad drifts?

Not sure if you are truly ready for it (the heli is a bit heavier, so does not crash so well) if nobody can help you locally like basic checks, maiden hover flight, etc.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
and finally use my FlySky radio instead of the massive behemoth the K130 came with?
The little Rtf X6 transmitter?

Hmm, then I have no idea what you're talking about

Take a quick look on the Spektrum Dx18/Dx9, Walkera Devo10, Frsky X9D... they are heavier and bigger.

The X6 looks smaller and like made of cheaper made plastic??...at least has a display and computer programming.
Maybe it is just that look on a picture...

Not sure about gimbal quality and stick ends.
I am using Spektrum tuning stick ends on my Devo10.
Definitive improvement.

Yes, I have seen your Flysky TX already one to two times...a plane guy is using it at our green field.

I doubt there is so much difference to your Flysky transmitter???

Anyway, your correct of course.
Haptic is important too.

Maybe find something which fits you best and "simply works" without much tweaking.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flysky iBus vs Sbus

Today I found an interesting user statement about iBus: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...91#post8373917

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in