Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smoggie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Good replacement for 7HVU?

I put my beloved 7HVU in a while back and took a break from the hobby. I'm back now and wanted to know what suggestions anyone had for something that would fly similarly and be easy to work on.

I hardly every had to wrench on mine, but when I did everything was pretty accessible. What have the 7HVU fliers moved on to in it's absence? I'm not a hard smack flier, but I do like to mix up mid-level 3D with big air. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill
gemmellsc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2021, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The XLPower Specter V2 would be a good replacement and similar in overall design to the 7HV, single stage gear drive, belt drive tail, tandem tray mount packs etc. The Tron 7.0 is another heli that shares similar features.
cyclo likes this.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've seen the XL v2, but I haven't checked out a Tron yet. I'll give them a look. Tks
gemmellsc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2021, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still fly my 7HVU and Chronos... when the day comes I run out of spares for either or both, it probably will be a choice between the Tron, Specter V2 and Oxy Flash, and Oxy Chronos if that ever the last two come out.

I have seen both the Specter V2 and Tron 7 flown hard at the Toronto RC Heli Club flying field. Both are very capable helis... I have a slight preference for the Tron even though it is slightly heavier. The main reason is I am not a fan of the FBL controller placement on the Specter V2 which is beneath the ESC on the front of the heli. I use IKON2 controller and a Spektrum DX9 Tx. This means the wire from the three receivers (two sats and one telemetry) will further be routed from the front to where the receivers are mounted.

I also like the looks of the Tron better... The stock orange/white canopy is more visible to my eyes than that of the Specter which is red/white. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I have been away from the hobby for quite a while now what is everyone doing for spare parts like belts ect?
Old 12-19-2021, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Specter had been fantastic for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in