Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Suitable replacement motor, esc and servo for Trex 250?

Hello,
I am window shopping for a suitable replacement for a motor, ESC and servo for my T250. The genuine parts are obviously nowhere to be found these days, any suggestions?

Link/store would be appreciated.
homeunt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2021, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, you're dumping more and more money into it.

Are you sure you can get at least one of them flying reliably without any tail issues?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2021, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aha, I already did buy a replacement original motor, 18A ESC, and a servo (Servo SH-0255MG Digital (3.9kg/cm)).

One that flies right now to be fair right now has bent tail boom (hand bent back "in shape") and the boom can easily rotate. I have two other ones yet to put in the air with the DX7, just waiting to get the new Tx battery.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

A new motor and esc for that jalopy is half the price of a Trex 470LP kit, which comes with a motor and esc. The servos are the same size for both.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2021, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm holding onto the flybarred systems. It makes me feel young haha.

I am staying at and below 250 for a few decades.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had a look at local prices for 470 kits, well the prices are darn attractive.... but self control time, 7 helicopters are enough.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

------
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2021, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeunt View Post
I just had a look at local prices for 470 kits, well the prices are darn attractive.... but self control time, 7 helicopters are enough.
Sell a few of the small ones and get something modern. I too battled with 250s, they're just too small, the quality of parts is low, parts are hard to find and they cost as much as parts for the 470. I did love the 250s when they flew right, but there was so much to fix after a crash and it took a long long time before they flew right. And getting a tail to stop wagging at times took $50-100 in parts.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

the tail issue is real for sure, but I want to see if the other 2 250s have similar issues first.

The biggest surprise I get is so far from 2 semi hard crashes or so, the spindle shaft literally rips and breaks at the blade holder.

I've seen them bend but literally tearing apart... from a very minor crash, that's wicked.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The final double joint tail with the TT drive is pretty decent. You can make it work with a belt, but there is a lot of work to make that happen. I used to have 5 or 6 250s at one time. Just got tired of fighting with them after I got one Oxy 2.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you think it's purely mechanical? Do you think it may help if I slap on a Futaba GY401?

Honestly, I will sell the 250s eventually but not anytime soon. I am having too much fun with them. They are quite literally minature versions of the 450s I used to fly.

In fact, I think they are the same size as Honey Bee King V2. I was very fond of HBK2.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was a known issue

A lot of people put an expensive rail servo in it and made the 250 awesome

I installed the upgrade version of the tail grips. Kept the belt tight and turned off the governor. Its not perfect but pretty close.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup the DS95i fixed a lot of tail issues. Add the last tail upgrade align did, a good gyro and you are all set.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

100 USD for a microservo?!!! Geez
Old 10-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeunt View Post
100 USD for a microservo?!!! Geez

Cheaper than hair grafts after you rip yours out.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try the Spektrum H3060 servo if you can find one in stock. It may not be an MKS, but in my experience it performed excellent on the T-REX 250. I much preferred the belted tail setup. TT just isn't durable enough.

Trex 250 DFC | Micro 3D (4 min 28 sec)

I think the H3060 has been discontinued and replaced with the H3065 but should be the same basically.

Last edited by Number; 10-09-2021 at 07:13 PM..
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well right now I am nowhere near doing 3D on the 250. Even just for cruising and hovering I'm having issues. I got fed up today an changed the tail tube because it was bent pretty badly and bent back in shape but it was still able to rotate. I will check out the H3060/3065 on the next order.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course. You don't need to do 3D to benefit from a good tail servo. The T-REX 250 NEEDS a good tail servo for the tail to have a chance of behaving. The tail mechanics are generally awful, so you need to compensate with a good servo. The Spektrum servo is surprisingly good for its price, and it's light - which is also important on the 250. The lighter you can get that heli, the better it will fly. My favorite power system combo was the ALIGN 250MX or 250SP and Castle Talon 15 direct soldered. The ALIGN motors are discontinued, so you'll have to find one used if you don't already have one.

Also see if you can find any KBDD EE 40mm tail blades. Those seemed to be the best ones I could find. If you're using the ALIGN tail blades that could be a big part of why your tail sucks. They're usually extremely heavy and not well balanced, and the vibrations irritate your gyro. Lighter tail blades are easier for the tail mechanics to handle. Heavy tail blades are more likely to cause harmonics and vibration because of the tiny flexible tail shaft and hub and bearings, even if they are balanced.
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using the align tail blades and I was actually planning to look for something bigger. I will check out KBDD EE 40mm, any other blades you can suggest? As for motors, I did find a local supplier and I think I bought the last one (https://www.modellhubschrauber.ch/Sp...=25429&p=25429)

I am going to try an extra Savox servo that I have. It looks like I can only find Spektrum H3065 on ebay, do you know any other suppliers in Europe (closer to Switzerland, better)
Old 11-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can make a 250 fly well. I had like 6 of them (belt and tt)
I have a bunch of NIP Align Trex 250 parts for sale listed on the for sale forum.
Invest in good servos, esc and motors last....
AlvaSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in