• 2 Post By Blades345
  • 4 Post By EGODRIFT
  • 8 Post By toadiscoil
  • 2 Post By slogoat
  • 3 Post By EGODRIFT
  • 3 Post By EGODRIFT
  • 1 Post By got2tinkr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone interested in trying an EGODRIFT motor?

If so, shoot me a PM and let me help you try one. Or, two

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why when they can be bought at the online hobby shops or direct from the factory?

Dont know you, dont want to know you, dont trust you.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's next some guy on a dark corner in a trench coat that he flashs open to show off a bunch of motors hidden inside.

Between this and Vincents Offenbeck's friends requests I'm about to run from EGODRIFT motors for my builds.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weird hostility.
Blades345, Weule, jrman83 and 5 others like this.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2021, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm assuming he posted this in the EgoDrift forum because he is a rep and want's to help new customers.
Blades345 and jrman83 like this.
Weule is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weule View Post
I'm assuming he posted this in the EgoDrift forum because he is a rep and want's to help new customers.

Perhaps, but it did not come off that way, even more so with the friends request that just came in from the company's owner.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weule View Post
Exactly. Nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
If so, shoot me a PM and let me help you try one. Or, two
Glad to hear more people liking them. I've heard nothing but good things.
jrman83 and EGODRIFT like this.

XL 550 Egodrift 1220kv, OMG cyclic servos, KST tail, HW 120amp ESC, Ikon 2 FBL.Oxy 3 Tareq, xnova motor, MKS servos, IKon2, HW esc. 2 blade 70s
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2021, 03:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Rudy,

Did you maybe send an email to our support? I try to answer most questions regarding our motors personally (love doing so) and really believe email is the least efficient tool to help people with questions - so if I see a way to send them a message (via Messenger), I always try to go that route - and usually pair this with a friend request as the messages otherwise go to a "message requests" sub-folder that is a) easy to miss and b) usually full with "come join my sexy time" spam requests that I delete in bulk.

The only other (rather rare) instance I can think of is when I want to invite new Tengu users to our Tengu Heli Motors group on Facebook (for help, support and sharing experiences), which is also only possible when you can select them from your friend list.

Either way, sorry if you felt offended, please feel free to delete it and contact me from your side should you ever need anything,

kindest regards

Vincent
or visit www.egodrift.com
EGODRIFT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Geez, that is harsh but I guess not everyone can be pleased.

For the record, I run Xnova motors on all my helis and I am not sponsored by any motor manufacturer.

One of the cool things about Egodrift is the personal touch. I think that is super awesome on this hobby. I have had calls from Dave at AnythingHeli when I sent an email about an issue to work it out. I thought that was excellent one-on-one customer service which seems what Egodrift/Vincent is attempting here, more so after his post.

And about jrman if you see his post count, he is everything except an unknown on the forums. He may not be a well-known pro pilot but he is well known around these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
What's next some guy on a dark corner in a trench coat that he flashs open to show off a bunch of motors hidden inside.

Between this and Vincents Offenbeck's friends requests I'm about to run from EGODRIFT motors for my builds.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2021, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have xnova and egodrift motors. Both great, but the personal support you get with Ego is pretty awesome. I think maybe you are reading too much into it, Rudy.
jrman83 and EGODRIFT like this.

SAB\OXY\SYNERGY\MSH\XLPOWER\GAUI Fanboy
slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2021, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear toadiscoil and slogoat,

thank you very much for your kind words and feedback, personal service in this hobby is what makes all the difference to me,

with appreciation,

Vincent
Rabid121, jrman83 and slogoat like this.

Last edited by EGODRIFT; 10-28-2021 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-28-2021, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Perhaps, but it did not come off that way, even more so with the friends request that just came in from the company's owner.
I very rarely send out friend requests, and frankly your name didn't ring a bell at all, so this whole situtation did honestly have me puzzled - and I went to confirm what I had already suspected:

Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find any trace of a friend request I sent to you in my profile's activity log (I only sent out 5 over the last 3 months, so that wasn't too long a list to check) - nor could I honestly find a reason (no offense) as to why I should have done that: You don't seem to be running (or have won) any of our motors, nor could I find any message from you in our support mails.

So - even assuming - all traces of that request should have magically disappeared, have you considered that it might just have been a misclick while scolling fb on my phone?

Either way, I am very sorry for the whole situation and that you apparently felt offended by this,

kindest regards

Vincent
Old 10-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGODRIFT View Post
I very rarely send out friend requests, and frankly your name didn't ring a bell at all, so this whole situtation did honestly have me puzzled - and I went to confirm what I had already suspected:

Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find any trace of a friend request I sent to you in my profile's activity log (I only sent out 5 over the last 3 months, so that wasn't too long a list to check) - nor could I honestly find a reason (no offense) as to why I should have done that: You don't seem to be running (or have won) any of our motors, nor could I find any message from you in our support mails.

So - even assuming - all traces of that request should have magically disappeared, have you considered that it might just have been a misclick while scolling fb on my phone?

Either way, I am very sorry for the whole situation and that you apparently felt offended by this,

kindest regards

Vincent

I'm Sam Ackerman on Facebook which is the where I received the friends request. With out that request I would have never known who you are. I deleted the request a while back and once I delete it on my side I believe that removes it on your side as well (facebook experts can chime in here) In any case I had moved on and was looking at your product again until your rep decided to PM me yesterday, offering me some discount code if I ordered direct vs going through a local vendor. That I consider to be very rude and a bad business practice when you try to cut out your local vendors. That is what bothered me about this thread. It appeared your rep was trying to do a end around on your vendors.

Now I dont have a screen shot of the FB request, I can however do a screenshot of the PM if you like.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
In any case I had moved on and was looking at your product again until your rep decided to PM me yesterday, offering me some discount code if I ordered direct vs going through a local vendor. That I consider to be very rude and a bad business practice when you try to cut out your local vendors. That is what bothered me about this thread. It appeared your rep was trying to do a end around on your vendors.
That was in reference to this thread and meant as humor, as I said in my follow-up PM. Never was very good at humor. Sorry to have bothered you.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
Old 10-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm Sam Ackerman on Facebook which is the where I received the friends request. With out that request I would have never known who you are.
Which confirms that there was no apparent reason as to why I should have sent you a friend request, and that the whole thing might at best have been a mis- or pocket-click, once again: sorry.

As for the other part, we do have 2 or 3 motors still left from the display at our IRCHA booth this year (that we ran - and financed - ourselves to support our partners in the US), and Ben might have just found that one of these could have fit you, and we would have happily given you a good deal on it (just to clear those few units remaining).

Either way, I think the whole situation is a very unfortunate chain of misunderstandings, and I'd like to apologize for everything,

kindest regards

Vincent
jrman83, Number and AndyO like this.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wish I read this post, yesterday. We just ordered a new 4525HT-510 for a friends build, a new XLP Specter v2. We are planning for a lower head speed, so the 510KV was a great choice.

Looking forward to great service and support from HeliDirect, Vincent and his reps.
Got2tink2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jrman83 likes this.
got2tinkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone needs to switch to decaf.
RustyChain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in