Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OMP Helicopters

OMP Helicopters OMP M1/M2/M4 support

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stark
  • 1 Post By the_jane_doe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default OMP M1 front servo issue

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased an M1 heli.
I wanted to fly it with my DS-12 so I have purchased an R7 nano receiver and installed the 3.24 SBUS firmware(followed the thread: OMP M2 with Jeti).

Firmware was installed correctly.
I then soldered the OMP sbus cable to the receiver and installed it on the M1.

When I connected the battery for the first time, the right and left servo centered while the front one turned 180 degrees.
At first I thought the servo horn was mounted incorrectly, so I took it off, re-inserted the battery and as soon as the servos centered again, I re-mounted the horn.
As soon as the horn was mounted, the servo horn started moving back and forth and then set again on a 180 degree.

Is there anyone who had the same issue? How did you solve it?

Thank you very much
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2021, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you mean rear servo (elevator) ?

First disconnect the receiver from the Heli just to ensure servo is not moving due to signal from receiver.
After that, does the servo center properly on power on?

You can also go to the servo centering option in the FBL controller settings (via GYRO button) and double check that servo is near center here.

If not then maybe it was not setup correctly at factory/shop. You will need a working receiver to fix this. Maybe now you can connect the receiver and see if you can fix the servo center in the FBL settings.
the_jane_doe likes this.
stark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2021, 03:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark View Post
Did you mean rear servo (elevator) ?

First disconnect the receiver from the Heli just to ensure servo is not moving due to signal from receiver.
After that, does the servo center properly on power on?

You can also go to the servo centering option in the FBL controller settings (via GYRO button) and double check that servo is near center here.

If not then maybe it was not setup correctly at factory/shop. You will need a working receiver to fix this. Maybe now you can connect the receiver and see if you can fix the servo center in the FBL settings.
Thank you very much for the help

The servo was the aileron, I tried disconnecting the receiver first and then I have tried to center it from the FBL controller but it didn't work, the servo kept moving randomly as soon as it received a stick input.

I think in the end it was a defective servo, I got a new one and now the heli flies perfectly
stark likes this.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad you got it sorted out
stark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in