Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-REX 250 vs New Gaui 200

I have decided to sell my 450 and elected to buy a 250 instead (mcx, 250, 600e haha) what i dont understand is how (parts aside) the Rex will out do the Gaui.

The new gaui is sporting a TT, a few years of trials, and tried and true performance. This new 250 could be a paperweight (I'm exaggerating, but how do we know it will be perfect from the start). I suppose my question is, should i wait for a 250 (and how long a month?) or do I just build a Gaui 200 V2 and shun the T-REX line?

Also, I am assuming that the stuffing of the two will be interchangeable (Servos, gyros, esc's, batts?)
asdf1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeal31 View Post
I have decided to sell my 450 and elected to buy a 250 instead (mcx, 250, 600e haha) what i dont understand is how (parts aside) the Rex will out do the Gaui.

The new gaui is sporting a TT, a few years of trials, and tried and true performance. This new 250 could be a paperweight (I'm exaggerating, but how do we know it will be perfect from the start). I suppose my question is, should i wait for a 250 (and how long a month?) or do I just build a Gaui 200 V2 and shun the T-REX line?

Also, I am assuming that the stuffing of the two will be interchangeable (Servos, gyros, esc's, batts?)
actually the V2 has done away with the TT again.. they are back to belt but now with an actual autorotation gear.

and the Gaui V1 and 2 both run on 2S 800s where the Trex 250 runs on 3S 800+

The servos are the same if you get a V2 Gaui as it has increased the servo size allowed. the V1 only allows super micro servos.

Myself a confessed G200 fanboy am going to wait and see what happens with pricing on the Gaui side as they are still a tad more expensive as well as seeing how well the T250 does in real flyers hands.
CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Cool going to wait and see myself

I have 5 Trex, I'll wait and see how folks like the early kits, if the response is good, I'll have to get the 250! if it is bad I'll skip this size heli!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im looking foward to see Bert fly it like he did gaui200 in the garden video.
CX2
mk1spitfire is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes we have all seen that yard vid, and its quite amazing. When do yall expect there to be adequately stocked Rex kits? and why would Gaui do away with TT, ive always been under the impression it was superior to nylon?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeal31 View Post
Yes we have all seen that yard vid, and its quite amazing. When do yall expect there to be adequately stocked Rex kits? and why would Gaui do away with TT, ive always been under the impression it was superior to nylon?
Well if you head over the G200 section you will see that the vast majority of its owners feel at this size its much too fragile.

I run a modified TT with the new MH tail on mine and yes its fragile but easy/cheap to fix.
but the belted guys have alot less issues with durability.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
actually the V2 has done away with the TT again.. they are back to belt but now with an actual autorotation gear.
A SD version of the EP200 V2 will be released soon after the SE version as with the V1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
Well if you head over the G200 section you will see that the vast majority of its owners feel at this size its much too fragile.
A lot of people shy away and complain about smaller helis (EP200 especially) because they think they're fragile, but how durable can you make something like this without making it weigh as much as a 450 (SJM-180)? It's like complaining that there is sand at the beach.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hey I know =D Im flying the SD version and like it despite the fragility.

and the V2 SD is good news!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably the reason the Gaui 200 is a little bit dearer is that it is 90% build,unlike the trex 250.
dessoman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Heli View Post
A lot of people shy away and complain about smaller helis (EP200 especially) because they think they're fragile, but how durable can you make something like this without making it weigh as much as a 450 (SJM-180)? It's like complaining that there is sand at the beach.
Actually, I think it was just the torque tube that was at issue, just because of the tiny size. The smaller/lighter submicro helis are actually very crash resistant due to their light weight. Most crashes on the G200 don't result in much damage at all; sometimes you can just check it over and fly it again.

Light weight submicros generally seem to suffer less damage in a crash.

I've been very pleased with how little crash damage there has been on my little GAUI.
rotary65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 crashes on my gaui200 has been a total of $30 both times where with wood blades that broke so that was $16 of it
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post
2 crashes on my gaui200 has been a total of $30 both times where with wood blades that broke so that was $16 of it
See if you had the plastics on there it woulda been a 14 dollar crash =D

I have wadded my little G200 up so bad I thought when I walked over to it it would be a carpet of parts... but the little bugger is pretty darn tough.. blades were not even broken or chipped for that matter... needed less than 10 bucks in parts to fly again.
I have 4 sets of spare plastic blades that I don't even need as the sets are so durable. they don't break..
Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL it has the plastic blades on their now. their my backup when my woodies break
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

I bought a GAUI EP100 in about 1.5year ago, than upgrade and upgrade....Now, it almost same as Hurricane 200 SD.

Did you see the video released by Align? The power performance seems less than G200V2, but I still will buy one! I believe Align will release upgrade parts very soon.....:o
jabafly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you comparing stock align to stock gaui or stock align to Bert's 5150 video? What performance of G200V2 it isn't out yet.
Future1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My intention was to talk ab the performance disparities between the T250 and the G200 V2. I feel like the rex will be a better heli for my demands (no 3d as of yet) i just want something stable to throw around the yard. and i can practice 3d on my 600. The other great thing is that to make these small heli's insane is the pricing equivalent of a new esc for a bigger heli
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As for me, I have the Gaui 200 SD, and enjoy it muchly. I was contemplating the V2 or the new T-Rex 250, but dang - a new T-Rex 500 ESP jumped in the way. So I will wait a bit to see how the Rex 250 does. If I go with another 200 size it will probably be the Rex rather than the Gaui. I think Align's quality is much better than Gaui's.

Cheers

Bob C.
RChristopher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

The Bert videos with the GAui 200 (both original version and the SD 5150) looks better than the Align 250 to me. I'll stick with my Gaui 200 and give the Gaui 200 V2 a shot and pas on the 250
ghostrising is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

i might get a 250 after all the bugs are worked out. i know you guys don't think this is going to be a plug and play heli. you're not that nieve are you?
rotorhead58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

why wouldnt it be. i dont have much experience with single rotor micros, but you add servos, add a gyro, plug em into a Rx and copy over programming thats basically enough for basic hovering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in