Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This sort of question is very subjective and depends on a lot of things:
Ability level
Flying location
What else you fly besides helicopters.

I have been flying about five years and am still just a basic sport flyer. I built a 550E about four years ago. Then I built some 700 gassers. Then I got a 700L and flying them all back to back, I decided i liked my old 550 the best. I wanted to convert that to a night flyer so I bought the 550X.

If you ask different people "if you only had one helicopter, what would it be", the answer is going to vary. My answer as of now is a 550 and I happen to have the 550X and still have my 550E. But I also don't just fly helicopters (mostly slope soaring this year).

If you ask an advanced smack 3D guy, he might say a 700.

I think a 550 is a perfect "sweet spot" based on size, cost, cost to operate, ,and capability. The 550X is definitely a nice choice in the 550 class. If you have two batteries for a 550 you can use them later in a 700.

As of today, if I had to have just one, it would be a 550. But when I only had a 550, I really wanted to know what a 700 was like. So like most of us, you will probably end up with both at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If flying field size isn't an issue, a 700l v2 supercombo can be had for the same price or about 5% more than a 550x.

Youtube
AzHeliCrasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in