Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2015, 06:17 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdriedger View Post
Finally got out to put some flights on the new (replacement) heli today. Very nice. I'm impressed with this machine.

I did run the firmware update, calibration and trim flight to be safe. Self leveling works great. Bail out works fine too.

Looking forward to many more flights!
Glad you are up and running! Looks like the updates fixed the trim issues. Since this is a "trainer," new pilots have enough to worry about without having to do a trim flight just to make it flyable.

Good Luck, Good Flying!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Hi, Bill Van, thank yu for your work, but i have a question:
I'm a beginner and, i fly in "stability mode".As the helis of other members, my heli is drifting forward and left.
must i do the trim flight procedure or must i simply update the ar636 ignored to benefit of the trainer qualities of my Blade 230s ?
fareneight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareneight View Post
I'm a beginner and, i fly in "stability mode".As the helis of other members, my heli is drifting forward and left.
must i do the trim flight procedure or must i simply update the ar636 ignored to benefit of the trainer qualities of my Blade 230s ?
Since you have limited experience, I recommend that you do the firmware update first. From what I've been told, this update solves most if not all of the "out of the box" trim issues. After doing the update, then go through the calibration process and then test fly your 230S. If a trim flight is needed, the heli should be a lot more manageable so your trim flight will have a better chance of being successful. Keep us posted, there are a few threads and a video on how to perform these steps. Look around and give them a try. Good Luck!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so my cable came and I did the update. I have done two trim flights and the same issue. It aggressively tries to tip left prior to take off and once in the air flies forward and to the left with no input......
Termite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
Ok, so my cable came and I did the update. I have done two trim flights and the same issue. It aggressively tries to tip left prior to take off and once in the air flies forward and to the left with no input......
So, did you do the calibration procedure after the update?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BLH1500_Calibration_Proceedure-EN.pdf (94.3 KB, 439 views)
Old 11-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareneight View Post
First, let me pass on my thoughts and prayers for those involved in the attack in Paris. God be with you and your countrymen.

Regarding the 230S, do the update, then the calibration procedure, then a trim flight if necessary. Be sure to follow the instructions closely when doing the calibration procedure. Also, make sure you are in S1 (flight mode 1) when you perform the calibration flight.

I just flew a new 230S after updating and calibrating and found no trim flight was required. Heli was rock solid. S1 and S2 were also rock solid with no drifting at all. Good Luck, I'll try to follow the thread more carefully and watch for your post in case you need further information.

If you don't have the calibration instructions, I posted the English version a few posts up. You should be able to get the French version from the Horizon Hobby web site. Good Day!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:45 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

I need some clarity to this calibration procedure after the firmware update. I too recieved my cable yesterday and updated the firmware to the latest available (4.23). I did the calibration as listed and to the word, and it appears to complete sucessfully.
My question is, given the tx needs to be in FM1 this would suggest the rx uses the input values to enter the calibration mode, but if throttle hold is ON, line 3 in the procedure there are no changes to the values seen in the monitor on the tx when switching from normal mode to FM1.
Also worth mentioning, since doing the calibration and spooling up the heli in my hand it too wants to tip over, to the right in my case.
So given the motors are unplugged should throttle hold be on or off?

Many thanks
Mark
MrHux is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, thanks for the information and link. I'm trying to do that right now and it is not working. My heli initializes then nothing happens when I move the sticks and push the bind button. ????
Old 11-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, thanks for the information and link. I'm trying to do that right now and it is not working. My heli initializes then nothing happens when I move the sticks and push the bind button. ????
What radio are you using?
Old 11-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

The DXe it came with.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The DXe it came with.

I'm not familiar with the binding process on the DXe. Let me look around and see if I can find some info.

Sometimes, when they don't respond, re-initializing will force them to connect.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Termite,

I've reviewed the binding procedure for the DXe.... see page 9 of your 230S manual if you forgot how to bind.

If you managed to get the bind done, make sure you remove the bind plug before starting the calibration process.

Let me know!
Old 11-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will try to re-bind and report back.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post

Let me know!
GOT IT!!! Thanks Bill, mine actually hovers hands off now!!
Old 11-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post

Let me know!

I did the re-bind then calibrated, then trim flight.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GREAT!

Quote:

I did the re-bind then calibrated, then trim flight.

I'm as happy as you are! Once the 230 is tuned, it's a fantastic heli. Weather is not conducive for flying today so I'm gonna hit the SIM and work on some new moves!

Glad you are up and running. Enjoy!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A trim flight should help you when you are in the air but as far as taking off the disc is going to want to tip and kind of be all over the place thats how my helicopter reacts...you have to watch the disc carefully and get it nice and even just try to get it right off the ground but yes I could see how this can be a little intimidating for newbies this is especially bad with the 230s but I think it is because of the safe software and it not being in the air trying to compensate but I think if you do a trim flight you should get all of your in-flight issues fixed up
Old 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Gambino$ View Post
A trim flight should help you when you are in the air but as far as taking off the disc is going to want to tip and kind of be all over the place thats how my helicopter reacts...you have to watch the disc carefully and get it nice and even just try to get it right off the ground but yes I could see how this can be a little intimidating for newbies this is especially bad with the 230s but I think it is because of the safe software and it not being in the air trying to compensate but I think if you do a trim flight you should get all of your in-flight issues fixed up
What he said! ....
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Gambino$ View Post
I have some heli experience, I just thought this was funny because back in the day my other helis would lift off with minimal input but the "SAFE" heli was tipping everywhere! But you are correct, now that it is up-dated and trimmed it hovers hands-off, which is pretty incredible!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHux View Post
Hi guys,

So given the motors are unplugged should throttle hold be on or off?

Many thanks
Mark
Mark, I talked to HH about this on the phone, they confirmed that the throttle hold should be in the "dis-arm" position. I did tell them that the wording was confusing, even though they use the typical term "throttle hold on" (meaning dis-armed) but the way I understood the process was exactly what you were thinking.

FWIW- Mine flies awesome now but I still have to be on the collective durring spool up or it just wants to tip over. Once airborne it hovers hands off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in