Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is the 800xx a has been ?

I have one, bought it used last year.

Came with decent electric's..Pyro 850-40, Kosmic 160, optimax 14s
Spare blades and price was right.

Been waiting for my flying skills to improve before I fly it.

I keep looking at it and thinking not long now

When I search this fabulous big heli most guy's have been there done that got the T shirt etc.

I've read, too heavy, eat's 14s lipos.

I'd love to hear from you guy's who still own and most importantly 'still' fly them on a regular basis.

Bought mine for big air Sport flying.
I also have an un-built 770 Goblin.

Anyone own both, most seem to have owned both but moved one on.
Is there any reason to own both, are they 'very' different to fly.

Only thing I have to compare at the moment is my 600sx and my 570 Goblin..I can feel the 570 is stiffer and heavier..I love them both though.

I've hammered the sim for 6 months EVERY night.
Started to fly my logo 600sx couple months ago.

Nothing fancy..this last month I've been doing circuit's on the 570.

I'm going inverted on the sim ..nose in only !!

It can't be long before I get to fly this beast of a heli.
Treated it to a Red/white canopy..man it looks awesome even if it is pod and boom.

I'll be sticking a Neo on with Rescue and up in the sky in the next month or so hopefully.

TDR2 - Diabolo S #62
Bigsby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No way it's a "has been".

Design is traditional and functional. Yes it's big. One of the biggest if not the biggest 800 out there, flies very majestic

I would not swap mine for nothing else.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have mine on 16S..is a monster !
like you I've been hammering the simulator to get comfortable with piloting skills , then I fly daily with a 550 to put the sim skills in practice before I do the same with 800, is way cheaper if I crash..I love its presence in the air, I now have 204 flights with only one bad moment : my YGE caught fire in mid-air during flight 170.
I might get the new 700 but the 800 is not going away anytime soon.
Getting the rescue is a worthy investment !
Fly it and enjoy it...avoid uncomfortable unnecessary risks / crazy stunts..happy Flying !
tafkap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Never selling my 800. I did own a Goblin...once, and probably never again. Mikado checks more boxes for me than any other model does...and probably ever will.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've the goblins - 700 converted to comp , 770 converted to comp

The 770 i built was a top shelf build.

14s 4400 , 4530-450le , kosmic 160 , outrage cyclics , mks X8 tail (goblin 770 needs a strong tail servo) vbar silverline. It was a blue / yellow.

Pros :

- loved the size
- loved the colour , the blue was very nice , and the yellow body and boom is so easy to see.
- Quick cyclic

Cons :

- IMO the tail is weak. Weaker than the logo XX series for sure.
I was running 120mm tails , 25T pulley (speedup). I fly alot of big air , 3d and smack wanabee. So when i make my way back ill carry some speed and throw the tail straight down and tic toc walk it back past me ,carrying as much speed as i can.

The "goblin growl " (loud tail - resonating in boom IMO) got real loud then started to chatter bad. This means a blowout is next.

In all fairness i didn't blow the tail out but i'm certain i would have. Backed off.

I sold all my goblins off to date. 700 , 770 , 570

As a side note i got a 570 also , i found it a highly diskloaded heli. I hit hold and it dropped right away ! I flew it 3 times and parted it out. I knew it wasn't for me after 3 flights.

700 i traded for a logo 600 3d which i love.

Logo 800

Fantastic huge heli.

Looks like yours is a premuim setup already. I'm running the stock setup myself , wish i had the cash for a piro.

I've had good luck with my lipo's. First 150ish flights i had some HK 65-130c lipos. They were good but there old a tired now. I've replaced them with GA 45c packs with great success.

I fly 1850 in id2 for 4:30 of big air 3d and a little wanabee.

Pros :

light disk load , autos are effortless. (like a logo 690)
Huge presence in the air.
Awesome blade barks when you stick bang abit

Cons :

Expensive to crash
I made up custom canopy mounting setup to prevent short canopy life.
Ive had some issues with the front bevel gears. I now use Dry fluids reguarly now.

Look up my posts for the mods i;ve made to mine.
Feel free to pm me with questions.

Your going to like the big logo 800. Take it slow and enjoy this big heli.
Save all the " look mom " stuff for your other helis.

Hope this helps.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you all, especially Martin for that great reply.

Seen this.
- HELI ABUSE !! - Autorotation with Goblin 570 - (3 min 45 sec)

Do you think it is technique ?

I was just looking at the main gear on my 600sx last night and wondering
if it would be a good idea to lube that big gear ?..has a copper look to it.

It's great to read the 800 is still loved so much.

Great video of a stretched 800 logo.
Guy made his own oversize Carbon canopy also !

Monster of a heli, is he on here ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEdQ...fP_fd3vehKxXEd

Marty have you tried the KSE 700 ?

This place is full of super helpful people.
I've learned so much this past 6 month's off member's, meet some really cool guy's.

Many thanks fella's.
TDR2 - Diabolo S #62
Bigsby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

He could be a bit off on the auto's can't say for sure.

I do the more traditional ones , approaching from the left with a flare / level / set down.

Haven't got into the vertical / slow headspeed ones.

I do know the 570 will be coming in hot. From the 3 mini auto's I did , I was expecting to see it come in much hotter.

In all fairness I think I could have given the 570 more time. I still think it's high disk loaded machine and I prefer the lighter disk load.

I had bought it based on the electronics package, so I had little into it.

I've been looking on and off for a logo 480 , I hear great things about them stretched to run 505/515 mains , mod 1 gears and kon motor setup. I'm leaning that way , possibly bumping cell count to 10 or 12 s. Will see.

Currently seeing how addicted I'm going to get with the fpv 250 racers. lol

No experience with the KSE 700. I tried several of the goblins and found there just not for me.

My thoughts are they're best suited for a smack heli (taraq a perfect match) where carrying speed isn't a factor. I did test out that theory by doing my best 30' box smack I could slap back to back. Noting the tail did kick a bit ( I'm suspecting my collective management is a factor ) but the growl / chatter wasn't present.
I do far too much big air for the goblin tail.
I did like the 770 size though, I took a logo 700XX and stretched it to 770 with a 800 power system.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't compare it to a goblin 770. The 770 is a 700 with a slightly longer tail boom and main blades. The 800 xx is its own machine. Its the only real 800, unless you wanna consider the protos as something intended to be bigger than 700 though it does ship with 700 boom. 800xxtreme looks very proportionate. Goblin 770 looks like a beetle juice thing the head got shrunk and the body is too long meah.

I'm curious if mikado has a new 800 up their sleeve too, a new dedicated 800 that is.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is Also an exciting model. I'm very pleased with mine

Shape S8
MartinHansson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2016, 07:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

I was thinking of getting one but realized that I've got a few too many and there was mention about gear stripping. How do you find it compared to the Logo?
Old 04-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hehe i know that feeling - i Also read that a few guys had an issue on the gears, but if you are carefull when you mount the motor i Think that you Can awoid it- anyway i didn't ran in to any problems with mine - this is a machine of 6.8kg almost the same size and weight AS the logo 800 xxtreme. I like the agulity of the shape and the overall presence in the air just like the logo 800. I love these Big machines!! I Also have a logo 700xxteme and logo 600 Loving mikado and all og Their products. The Logo 800 is Also bad ass!!
MartinHansson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is the 800xx a has been ?

I have both the G770 comp and the 800. In capable hands (not mine) they both are ridiculously awesome. In my hands I like the 770 a little better. It's a bit more nimble and easier to see because of the tail boom. I did just order the tail boom cover for the 800 so that opinion may change.
I run the 770 comp on 12s with a CC Edge HV 160 and the 800 is stock at 14s. Both have the Vbar NEO and are gov'd.
I decided I no longer want small helis so these two are my only ones. Although I am considering getting a 480 or the G360 at a later date. No more money for either right now, which I'd rather save for more lipos/geni or in case of a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been doing a decent amount of reading and research on this forum and other places as i'm considering picking up an 800.

Question: How far out do you think there will be parts support for this machine? I know Mikado USA has parts as well as the German side? Where else do you guys source them?

Have all the teething issues been sorted out in the latest kits? ie, umbrella gears changing backlash, swash being really stiff, tail binding, vertical gear in front tail case have slop, etc? All these little things. From what I understand these were more issues with the early run kits. Speaking with MikadoUSA, they say their stock is fresh from within a month including their 800's which would suggest that they are still producing these kits.

I have already started acquiring basic parts for this kit. Turnbuckles and end caps from FBL Rotors as well as inquiring about servos from a friend of mine who is a Futaba rep. My plan is to go 16S on this machine and run an IDLE2 headspeed of 2000rpm which I know is possible.

Also, how about head dampening? Is there a way to stiffen up the head just a little bit - i've read a few reports of the dampening being too soft which is something that you don't want swinging 813s. Does anyone make a dampening kit for this machine? If not, I plan on adding some 12mm shims when I put it together to address that issue.

Also, speaking with Kontronik reps, it sounds like 16S Kosmiks are very likely in the near future as regulations regarding maximum voltage to such devices has been increased to allow for 16S capability. My original plan was to go with a YGE200 flashed for 16S directly from Germany, but with this news I will likely wait for the new Kosmiks. I already have a YGE heatsink I was going to use on my 770, but didn't - I see its seems to be a great mounting platform for the 800 which is great.

So far my plan is:
800X with boom cover
Scorp 4540-400kv with 16T pinion
Kosmik 200 Cool on 16S
Futaba BLS172 / BLS276
ThunderPower 4400mah 8S packs
FBL will probably be Skookum 720BE or the new iKon releasing soon

Any advice on the above questions are appreciated. Thanks.

When making a big heli purchase, I went with the 770 over the 800 due to its nimbleness and ability to fly more aggressively. I even swapped out 750mm blades on mine for more agility. Every video I ever saw of the 800 looked very graceful but a bit lethargic. That all changed when I saw this and I want one just like it.

Logo Xxtreme can smack... (4 min 59 sec)
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi to give my short answer i dont think the 800 is a has been...but everyting is inevitable. Every heli on the market at the moment will eventually be phased out.

In saying that i can also say the following....the 800 is a awesome machine. I wrote mine off a few moths ago due to using CA instead of epoxy....my mistake. I then toyed with the idead of a goblin 770.

My reasoning was i want to try as many different things as possible in this hobby. I decided against it purely thinking of what the 800 flew like. I just received my new 800 kit....yes the crash was that bad.

The video you posted is nothing short of amazing and WAAAYYYY above my skill level. I would like to compare it to a donkey racing a Ferarri and winning hoofs down

The thing is for me the 800 was never a smack machine. I would never buy a Henseleit Tdr to match a goblin 700 in a 3d competition but for speed...... They have their places....nonetheless all of them are such brilliant machines we can modify them to hearts content and get ridicolous performance.

My suggestion is go for it....i cant fly like the video but i have seen my 800 in a competition pilots hands and i almost wet myself. The sound of the 800 inverted bolting to mother earth and stopping inches of the ground with a blade bark that would make most shudder is amazing....even better if you can do it yourself.

You are clearly aware of the "finer" issues so deal with them
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I 're-maiden' with vbar control today and had been a while when I last flew it. I wonder if it was the new firmware but it flew better than before. Definitely heavier than the others that I had but nonetheless made up for size and presence. I had the Goblin 770 as well but there is no comparison.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

I hope not! I just remaidened mine today. First time flying one for me. Nice, big and smooth. Youza! Then the rain hit. Had to turn up the gain a lot compared to my 700's all on HC 3SX. Fortunately had some Edge 115 tail blades as well as a BLS276SV tail servo which had to replace an MKS HBL980 that either came bad or I did in from another heli.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippie13 View Post
Hi to give my short answer i dont think the 800 is a has been...but everyting is inevitable. Every heli on the market at the moment will eventually be phased out.

In saying that i can also say the following....the 800 is a awesome machine. I wrote mine off a few moths ago due to using CA instead of epoxy....my mistake. I then toyed with the idead of a goblin 770.

My reasoning was i want to try as many different things as possible in this hobby. I decided against it purely thinking of what the 800 flew like. I just received my new 800 kit....yes the crash was that bad.

The video you posted is nothing short of amazing and WAAAYYYY above my skill level. I would like to compare it to a donkey racing a Ferarri and winning hoofs down

The thing is for me the 800 was never a smack machine. I would never buy a Henseleit Tdr to match a goblin 700 in a 3d competition but for speed...... They have their places....nonetheless all of them are such brilliant machines we can modify them to hearts content and get ridicolous performance.

My suggestion is go for it....i cant fly like the video but i have seen my 800 in a competition pilots hands and i almost wet myself. The sound of the 800 inverted bolting to mother earth and stopping inches of the ground with a blade bark that would make most shudder is amazing....even better if you can do it yourself.

You are clearly aware of the "finer" issues so deal with them
Thanks. I watched your 4 part build series on YT (I think it was yours) showing some of those finer details. The bolt lengths was a great tip.

I probably won't pick up a kit until MikadoUSA has their next 15% off sale going on. I do plan on picking up some items over memorial day weekend sales for the machine. Motor and servos hopefully. Thanks for your input.

P.S> Has anyone tried the Rail 806mm blades on this machine compared to the 813's?
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep build series was mine...good to know it is still helpfull. The bolts on my new kit was still wrong

Give Mikado USA a call maybe they will give you a discount right now if you just ask;-)

They are awesome to deal with!!! And of course enjoy the build it sounds like youre in
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

It was always a bit of a novelty, as it was too heavy to fly hard, in terms of stress on the power system. Both the 700 and 800xx seemed to be gambling that the much anticipated "nano" tech batteries were right around the corner with their anticipated double power density compared to what we are using now. That never came to fruition, but it was a big thing when these helis were being designed.
That's about the only thing that could explain the unneeded bulk in the drivetrain.
The goblin 770 and protos v2 both tear the pants right off the 800xx as far as performance goes, although they don't have quite the tail composure. The protos is pretty close, but the xx set the standard for tail performance.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in