Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My new daily flyer

Let's face it, winter sucks. I've gone through most of the possibilities for indoor flyers like the mcpx, nano cpx, msr and msr x - but none of them really worked well in my living room or bedroom.

Well for Xmas, my brother got me a gift card to my LHS so I picked up this...

The parkzone mini vapor. I've never owned a plane before but this thing is really fun. It just floats around my room, I love it.

tyoung560 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the original and also the night Vapor.

The original is lighter than the Night Vapor so it can't slow down quite as well and needs a bit more room.

On the Night Vapor, the film used is thicker, added some weight as well as the wiring and LED's on the wing.

I would like to get a mini-Vapor for in the house too.

Agreed, these are great indoor fliers.

Here is a friend of mine, flying my Vapor at his house. The house is roomy, the Vapor is slow, I walked along with the Vapor to shoot the video. The runway was the kitchen table.

TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, they are fun. II just picked up a night vapor for indoor flying in the basement. It is my 1st plank(?) and it is fun. Just a bit too big for the basement, but had it outside tonight running on my nano batteries and it was a blast. The air was still so could manage it easily. It would not do well in much of a breeze.

I'm thinking the mini vapor would have been a better choice. But maybe with more practice.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj View Post
Yea, they are fun. II just picked up a night vapor for indoor flying in the basement. It is my 1st plank(?) and it is fun. Just a bit too big for the basement, but had it outside tonight running on my nano batteries and it was a blast. The air was still so could manage it easily. It would not do well in much of a breeze.

I'm thinking the mini vapor would have been a better choice. But maybe with more practice.
It definitely takes some practice. Using the right cyclic for rudder was a bit weird haha. But mostly it takes time to get used to how it flies. I find it's easiest to feather the throttle and you can get the mini vapor to almost hover.

[ame]http://youtu.be/DZ6ToYwPxNI[/ame]

By the way, my box spring is not stained, it's just a shadow lol
tyoung560 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a mini vapor and love it!!! Here are a couple good mods,to make it just that much better. First your nano battery works great and last about 25 min!! Second put a mcpx or nano cpx tail motor on it. This will really give u a huge performance gain. It will do back flips in your living room! I'm trying a couple props out as well, I will let you know what I find. Oh ya, if u do the motor mod make sure u put red to black and black to white so it pulls not pushes. Have fun guys.
Curtjakson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung560 View Post
It definitely takes some practice. Using the right cyclic for rudder was a bit weird haha. But mostly it takes time to get used to how it flies. I find it's easiest to feather the throttle and you can get the mini vapor to almost hover.
I found using the aileron as rudder a little unnerving. I found on rcgroups a suggestion to use mixing to give you your rudder control from the left stick.

I set my dx8, mix1 rud->ail +100 +100 offset 0 Trim: act Sw: on
and mix2 ail->ail +100 +100 offset 0 Trim: act Sw: on

Now I have rudder with BOTH left and right stick. If you set the ail->ail mix to -100 -100, then only your left stick will work for rudder.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtjakson View Post
I have a mini vapor and love it!!! Here are a couple good mods,to make it just that much better. First your nano battery works great and last about 25 min!! Second put a mcpx or nano cpx tail motor on it. This will really give u a huge performance gain. It will do back flips in your living room! I'm trying a couple props out as well, I will let you know what I find. Oh ya, if u do the motor mod make sure u put red to black and black to white so it pulls not pushes. Have fun guys.
Love the sounds of the motor mod. That may be worth a try when the nice weather comes for flying outside.

I must admit, it is a whole lot more relaxing flying these vapors than it is the little nano or mcpx. A nice break between heli batteries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in