Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The end of Outrage brand

The new TORQ mini servos have been released. Interestingly enough, the word Outrage is not part of the servo name. I believe this says a lot.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly as the Month's go by - it looks ever more increasingly like the Outrage brand is history? It just seems crazy (in fact almost Outrageous) to allow a perfectly well established name to just disappear into thin air like this? Im sure that many others including me would like the opportunity to talk to the owner about whats happening if only to find out WHY
Billywizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been looking at getting into nitros. All the uncertainty about the brand has had me cross them off the list. I really do like the look of these helis. Its too bad and I hope they bounce back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Outrage is owned by heli direct (fact)

Notice Outrage business address is the same address as Heli direct

They are letting it go away ( speculation )

I also heard that the owner of Heli direct also owns SAB or is part owner in SAB or something

Supposedly the factory can only keep up with one brand. Sense SAB is doing so well, they are letting outrage collapse on itself.

Just all what i heard from the grapevine, i have no idea if its true or not so don't take my head off. Just regurgitating what i was told by a semi reliable source
automagp68 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even if outrage dies, im happy that the servo line is still going to be supploied
--Brian

XLPOWER 550I HOBBYWING 120A I TORQ SERVOS I RAIL 556mm I VBAR I
Pvtzemerak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Outrage/TORQ were/are MKS servos.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

So if outrage dies or has died out, who will be selling and repairing torq servos? I'm curious because I just burned up a torq tail servo and I really want to repair it rather then spend 140 on a new one. But it's looking like I might have to.
Youngbuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am sure ALeeS will pick up the parts supply for the Outrage line of heli's, they are a great machine and designed by Charles the owner of ALeeS and designer of the Outrage line.
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
I am sure ALeeS will pick up the parts supply for the Outrage line of heli's, they are a great machine and designed by Charles the owner of ALeeS and designer of the Outrage line.
This would be awesome but what proof do you have? Matt
byHISgrace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

i can assure you this would never happen.

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
i can assure you this would never happen.

Why not? With the owner of ALeeS being the designer of the Outrage line, I would think he could help support our need for spare parts lol. Wishful thinking I guess.
Aqwik69dart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqwik69dart View Post
Why not? With the owner of ALeeS being the designer of the Outrage line, I would think he could help support our need for spare parts lol. Wishful thinking I guess.
Because their split was not pleasant. Charley might have signed a legal document to not interfere with anything Outrage in the future, or he just had such a bitter taste in his mouth after his Outrage experience that he just doesn't want to have anything to do with something that even remotely implies the Outrage name.

Last edited by 3Dmuse; 01-19-2014 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagp68 View Post
Outrage is owned by heli direct (fact)

Notice Outrage business address is the same address as Heli direct

They are letting it go away ( speculation )

I also heard that the owner of Heli direct also owns SAB or is part owner in SAB or something

Supposedly the factory can only keep up with one brand. Sense SAB is doing so well, they are letting outrage collapse on itself.

Just all what i heard from the grapevine, i have no idea if its true or not so don't take my head off. Just regurgitating what i was told by a semi reliable source
Sorry if the info I'm about to post has already been presented, but these sorts of statements come up often so I thought I would address them. Some people say OutrageRC is owned by HeliDirect and some say it is not. I've never read or seen a definitive answer, so I did a little research.

OutrageRC website is marked as LLC. That means there is a document somewhere, in some state that will have the names of the principles or agents who own the company. Since, HeliDirect is in MA, I thought I'd start there. A google search gave this link:

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corpweb/...orpSearch.aspx

With it, you can search to your hearts content for businesses in the great state of Massachusetts. I was quickly able to find the LLC docs for HeliDirect.

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/...&SEARCH_TYPE=1

The entry of importance here is: The Name and Address of the Resident Agent. Then I searched for the entry for OutrageRC and got this:

The Resident Agent names are the same. Thus, for me at least, there is now a definitive answer. No doubt about it, OutrageRC has the same owner as HeliDirect. However, the same cannot be said for SAB. No rc heli related entry can be found for SAB in the MA database. I didn't need to search though. The about page on the goblin site told me all I need to know. As has been posted many times, it's based out of Italy.
Grok is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice bit of detective work Grok.
Anyway - who the heck is MINH QUOC T. LE - Does anyone know this person?

Is Helidirect really just a USA outlet for some Chinese distributor?
Billywizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually still have my Outrage G5 need a new battery for it but it used to fly awesome! It was fast quick and had plenty of power, going to miss the lineup
lions74blue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe Minh Quoc T. Le is a Vietnamese name not to say it still couldn't be a Chinese distributer but I'm guessing not.
WTrax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 03:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Not happening, and without Charley the Outrage brand is good as dead.

It's obvious HeliDirect and directed all their attention on the SAB Goblin brand.
Anthony.L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel bad for those who still support the outrage brand.

"Finally, I tried to work with outrage, but there were financial issues with the company that had nothing to do with me. I had items to release to fix issues, but they were not able to release them." - Bert K.

Can be found Here..
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions74blue View Post
I actually still have my Outrage G5 need a new battery for it but it used to fly awesome! It was fast quick and had plenty of power, going to miss the lineup
Plenty of other companies make packs that fit. Turnigy, Blue, Hyperion come time mind without looking. My G5 (and its mountain of spares...5 airframes at last count) is still going strong and the spares will likely outlast my interest.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
Sorry if the info I'm about to post has already been presented, but these sorts of statements come up often so I thought I would address them. Some people say OutrageRC is owned by HeliDirect and some say it is not. I've never read or seen a definitive answer, so I did a little research.

OutrageRC website is marked as LLC. That means there is a document somewhere, in some state that will have the names of the principles or agents who own the company. Since, HeliDirect is in MA, I thought I'd start there. A google search gave this link:

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corpweb/...orpSearch.aspx

With it, you can search to your hearts content for businesses in the great state of Massachusetts. I was quickly able to find the LLC docs for HeliDirect.

The entry of importance here is: The Name and Address of the Resident Agent. Then I searched for the entry for OutrageRC and got this:

The Resident Agent names are the same. Thus, for me at least, there is now a definitive answer. No doubt about it, OutrageRC has the same owner as HeliDirect. However, the same cannot be said for SAB. No rc heli related entry can be found for SAB in the MA database. I didn't need to search though. The about page on the goblin site told me all I need to know. As has been posted many times, it's based out of Italy.
I can confirm this since I asked a notable rep at HeliDirect the deal with Outrage RC. I received a prompt explanation that the Outrage RC website is solely managed by HeliDirect/Prestige RC team. It's obvious that HD had alot at stake with the brand and according to the communication I had, HD is continuing to work with the ever silent owners of Outrage on supply fulfillment. Only time will tell where the brand goes. The fact that some parts and heli kits remain listed as available with normal MSRP's at HeliDirect leaves us with a tad bit of hope down the road.
Flown on Jeti DS-16, Brain2, RCHN #222
MKS Servos, Scorpion Tribunus, MSH P700, Synergy e5s, N5cTT
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in