Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New TDR 1 Owner!

I am very proud to say I am now the owner of the coveted TDR! It has been a dream since 2011 and now I have my hands on quite possibly the best flying R/C heli ever! I remember reading posts here about you guy's putting this wonderful machine together with envy always wishing it was me. Now with the TDR 2 being "the thing" TDR 1 is becoming a reality for more of us die hard heli guys who simply could not poney up the cash in the amount of time needed to obtain one. or seeing an airframe here or there for well over $2000.00 or maybe I was looking in the wrong places at the wrong times. I have many questions as anyone jumping into a TDR after flying mostly simple Compass and Gaui Machines, But I have great faith in you guys over here you seem to be a knowledgeable freindly group.
Check out my YouTube channel: thedaveyht3
daveyht3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats mate, you will absolutely love flying this bird...
Old 04-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats You will love it.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bravo on your purchase, still one of the best heli around

I rekit one last year and will be soon building it from scratch again. I have two by the way.

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 04-26-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Puttputt maru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Congrats! Really nice heli to work on. Fly's nice too. Wish I had one to build from scratch. Maybe a teardown's in order
Old 04-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
Maybe a teardown's in order
With the fleet I have now, and the dumb thumbs that plague me sometimes, but a lot less now with FBL with rescue, I have gotten into the habit that when a rebuild is in order needing more than tender loving care, I basically put the heli in a state of a kit and start it over again.

It is an enjoyable process because it feels like building a new helicopter rather than repairing something, which I hate doing. No more trying to squeeze something in place.

The good part about it is that on a few occasions, I had missed something in my original assessment of the damage and probably saved a futur crash.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
With the fleet I have now, and the dumb thumbs that plague me sometimes, but a lot less now with FBL with rescue, I have gotten into the habit that when a rebuild is in order needing more than tender loving care, I basically put the heli in a state of a kit and start it over again.

It is an enjoyable process because it feels like building a new helicopter rather than repairing something, which I hate doing. No more trying to squeeze something in place.

The good part about it is that on a few occasions, I had missed something in my original assessment of the damage and probably saved a futur crash.
This was Justin pucci's TDR S it was in a minor auto crash broke some links tt bearings and a grip arm from what I see. I am not really a speed guy and this heli has the scorpian ultimate speed frames gears and pinions. All origanal parts come with this so I am going to tear it down to a kit check all bearings shafts and rebuild stock and sell the speed stuff. If any of you are interested in the speed components let me know. I would be up for a trade for other parts for the atock set up. Not trying to market or anything just putting it out there.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post

I also don't like doing repairs. I find they're like rabbit holes. The more you check, the more you "fix." It's very difficult to say that's enough. I probably end up replacing perfectly fine parts. This causes me to sometimes over compensate and try to repair what's minimally possible which can end up in a whole other world of anguish!

I had a "recent" crash on my TDR and so the opportunity does present itself. I'm just paranoid I won't get the torque tube right once I'm reassembling It's either that or reinstall the repaired servo, replace the blown ESC and spin 'er up

Decisions, decisions
Old 04-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also bought one today,

Kit with setup and an extra frame (this one)

http://www.world-of-heli.de/scorpion...rsion-kit.html

This thing looks so amazing! I've already a TDR II and I realy was looking for a I after flying the II, just to have the whole family together :-)

Good luck with it man! You gonna love the Henseleit quality!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Last edited by Joeribar; 04-27-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Joeribar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

congratulations Dave - you got yourself a nice heli. I made the mistake selling my TDR1 in 2012. Lucky me I was able to buy one as 800 stretch version over a year ago. Would not sell this again. Mine is setup as extreme low RPM 3d machine for 800 - 1000 rpm.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm selling my TDR I.

Just in case you guys know of someone interested.
otavon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyht3 View Post
I am very proud to say I am now the owner of the coveted TDR! It has been a dream since 2011 and now I have my hands on quite possibly the best flying R/C heli ever!
Congrats! The TDR is still every bit as current and modern as any other model out there and that's something that cannot be said for many helis that came out in 2009!

I had always wanted one as well and after I got a Kasama Faifa and a Minicopter Triabolo I started to wonder if the TDR wouldn't be somewhat redundant but when a nice 2nd hand one came along I figured I better grab it and just satisfy my curiousity once and for all.

As it turns out, it has a secure place in the 'fleet'. It's lighter than the Minicopter and although it's extremely close to the same weight and dimensions as the Faifa, it still has a great presence in the air and I love the way it flies. I have mine setup for low headspeeds on 12s and built fairly light. It's such an elegantly simply design, looks great, nice visible profile. I almost have to wonder why everyone doesn't have one!
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still want one for my "collection"...some day
Old 06-28-2017, 05:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a TDR 1 for sale in the UK if anyone's interested.
CJS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS4 View Post
I've got a TDR 1 for sale in the UK if anyone's interested.
is it advertised somewhere ?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
is it advertised somewhere ?
No, I haven't advertised it yet. Can give you the details but I guess it could be difficult shipping it anywhere outside UK.
CJS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I keep thinking that I need to replenish the missing pieces on my 2nd kit just to make sure I have the parts on hand.

I'm coming up on 4 years since my last TDR crash. I probably need to consider doing some maintenance on it.

I guess I've gotten lazy. I just pull it out, fly it and put it away and occasionally wipe the bug guts of the blades and canopy.

It's definitely the most reliable heli I've ever owned and I've had it since 2011. It's still usually the heli I'm flying at the airfield too.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I keep thinking that I need to replenish the missing pieces on my 2nd kit just to make sure I have the parts on hand.

I'm coming up on 4 years since my last TDR crash. I probably need to consider doing some maintenance on it.

I guess I've gotten lazy. I just pull it out, fly it and put it away and occasionally wipe the bug guts of the blades and canopy.

It's definitely the most reliable heli I've ever owned and I've had it since 2011. It's still usually the heli I'm flying at the airfield too.
Thanks Mark! I have read a ton of your posts from when you were asking about TDR to now a very knowledgeable TDR owner and have found them all very helpful. I just need a tail input shaft and I will be getting my turn at the coveted TDR! I doubt I can go 4 years without a crash but it is nice to hear the longevity of this heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in