Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfire SVT View Post
Flew the Blade twice early this morning before the wind got stupid. Then the wind picked up with 20+ mph gusts so the Trex 500 came out.
Nice. I wish I could have got mine up. Lesson learned though. Never leave home without looking at RX voltage, and always carry a spare battery.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to do 6 packs on my sons stock 400 as My DX7 was here friday and I was out of town so I get to pick it up tomorrow. The stock bird was a pain to fly but fun
KOBIJUST is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With winds here gusting to over thirty, I flew the RealFlight 3.5 for what would have been eight to ten batteries..
Got to keep the edge.
Blade 400: Align GP750, DS290G, HS-65MG, CC10A BEC, Align 335 Woodies, Flybar Weights, T-Rex 450 Landing Gear, T-Rex 450 Canopy, Ten 2200mah Zippys, T-Rex Aluminum Case, ($80.00 of spare parts on hand at all times)
Blade mCX BNF:
Stock (No parts needed yet)
RealFlight 3.5: (
Never needs any parts)
Texsky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

heres a vid from today, I need to figure out the settings on this camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F85-ZJ6_zMw
Old 02-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOAH! Big bad machines you got there! Are you piloting them? Nice flying!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no no , I just have the 400. they laughed when they saw the little baby so I didn't even fly while I was there.
here is a couple pics
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z69/y200air/heli/
Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Default excelent day

I flew 3 packs practicing nose in and moving around side in etc yesterday. Today I went up to the school down the road and flew almost a whole back of decent forward flight for the first time! Then some kids came up and freaked me out so I landed and took off. Went back home and did some slow technical flight around trees and stuff in the front yard.

Super day for me! I had a sort of zen moment flying my 3rd (and last pack) where my bunger unclenched and everything sort of felt calm. Did some higher flying, maybe 40 feet up and some circuits around the yard.

I'm finally getting comfortable with this heli. I'm going to go get 8 zippy's and a couple chargers so I can put some serious time in.
johnson.mikep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good job Johnson! Your hooked..... mwahahaha

Was thinking about this earlier today...

What a crying shame that the Blade 400 comes 'RTF' with such a crappy servos and gyro. Can't they at LEAST charge $50 more and have the tail locked in?

I flew a new stock B400 today to test it for a fellow... and he had it set up fine.. and was just stunned by how poorly it flew.. the sloppy hovering... the tail needing constant trimming. Flew my brothers too a month ago.. same thing.. we already put in the 401b and HS65HB's now.

What are they thinking? True.. we all love our blade 400's and they fly nearly as good as any 450... but ONLY after a new gyro and 4 servos.

How sad to scam these all the poor newbies who don't know any better and don't know about the forums etc.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Good job Johnson! Your hooked..... mwahahaha

Was thinking about this earlier today...

What a crying shame that the Blade 400 comes 'RTF' with such a crappy servos and gyro. Can't they at LEAST charge $50 more and have the tail locked in?

I flew a new stock B400 today to test it for a fellow... and he had it set up fine.. and was just stunned by how poorly it flew.. the sloppy hovering... the tail needing constant trimming. Flew my brothers too a month ago.. same thing.. we already put in the 401b and HS65HB's now.

What are they thinking? True.. we all love our blade 400's and they fly nearly as good as any 450... but ONLY after a new gyro and 4 servos.

How sad to scam these all the poor newbies who don't know any better and don't know about the forums etc.
Truth be told I didn't know it was that bad. I've only flown my CX2, B400 and MCX. I figured the constant trimming and correcting the tail was part of the game :-p

I was doing piro's yesterday and today too. Just sort of testing my reflexes. I did notice the heli drop when going in one direction, and twist quite a bit if I jam on the throttle for a second. Would a new gyro and servo's do much for that?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade~400~er View Post
sokals alot like that.....he had a motor problem yesterdy that made me and mr2kii both cringe but he kept pushing it...we never did figure out why the scorpion wasnt playing nicely yesterday
I think Sokal finally figured it out... He put back on his previous motor, and guess what...did the same and WORSE. So at least we know it had nothing to do with the scorpion motor. Rather the new tail shaft... (I think he was noting insufficient rotor pitch throw.) Heck, either that or the tail belt gear ratio...

I looked over the pics & video of us flyin...and you could hear the wind coming and going...it just wouldn't play fair! I'll have something put together for everyone to see tommorrow...

...all I can say is having that many heli's in one spot, all laid out...was freakin' cool! (Mine has the trainers, everyone recognizes Blade~400~er's in the middle, Sokals new work of art at the end.) (Heh heh, when he put the scorpion motor on, the heli puked it's guts out.hee hee)

Those Thunder Power blades looked sweeeeet.
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

ummm?

nope

Cheers
Brian T
rz500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson.mikep View Post

I was doing piro's yesterday and today too. Just sort of testing my reflexes. I did notice the heli drop when going in one direction, and twist quite a bit if I jam on the throttle for a second. Would a new gyro and servo's do much for that?
I like to play with piro's as well, and the heli will naturally drop in one direction, and climb in another, unless you manage throttle right. The reason is this: (Correct me Sokal if I restate what you taught me incorrectly) When the body of the heli moves with the blades (CW Piro), there is less lift, due to the blades spinning SLOWER in relation to the body. Soooo...she sinks. When you do a CCW Piro, the blades move faster over the body, and produces MORE lift...thus she climbs...

I've learned to just add or take away throttle whenever I'm moving the rudder...which I do quite often on the stock blade. (I'm used to it though, but it's another task you have to be thinking about).

A new gyro and better tail servo is gonna really help those throttle transitions...never completely gone, but much more manageable.
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
heres a vid from today, I need to figure out the settings on this camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F85-ZJ6_zMw
man nothing beats the sound of a high powered nitro bird
Blade~400~er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used to have issues doing piro's. I would climb or drop a ton. It was due to the way I was holding the stick . I would push/pull the stick on an angle
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mkii View Post
I like to play with piro's as well, and the heli will naturally drop in one direction, and climb in another, unless you manage throttle right. The reason is this: (Correct me Sokal if I restate what you taught me incorrectly) When the body of the heli moves with the blades (CW Piro), there is less lift, due to the blades spinning SLOWER in relation to the body. Soooo...she sinks. When you do a CCW Piro, the blades move faster over the body, and produces MORE lift...thus she climbs...

I've learned to just add or take away throttle whenever I'm moving the rudder...which I do quite often on the stock blade. (I'm used to it though, but it's another task you have to be thinking about).

A new gyro and better tail servo is gonna really help those throttle transitions...never completely gone, but much more manageable.
I figured it was something like that. Thanks for the info! I see you around here all the time. How long have you been flying?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I used to have issues doing piro's. I would climb or drop a ton. It was due to the way I was holding the stick . I would push/pull the stick on an angle
You know that may be some of my problem for sure. I use just my thumbs on the sticks and I'm sure I'm probably dragging the throttle up or down while hitting the rudder. Maybe I should change the pinch grip. I need to get a neck strap though.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson.mikep View Post
You know that may be some of my problem for sure. I use just my thumbs on the sticks and I'm sure I'm probably dragging the throttle up or down while hitting the rudder. Maybe I should change the pinch grip. I need to get a neck strap though.
I didn't even notice it. I was having issues so my buddy watched the TX and told me what I was doing.
I can't fly the 400 without a strap.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't even notice it. I was having issues so my buddy watched the TX and told me what I was doing.
I can't fly the 400 without a strap.
Time for a strap I guess! Don't want to thread jack, but anybody got a favorite they couldn't do without?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beautiful Day Here..

I got 2 minutes on one battery today..It was a perfect day today little to no wind and, clear skies.. I was doing real good for the first minute and a half.. Then she dropped into the treeline and I got disoriented.. Anyways my baby took a dirt bath.. Got to get a better Gyro..
My Fiance saw it all. She asked me what happened.. I blamed it on the stock gryo..It was really pilot error but she don't know that.. Setting her up to justify the new gryo purchase.. It worked!!
Helihangover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

G401b holds as good as the GY401! $35!!! It's the BEST thing you could do for your heli.. followed by HS65HB/MG servos. Makes it feel so solid you wouldn't believe it.

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in