Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any reason *not* to use Futaba BLS172 with 700/800 size helis?

I have a few spare BLS172s that I was going to use in a future plank project and noticed some folks are using them in helis. I was just about to buy a set of BLS273 cyclic servos, so I thought I'd ask whether there is a downside to using the BLS172s. Thanks in advance.
dubd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run them in my Banshee , they are one of the best cyclic servos on the market IMO (originally designed for RC cars), they are a little power hungry , when i ran them with a Kontronik HJ120 i needed a Nimh 800mah buffer pack , was getting some abnormal voltage drops , with the kosmik there was no need , my suggestion is that if you are not using them with a Kosmik then please use some sort of buffer pack ,

very nice feel to them good speed and not lacking in torque ,strong as an ox
Fasster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on using a 2s 2500 mah lipo.
dubd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasster View Post
I run them in my Banshee , they are one of the best cyclic servos on the market IMO (originally designed for RC cars), they are a little power hungry , when i ran them with a Kontronik HJ120 i needed a Nimh 800mah buffer pack , was getting some abnormal voltage drops , with the kosmik there was no need , my suggestion is that if you are not using them with a Kosmik then please use some sort of buffer pack ,

very nice feel to them good speed and not lacking in torque ,strong as an ox
Dear Fasster,

I saw your other posts on your forza700 setup using bls172. Following your setup, I just ordered 3 bls172s your to be used on my stretched forza800. It had 3 bls253s before with no problems. I transferred those 253s to my JR E12.

May I ask after 2 years, anything wrong with your 172? cable or circuit board aging? gear slack and free play? loss of torque? abnormal noise?

Do you suggest any maintenance? adding lube? send in to dealer to maintain?

Many thanks.

Xu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in