Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Confirmed. I have one fresh out of the msh41096 bag...52.55mm

I was hoping we were seeing some new production, but I don't see any follow-thru product yet. Only one left now at Helidigital France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
Not fresh out of package but my FBL spindle measured 52.64mm.

Last edited by FNFAL; 02-25-2017 at 10:03 AM..
FNFAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, Helidigital has excellent service. Only one week to the US, and they take PayPal. Same with FastLad.

The last remaining spindle will be something like $10 shipped.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I managed to get a whopping 1 fbl spindle from MSH USA by asking if they were going to get any back in stock..lol

Said they were expecting a shipment from MSH then Jennifer emailed me when the shipment arrived and set it aside for me.

Hoping a bunch of other people did the same thing before me and they didn't receive one measly spindle for the Mini cause that would be a good sign that parts support is drying up for it.

$8.89 shipped to my door. Fantastic service since I ordered it Wednesday and it's scheduled for delivery on Saturday. Damn good for a $6, 1 part order.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good to know. Even if the flow of Parts is only a trickle I'll take it!

LOL... I just bought this thing and then I found out there was some parts shortages. Started to panic, but now I feel confident I've got enough.

This is sop for me as I wait to buy the helicopters when they get more affordable. But then they get long in the tooth and it's always a challenge.

Model turnover in this hobby is just astonishing.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
That's good to know. Even if the flow of Parts is only a trickle I'll take it!

LOL... I just bought this thing and then I found out there was some parts shortages. Started to panic, but now I feel confident I've got enough.

This is sop for me as I wait to buy the helicopters when they get more affordable. But then they get long in the tooth and it's always a challenge.

Model turnover in this hobby is just astonishing.
MSH is a lot better than most when it comes to long term parts support. Good chance they'll do another run of spindles ect. If enough people ask. They might even make more regardless or did make more but everyone preordered 10 of them so they were sold before they even made them.

For its age the Mini Protos is still fairly popular.

I just picked up another airframe with a stack of stock and Lynx spares so I'm prepared in case they don't make anymore. Everything but the spindles are still fairly easy to find right now so I'm not too concerned....yet..lol
Old 03-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had high altitude power failure, looking for spindle shaft.
cool cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like more came in (10pcs) - good service too.

http://www.helidigital.com/shop/lang...indle-kit.html

Then you could always wait to see if MSH USA gets allocated any. But the above is not too much more and about 1 wk shipping.

Last edited by FNFAL; 03-16-2017 at 05:11 PM..
Old 03-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks FNFAL. will look into shipping costs, etc and see. thanks again!!

Has anyone checked other makes models for a similar size fit spindle?

Or maybe a different head to run that uses a easier to attain spindle shaft?
Old 03-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a tarot head from different 450, checked its spindle shaft and its only a couple mm longer than mini p. I used the spacers off the tarot next to dampers, it fits.
Plus I have like 6 on hand.
Anyone else ever try other make model spindle?
Old 03-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not yet. Still have a couple spindles for the flybarred head that are a hair shorter than the fbl laying around. Have a spare head assembly I'll rig up to use those when the time comes.

The linkage seems to line up fine with them but they're a little tight on the dampers. Sure it'll be pretty easy to make work, although I may just find some spindles that are a little too long and cut them to length instead of messing with ones that are too short so I'd have to alter other parts.

Hopefully MSH USA gets more in stock so we don't have to rig shite every time we need a spindle.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO, I'm thinking $10 for the correct spindle (as mentioned above) is not such a bad deal, but when and if there are no more to be had, perhaps the best things to do (from a cursory look) is to go with the shorter FB spindle (more available) and then go with a more narrow 4x8x2 radial bearing outboard on the grip and then triple-up on the thrust bearing spacer. That leave about two tenths a millimeter overall to make up axially with those shims they included with the dampers.

BTW, LTHW, you need to convert one of those 40s to a 357Sig...loved my G32 for CCW the last 9 years. Necked and thicker case for better feed/eject and loaded to higher pressures.

Last edited by FNFAL; 03-19-2017 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good news! Looks like MSH USA got in a parts order, cause a handful of part numbers that were out of stock are now in stock.

...and btw, it seems like about the most you can get out of the stock head setup is about 12 col and 10 cyc ....yes?

Last edited by FNFAL; 03-26-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Old 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dampers

Since I cannot edit my earlier post #23, I will have to add here after getting my hands on some FB dampers (msh41003) that the dampers for each FB and FBL seem to be dimensionally the same at ~6.8mm width. However the FBL version does seem to be a little more hard, but I do not have a durometer to exactly measure.

The spacer on the other hand is different at 1.32mm (FB) width vs 1.88mm (FBL).
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet!!!
Glad they have parts back in stock, that's a big relief. Few spindles, stretch booms and couple stretch belts and I should be set for a looong time.

I keep eyeballing new helis but the Mini is so good I just can't justify buying one. Super smooth, agile and capable of way more than I am. If it ain't broke don't replace it... Lol
Old 04-13-2017, 06:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
Good news! Looks like MSH USA got in a parts order, cause a handful of part numbers that were out of stock are now in stock.

...and btw, it seems like about the most you can get out of the stock head setup is about 12 col and 10 cyc ....yes?
Been a while but I know I could get 13+/- and think I could even get 14° of pitch. 10 cyclic sounds right but I'll check that too when I get some time.

Depends on what servos/horns you use but I'm pretty sure the head can do 14° of pitch.

I was running 13 but cut it back to 12° cause I was getting a little bogging but you should be able to run 13° without any ill effects if you're running a med/low headspeed.

Suppose which fbl you're using could also make a difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in