Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 700N DFC Head phasing / swash interaction

Good Morning all,

Let me start by saying at my skill level this probably isn't a big deal, but I believe a more accurate setup makes up for my lack of skill ( to some extent)

So I am noticing that I cannot get the phase out of my 700N DFC, meaning with the swash level, main blades straight and parallel to the boom if I work the elevator, and only the elevator, the blades move a little. I am running the Bavarian Axon FBL and I can adjust the phase so only the rear blade is moving, and then only a little, but I cannot get it all out. if I work the elevator quickly it will case the blades to start rotating out of parallel.

Does anyone have any (mechanical) suggestions?

In contrast I recently got my hands on a Goblin 700 Carbon edition and doing the same test the blades do not twitch, no matter how fast I work the elevator.

what brought this to my attention is when I do tic tocs with my T-Rex the heli wants to drift left and I have to work to compensate, when I do tic tocs on the goblin I can hold them in place with a lot less effort, and in general they are cleaner. The Goblin also has a Bavarian FBL on it (something about having bailout on a $2,000 heli makes me fly better).

anyway any suggestions (outside of scrap the Trex in favor of the Goblin) are appreciated.
Drivelayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This probably won't be the answer you want but something is clearly wrong in your setup if you're drifting during tic tocs, or it's your fingers putting in unwanted inputs. Maybe increase your deadband, expo, or tighten your spring tension on the sticks.

People have been flying the 700N for nearly a decade, and many use the dfc head on several models and there are no issues, nothing drifts, everything is smooth and precise without the heli doing anything you don't want it to do. I have a dfc head on mine and the heli does only what I tell it to. Dead still in tic tocs.

Something is wrong in the setup, whether your mechanical setup or fbl unit.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default kinda figured it was setup

Thanks TS. I assumed it was something with my setup, I just cannot figure out what. I've checked swash level with a level gauge (guess it could be off), checked throws, tracking, servo arms... I do not run expo, but I don't think I need it because the Goblin doesn't have any expo either and I do not have the drifting issue with it. the only thing I find out of whack is the blades twitch when I give elevator. Again, probably not a big deal at my skill level, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I could help more, but it's hard without seeing the setup and all. The phasing adjustments in FBL units should normally not be touched, it's usually only something you adjust if you're using a multi blade head for scale stuff (2-3 blades usually don't need anything changed).

Make sure you didn't accidentally bump any trims on your transmitter that could be putting in constant unwanted inputs. Make sure the swash is level not only at center, but also at full positive and negative collective. Increase the deadband in the FBL unit if possible (most can). Increase cyclic gain. I'm not sure what else to check
Old 08-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah it seems like a tough think to track down. Point if clarification, it only drifts in a tic tic, not in hover or inverted hover. That's why I think it's the phasing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in