Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lol Dan. You butthead. I'm a whopping 37
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very good point about family, my kids are grown. But those years are so important,way more important than anything else. So my hats off to you. Raise those kids, the world needs a well grounded next generation more than a RC Heli podcast.

I'll miss listening in on your doings and tips and advice. But like was said before it's not like you all are leaving the hobby, or forums etc.. See you around guys.

chuck
Chuck Bole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hahaha
Dank weed

Dan K Reed

Thats funny shit right there bu
---MSH PROTOS EVO 380---
JANtoolMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I Think I'm going to make the drive to the next RCHN Funfly . All of you guys better make it . I really just want to meet you all in person,You all sound like a fun bunch. hell, feels like we been hanging out every week for awhile now. From your warm weather dick friend in so-cal LOL
Old 01-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm hoping we may see more of you guys on the forum poking around now that the podcast is over

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't know there was a discord channel!

Is it active ?
Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hate to see you guys go for now.

Even though I only found you guys on the podcast a few months ago I've listened to every single episode. There for about two months straight it was 2 or 3 episodes a day. You guys really taught me a lot about helis, I was learning on my own or trying to pick up from out at the field. Out here there is only one other heli pilot and i try to learn everything i can from him when time allows. I could hang out with you guys anytime, it was awesome. I really appreciate all you have brought to the hobby and everyone involved. Hope to see you around on facebook and on here from time to time. i haven't listened to the last episode yet (partially in denial) but it was sort of in the back of my mind this could be happening. The toll that life takes on all of us is catching up with you guys which is the way it goes. Take care of your families and Jesse let us know when your little one gets here and how things go. Even though I haven't met you guys yet it feels like your family and the podcast was like the weekly get together. God bless you all and take care for now.
Trex 700 DFC Helibug gasser B.H. Hanson modified 300maxx engine and BD 3SX
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found this not too long ago. A Dan moment step 1
https://youtu.be/Eo6RhDyb3Yw?t=26
Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
I'm hoping we may see more of you guys on the forum poking around now that the podcast is over
I very much so plan on it
Old 01-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankreed View Post
I didn't know there was a discord channel!

Is it active ?
The activity comes and goes, it's pretty small but it's nice because everybody knows everybody if you know what I mean.

I would love for you guys to drop in! I can give you all admin rights if you decide to.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post
Yesssssssssssssss!!! What an unanticipated-yet-fantastic silver lining!
Did those cheep skates ever pay you your bag of pennies or did they talk you in to retirement so you would forget.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakboy69 View Post
Did those cheep skates ever pay you your bag of pennies or did they talk you in to retirement so you would forget.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I've got his right here. I'll make sure and give them too him here very soon.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still processing all of this news as I just learned about it a few minutes ago. I'm pretty new to all this RCHN stuff and had been making my way up through all of the episodes. I was listening to 6-12 episodes a week to get caught up and was on Episode 214 today.

Haven't listened to the last episode yet and may wait until I get to it naturally through the remaining episodes.

Just wanted to say that I have learned, laughed, and loved every episode thus far. It has made my love for the hobby, and all the people involved, much stronger and more enjoyable in almost every way I can imagine.

Your dedication and sacrifice to the Podcast, and the heli community, is astounding. There is no free lunch and I'm sure that you all sacrificed tremendously. I work to live, I don't live to work. I completely empathize and sympathize with your decision and wish you and your families all the best.

Thank you all! You've made one hell of an impact in my life.

Dan,
Hope you enjoy your VControl and your two Goblin Gassers (was on that episode today.) Oh, did your cat ever crap Gold??

Looking forward to the remaining episodes and will certainly try to make it up to the NW for the FF.

Citizen 821

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, not happy about this…..
Sure I’m being selfish, but I will miss my weekly dose of heli info and good humor. You guys do, did a spectacular show! My sincerest thanks for the time and effort you guys put in. You will be missed!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

A sincere thank you to all of guys for all your personal sacrifices and for the absolutely awesome podcast. I have listened since RCHN 1 - the podcast has played a pivotal role in the hobby for me and taught me a lot of what I know about helis and the hobby ... Citizen 413, Sydney Australia

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
RSeeG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like Saje and others have said, it was part of Monday and getting back into the work week. It usually took me a couple of days to get through and by then it was Wednesday and close enough to know in a couple of days the next episode was being produced.

I fly totally alone for my first year, 2014. Then I got into a wonderful club with mostly fixed wing but still a few heli pilots. One of the guys got me started on RCHN and I really looked forward to the weekly podcasts.

I have to say, I didn't see this coming at all. The crew seemed to look forward to doing the show each week. On the other hand I certainly understand. As Jesse put it, turn the page.

But your thoughts will soon be wandering
The way they always do
When you're ridin' sixteen hours
And there's nothin' much to do
And you don't feel much like ridin',
You just wish the trip was through

Good luck guys. We will miss you. I'm going to keep my "700" in my signature. 700 pounds of luck thanks to your awesome show and encouragement.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

We will miss your show guys! I used to listen to your episodes each morning on my way to work. You surely taught me a lot about this hobby. I wish all of you guys the best in your personal lives!
jonathancassar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much for all you have done.

Hopefully you can keep the archive up for a while, because it's still a valuable resource for new entrants to the hobby, even if there won't be any new episodes.

Gaui X3/Gaui X5/Goblin 570 KSE/Goblin 630C/Thunder Tiger Raptor 50
Citizen 717
ian.newson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've gone thru a mirage of emotions since I heard the news.

You guys absolutely saved my sanity this election season since I had a couple of hundred episodes to listen to while communting instead of listening to talk radio.

What are the chances you guys will be back in time to provide the same alternative before the next election cycle.

Thanks for all you've done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in