Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Lubeman, I use a DX9 with throttle hold on the A switch. Button I is used for bail out.
crsorrell0653 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsorrell0653 View Post
Hi Lubeman, I use a DX9 with throttle hold on the A switch. Button I is used for bail out.
Ok perfect that's what I have mine setup on as well(DX9) but TH for me is switch H and your A so, I recommend you setup TC on switch H

1) System setup-channel assign-channel input config Aux3=H
2) Model setup-throttle cut-position -100/switch/switch-H first position box open second box highlighted for active TC

Look at the monitor when you flip the switch away from you should show assigned throttle output, switch towards you -100 for ESC arm and softstart. I then assigned voice alerts, Armed= "gyro initialized" Disarmed= "Motor off"

Then you will set you TH % per the posts above to bailout.

Good luck!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am using the bind button for bail out on my 7210bx.
Ok, use any other switch you feel comfortable with.

Quote:
... but am not quite sure what the esc arming requirements are.
Very low input value on the throttle channel: -124 for the 270. The 360 Trio manual suggests -130. The ESC is armed when you hear the short melody after initializing.

Quote:
I don't have a 0 position in N mode as I have always used a flat 30% curve, and it seems to fly no matter where the stick is set when I throw throttle hold. In fact it arms and flys in any mode.
No 0 in N is fine. Your ESC arms in any mode, because you have set you throttle hold at 0 (and not at 10, pls. refer to my previous post). However, this is the reason why the quick recovery autorotation feature of your ESC does not work.

You need two "motor off" positions. One very low position to arm the ESC & following soft start and another slightly higher position for quick autorotation recovery. Your set-up appears to miss the last one.

That's why we differentiate between throttle cut and throttle hold and program different values behind, e.g. -124 for T/C and -99 for T/H (realized by a value of flat 10 in the throttle curve menu). The ESC translates those throttle values to its two different spool-up rates (initial spool-up and head speed change).
Old 05-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try and work through this and let you know what happens, thanks again for your time and help

Tags
blade 270cfx, spektrum dx6i, spektrum dx8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in