Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 01-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Default Introducing BumpCharger.com

We received so much interest and positive feedback from my BumpController-based RIDGID charger case setup (and stackable mobile storage), that we decided to start a small family business to meet the need ....

http://bumpcharger.com

Our mission is to offer practical, affordable charger setups and I think you'll see that reflected in the features and pricing. Our overhead and margins are very low - this business is about promoting Revolectrix products and teaching my 3 sons valuable skills and life lessons, not about making money.

I will be overseeing all aspects of engineering and running the business side, but the majority of the CNC/design and build labor will be provided by my sons ... who are becoming experienced builders, but luckily still work at teenage rates :^)

As you might imagine, we are only designing cases for Revolectrix products, and more specifically, using the BumpController as the user interface.

We will do custom design and CNC work if it falls into the realm of installing Revolectrix products into these RIDGID cases, but that's all we can handle, at least for now.

I'm honestly a little concerned about getting overwhelmed with orders and questions and being able to keep up with demand, so any general discussion here on this thread would be great, but if you are interested in a charger setup and have specific design questions, please use the CONTACT US link on the website to make sure we can keep track of the conversations.

Thanks for giving us a look - my boys are really excited to get started.
-RevoKelly
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
mkovalcson
Registered Users

Looks very good!

There should be a lot of interest in these!

I know my only reason for designing and building my charging towers was that there wasn't a good off the shelf solution.

I hope in some small way I might have nudged this idea forward!

I really like your overall solution.

It allows the battery storage of my original Charging Tower with wheels etc.., but avoids the hernia side of that equation by using stackable sections. The integration of the charging boxes looks very nice as well and certainly easy enough to put in the car while offering more protection from being knocked around and the elements. The individual dual PL8 boxes make a lot of sense and are probably just about perfect for most people.

Very well done!!!!!
mkovalcson is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
RevoKelly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, Mark.

One thing's for certain - one size does not fit all when it comes to charger cases. Our case certainly wouldn't meet your design requirements

However, it sounds like there's quite a few folks with similar requirements to me, so hopefully we can hook them up with a nice setup.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #4
Racer686
Registered Users

This looks really good. What type of power supply are you using in the case? Does it need two power cords to achieve 24v? Do you have pix of the components installed under the deck? How are the PS and charger attached to the case?
Sorry for the many questions, but I'm really interested in buying one to save me the hassle.
Thanks.
Racer686 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #5
Racer686
Registered Users

What would be cool also, in the same line of thinking of theDigital Voltmeter would be a digital temp readout for the case under the deck.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #6
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686 View Post
This looks really good. What type of power supply are you using in the case? Does it need two power cords to achieve 24v? Do you have pix of the components installed under the deck? How are the PS and charger attached to the case?
Sorry for the many questions, but I'm really interested in buying one to save me the hassle.
Thanks.
It is a pair of DPS1200FB-based supplies. You can see the details under Charger Components -> Power Supplies. M4 standoff mounted.
Single power cord - we do an internal Y cable and full 20A C19/C20 power socket and cable. I'll get some pics posted ASAP.
PL uses adhesive velcro to keep it from sliding and screw-mounted velcro straps for hold downs.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
RevoKelly
Registered Users

The Bump Controller shows its temp as well as the PL temps, so wasn't sure if folks would want one. I'll see what I can find to add as an option.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:11 AM   #8
Racer686
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. Since there are two fans, is one drawing air in and the other expelling hot air out?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #9
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer686 View Post
Thanks for the info. Since there are two fans, is one drawing air in and the other expelling hot air out?
Both fans are intake and exhaust air is in the rear, through the text/vent area. This gave it the most optimum cooling path for both the power supplies and the Powerlabs.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #10
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Default Empty Charger Case option

Just a heads-up that I added an empty charger case option to the website. We had a couple guys who wanted to use there own electronics (power supplies, accessories, jacks, wiring) but didn't want the hassle of finishing out the lid area for storage, or drilling the Deck mounts.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
NSFlyer12
Registered Users

Site lookin good and the cases look great!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #12
Racer686
Registered Users

Customer support with Kelly has been great. USPS was rough I guess with the box and the nylon screws holding the power supplies sheared and the PS's were floating free in the case. Instead of just sending new nylon hardware and having me tear apart the PS's to install them, Kelly sent two new PS's with the hardware installed. They arrived today and are installed. Now I just need the Bump Controller to show up, shipped over a week ago, and no USPS updates since Jan 30th. If only USPS was as good as Kelly!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #13
ShaneXman
Registered Users

In talks with Kelly to buy a complete setup. Great idea here, and I can't wait to receive my case!

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #14
cnk
Registered Users

Your standard feature list states "Pair of Red Quad-LED 80mm Case Fans with BumpTag center and EC-3 power connector". Is that correct? Shouldn't that be an EC-5 since the chargers and bump controller use EC-5?
cnk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk View Post
Your standard feature list states "Pair of Red Quad-LED 80mm Case Fans with BumpTag center and EC-3 power connector". Is that correct? Shouldn't that be an EC-5 since the chargers and bump controller use EC-5?
No that is correct. We use an EC-3 power connector for powering the 12v fans and lights on the deck to prevent it from accidentally getting connected to the main 24v EC-5 connectors for Bump and chargers.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #16
Snowflake6515
Registered Users

Default Rather Nice Case

After going through a couple of iterations of cases/PL8 (and DPL8) etc., I decided to try one of the BumpCharger.com cases, but with my DPL8 and Bump Controller.

First rate and better than I could cut holes in the deck/case. So far, the DPL8 units are running lower temperatures than the BC, but the fans are quiet and the red LED lighting is a nice touch.

The only thing I would like to see is to extend the BC USB port to the outside of the case for BC updates. I had to unscrew the deck in order to get the USB cable inserted as I do not use an Android device, so no Bluetooth update, for me.

I highly recommend considering the options and Kelly will work with you; support is second to none.

Michael
Old 02-08-2016, 03:35 PM   #17
cnk
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
No that is correct. We use an EC-3 power connector for powering the 12v fans and lights on the deck to prevent it from accidentally getting connected to the main 24v EC-5 connectors for Bump and chargers.
Ah ok. I was reading that line to mean that all the connectors were EC-3. Thanks for the clarification.
cnk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #18
Thorvald
Registered Users

Do you have a deck design yet for a single PL8 and a single Safe Parallel board?

I found that we can now get the proper 22" Rigid case from Home Depot in Canada so that saves some killer shipping. Now can just order a deck etc.

Cheers
RCHN #63 C.W.B
Thorvald is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
Do you have a deck design yet for a single PL8 and a single Safe Parallel board?

I found that we can now get the proper 22" Rigid case from Home Depot in Canada so that saves some killer shipping. Now can just order a deck etc.

Cheers
Sorry, missed this post. I've been meaning to add that as an option - which parallel board - MPA ? I'll add what you're looking for so you can order, then add other board types as I get time.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #20
Thorvald
Registered Users

Thanks again Kelly, great chatting with you.

Looking forward to building my case!

Cheers
Tim
RCHN #63 C.W.B
Thorvald is online now        Reply With Quote