Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 06-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
shadco
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Bump Tags and 12S stick packs

If you aren't going to parallel charge but instead charge each pack off of a different PowerLab do you use 1 or 2 Bump Tags?

Old 06-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
gbrockway
Registered Users

I parrallel charge mine from one PL8. Then it is one bump tag.

I think you would use 2 bump tags.
gbrockway is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

I originally put 1 tag per 12 or 14S packs.

But I am going to redo things and start to use 2 tags per pack just for the reason I do not parallel charge all the time.

I like to do the packs seperate when I can just to get an idea of the health of the individual packs on their own.

I am sure alot if us have wasted our share of Bump tags changing our mind how we want to do things as we learn more about the Bump and as it quickly evolves. But they are pretty cheap.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post
I originally put 1 tag per 12 or 14S packs.

But I am going to redo things and start to use 2 tags per pack just for the reason I do not parallel charge all the time.

I like to do the packs seperate when I can just to get an idea of the health of the individual packs on their own.

I am sure alot if us have wasted our share of Bump tags changing our mind how we want to do things as we learn more about the Bump and as it quickly evolves. But they are pretty cheap.
Refer to the manual for more details, but here is the real decision point :
Are those 2 packs always charged and used as a single pack ?
If yes, then it may be better to use a single BumpTag and setup as a 12S (26S). When you Bump that multi-pack tag, it will ask if u want to charge in parallel or on separate chargers so you can choose either way
And of course you only have to Bump one tag, typically located on the open end of a 700 pack and don't need to add a 2nd tag in a less convenient location (like the wire leads end) . This multi-pack feature ties the history of those 2 packs together, so it pretty much looks like a single 12s pack from a reporting/history perspective which is more convenient.
However, if you sometimes split those packs and use them separately (example, splitting 700 packs to fly in a 550), then you need to tag them separately since they will get charged/used separately.
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
HEXAHYDRATE
Registered Users

Right I forgot I had the option to choose parallel or not even with 1 tag sorry. I will stick with the 1 tag on 12 and 14S as they are never seperate.

I admit I have not played with the Bump enough and am way behind on firmware. It one of those things I look forward to getting into as soon as I find the time.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #6
shadco
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Refer to the manual for more details, but here is the real decision point :
Are those 2 packs always charged and used as a single pack ?
If yes, then it may be better to use a single BumpTag and setup as a 12S (26S). When you Bump that multi-pack tag, it will ask if u want to charge in parallel or on separate chargers so you can choose either way
And of course you only have to Bump one tag, typically located on the open end of a 700 pack and don't need to add a 2nd tag in a less convenient location (like the wire leads end) . This multi-pack feature ties the history of those 2 packs together, so it pretty much looks like a single 12s pack from a reporting/history perspective which is more convenient.
However, if you sometimes split those packs and use them separately (example, splitting 700 packs to fly in a 550), then you need to tag them separately since they will get charged/used separately.

Thanks

Yes it's a stick pack but I charge on separate chargers.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
3D Dave
Registered Users

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway since I'm finally ready to program my (2) 6s 5000mAh packs that make up a flight pack.

They are on a tray so they will always be charged together (unless I taco one at some point and then the survivor becomes a single pack for my Logo 500.

I do NOT parallel charge them, however they are always charged together using both channels of the DPL8.

If I use one bump tag but charge separately on the DPL8, will 2 different battery condition graphs be created and updated since I'm using both sides of the charger independently?

I would just like to know if one (or more) cells in a pack starts to go bad.

I don't really need cycle history as I use the Mikado V-Control and current sensor and Vbar Control flight analyser to chart my overall batt history.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by 3D Dave; 04-08-2017 at 06:10 PM..
3D Dave is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #8
RevoKelly
Registered Users

2 separate graphs will get created, but Bump and CCS app knows that it is packs 1 and 2 of that 12S pack, so all history gets saved and presented as a single operation which contains 2 separate graphs - one for each charger.
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #9
3D Dave
Registered Users

Awesome! Thanks Kelly!