Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HH Metal Gears are Junk

I read where most of you guys had good luck with the HH tail gears. I must have gotten the worst set they made. Ate up 2 tailbox bearing using them. mesh is terrible. Would love a refund. C,mon Luka get those Lynx gears to us. HH should of just had lynx build these 130's. Oh wait but then we'd have nothing to talk about cause they would just work.
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HH Metal Gears are Junk

My c is fine the d has a little rotation cause of slop. But it flies and keeps on going. I can live with some tail slop right now.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Mine are working perfectly. helicopter flies better then it ever has before.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you got a bad set because most ppl have much success with theirs. Why don't you just call HH and get a replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman425 View Post
I read where most of you guys had good luck with the HH tail gears. I must have gotten the worst set they made. Ate up 2 tailbox bearing using them. mesh is terrible. Would love a refund. C,mon Luka get those Lynx gears to us. HH should of just had lynx build these 130's. Oh wait but then we'd have nothing to talk about cause they would just work.
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony777 View Post
Sounds like you got a bad set because most ppl have much success with theirs. Why don't you just call HH and get a replacement?
Because they are out of stock until may

Synergy E7

MSH Mini Prtos FBL Stretch 6s
MSH Prtos CF FBL Sretch
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: HH Metal Gears are Junk

Yea you are not the only one. I am guessing the reason they are back ordered until may is due to qc issues. There are quite a few guys on here who have had problems with them.

The set I got are completely unusable. The C gear wobbles so bad on the TT it binds up. Its not the TT either because I have tried 4 different ones. The D gear I got is so bad I can't even get it on the tail shaft and I tried both tail shafts I have it isn't even close to going on. Sent HH an email we will see what they say.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Went back to my Extreeme set which is really sloppy now and was able to get some flights on it. I did find something ironic when I went back to them. I'm running an RHK tailbox that clamps onto the boom like most do. Made some length adjustments trying to get HH gears to work and forgot to tighten Tailbox back down. When I put it in the air is was the quietest it has ever been. Possbily overtightening tha tailbox is not good. Landed it and just snugged them up a bit. So far, sloppy and all I got 6 more flights out of it.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a reply from HH about the gears. They are going to ship me a new set as soon as they become available. Sucks it wont be for awhile but hey at least they are replacing them.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

too bad blade parts/helis quality isnt as good as their customer service.
Guess if you sell poor quality you need to have a good service department or a lot of customers wouldnt return.
bullitt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony777 View Post
I got two bad sets. I emailed HH last Sunday evening. I'm hoping I hear back by end of tomorrow as their website says expect to wait 3 to 5 days. I know they don't have any replacement gears so I'm prepared to wait.

I should have waited for Lynx gears. Thats was what I was doing.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sucks. I have had mine for a couple weeks now and my heli has never flown better. I put an HP08s in last week and the metal gears are flawless so far with the more powerful motor. I put a couple drops of tri flow an them every 10 flights or so to keep them from wearing out. I guess I just got one of the good sets. I hope your replacement set is a lot better man.

Sent from my ......... who really cares, its a phone.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Destroying bearings in my experience is from having a bad enough resonance issue, not from gear mesh. The main part that was causing my resonance was the tail shaft with a hub that was not square to it. The mesh on the HH metal gears was tight at first, so tight I couldn't turn the main rotorhead by hand with a force I was comfortable applying to it. But the motor spun it no problem and everything was perfectly broken in by the end of the second flight. The gears are a little noisy, which was to be expected, but other than that they are working great for me. So far.
marc8090 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found mine to have a really tight lash and the c was loose on the TT shaft. I machined .010 off the forward surface to get the gear closer to the front. That made for a much better lash and it kept it from rubbing on the tail box bearing. It now flies smooth with no gear wine.
boat55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.