Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftermickh View Post
I got to agree with Pete. Not that I would tell anyone what to buy.
Once flying, the 200SRX is a fun bird. But start out cheap and small.
I use a V911 here in the house. Bad weather keeps me flying and
always learning. The 911 is a fun bird for in the house. Just my
opinion here. Start cheap and stay cheap till you can fly without
having an expensive crash. And, you will crash...

Drifter...
I will also third that comment... I have the 200 srx its a fun bird but if I did it over I would go to the nano's first. Then go up to a cp 230 or something else. The 200 srx is an awesome bird just lacks climbing power which can get you into issues. I crashed mine recently very lightly only because it was going with the wind and dropped like a rock. I couldn't pull it up at all to keep it from crashing and at the end had to just give up and drop the throttle. These are better if you can find the 8 degree blades, set the head speed up, and maybe the higher tooth pinion. Then you are talking about a very fast fixed pitch bird that can really get you into trouble starting out.

I would also agree with muscle memory issue as well. Since these self level flying collective pitch becomes a completely different challenge. I am sort to the point where I wonder if using "safe" is the best route to go. It helps level things out but the way you fly is completely different. You might be better off with a self level button and collective pitch more.

Also purchased one recently for a roommate because I couldn't talk him into the nano. He had such a hard time even hovering this thing. I am afraid he will be paying tons for parts. Swallow some pride get a nano and crash it tons . I know I crash mine everyday and it has yet to cost me a dime.
utahsaint is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 03:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up My 2 Cents Worth

I am a planker with only 12 months planking experience - mainly 3d flying. I decided to get a heli on a whim without any prior quad or heli experience.

1/ A 200 SRX was a great choice as a first heli. Safe just makes it easy. Takeoff - put in beginner mode. Get some altitude and go to advance. Muck around for 8-10 minutes, Put it back to beginner mode and land. Never used the panic button as flicking to beginner seems to do the same thing.

2/ At the right price a 230 S may be a better choice. But a 200 SRX is being sold out here BNF for $149 AUD ( $110 USD) and a 230 S is at least 2-3 times the price. I think they are getting rid of stock of the 200 SRX for the newer 200 S. Which seems to be more expensive than a 230 S

3/ I've crashed it twice so far and broken nothing.

4/ It's piss easy to hover. Plenty of time to scratch your nose or anything else.

5/ I only fly it outside as even though it's small it feels big inside a house.
In summary. It's for the price.
CrashAndBash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just flew mine pretty good in advanced mode. I'm learning full CP on my 230s, but my 200srx/s(I've installed 200s metal gear servos) is a blast and actually stays at an even altitude better than the 230, but the 230 is more capable and is more advanced. Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you tell me what you had to do to get the 200s metal gear servos installed on the 200 SRX? I'm looking for better servos / gears than the stock ones. Starting to think I should have done more research and just gotten the 200s...
sirgilbert357 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2021, 04:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I don't think that the 200 is a bad choice, necessarily. It's capability is pretty high for a FP heli...can be flipped and rolled. It does however, have some issues that you need to work through eventually. One is the ESC/tail issue. You can find plenty of reading on the forum about that. Fairly easy to fix, but something you have to do nonetheless. And then there is the relays. They can be damaged with just the slightest impact. Easy to rebuild for $4-5, but still a pain in the butt to deal with. There are some aftermarket ones that can be put in to alleviate the issue, but some modification has to be made. Overall, not a bad heli. Will be miles difference over any coax.
10 Best Paintball Gun Regulators June 2021
There is the 230s option. I know it is CP, but with safe and stability mode mine flies almost like my 200 and out of stability it hovers just as well as my 200 and I am in no way very experienced at CP helis. The size and frame are nearly the same and they even share a few components. For nearly the same cost, and none of the mentioned issues of the 200, I personally think that the 230s is a better place to start. Skip right over micro CPs and go to this, you'll be thankful you did. This would be my choice.
Wow your right about the 230s and price, only 30$. If I do decide to go this route with a 230s what can I expect?
tfhf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in