Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just want to check, are your motors extremely hot at the end of each flight? Mine are and this happens with both my motors. Unless a more powerful 4S motor becomes available, I intend to drop back to 3S but use a more powerful motor than that on the 180 CFX.

If you have flown the Blade 130 S or the XK 130 recently, I would understand why you don't like DD tails. But this current crop is different i.e. the 150 S and OMP M2. The tail holds perfectly throughout and completely locked in during pitch pumps. This may be due to an improvement in the ESCs. Sure L turns are theoretically not as good as R but I cannot tell the difference at my current skill level.

Right now, I would say its power is equivalent to the 180CFX which is really not that bad. But I expected much more with 4S power.

Last edited by zadaw; 11-02-2019 at 09:49 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 150s is a great heli. The tail on my 230s and mcpx bl2 hold great too. 150s has the CF frame for crash worthiness and safe and bailout so it makes a great heli. Smaller than 230s making it more convenient to fly in parks and more powerful when u want to let it rip.

I just prefer variety. So I enjoy my motorized tail helis and my belt helis. Also have torque tube tail gear helis but those are noisier. I like the smooth sound of a belted tail without the hyaena tail motor whine.

Not saying pick one over the other, just providing information to help someone make their decision.

It’s also a whole ‘nother ballgame without the bailout feature on the 180. Gotta be alert more. I prefer having bailout but unfortunately it’s not on the 180. If i was still crashing a lot, id skip the fusion and use a model with bailout

For me personally and currently, I enjoy the fusion more than my motor tailed safe models, due to the looks and sound. But to learn a new move I will grab one of the safe models.

My motor on 4s doesnt get hot. Can keep my finger on the motor after a flight with no problem

At 75% TC it’s powerful enough to do tic tocs and my easy sloppy 3d flying style. I get 5:40 flight times. If I crank it up to 85% she screams, so there’s even more power in her but too much for my use
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have now gone over to using 4S but I find the heli rather lacking in power. I have tried 2 different motors with the same result. I changed the ESC to one made by Hobbywing but the result was the same. There is marked bogging when I tried to do tic-tocs or continuous flips, which does not happen with the Blade 150 S. The 150 S is probably the most underrated heli in Blade's lineup at the moment. Besides having a better performance, it is cheaper, more durable and has SAFE and rescue.

Here is me flying the Fusion 180 earlier today. This is the best I can do as I do not want to risk a crash because of the lack of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH0...ature=youtu.be

Get this motor and run the heli on 3s Lipos

https://www.lynxheli.com/product_inf...63bfeb5c0a3803
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock blade motor has a 1310 stator.

The lynx heli upgrade motor has a 1611 stator. Therefore it will have more torque and power.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:48 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

blade180 trio with lynx motor..... fun! (2 min 17 sec)
Old 11-11-2019, 05:51 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade 180 CFX trio (2 min 57 sec)

Blade trio with stock motor
Old 11-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I looked into the Lynx 1611 motor before but found out that Lynx used to sell a 180CFX version with motor mount and pinion.

I am concerned that the stock motor mount may not fit.

In any case, my Fusion 180 is out of commission at the moment and I am not sure when or whether I will fly it again. It kept on stripping main gears probably because there is a misalignment between the motor pinion and the main gear. I will have to replace quite a few things to get it to fly again. Right now, I have a 150 S, OMPHobby M2 and Oxy 2 in that size range.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

180 CFX

There is also this option with a motor mount
Old 02-23-2020, 03:25 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail boom

Anyone know the 180 Fusion tail boom OD and ID please.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have now gone over to using 4S but I find the heli rather lacking in power. I have tried 2 different motors with the same result. I changed the ESC to one made by Hobbywing but the result was the same. There is marked bogging when I tried to do tic-tocs or continuous flips, which does not happen with the Blade 150 S. The 150 S is probably the most underrated heli in Blade's lineup at the moment. Besides having a better performance, it is cheaper, more durable and has SAFE and rescue.

Here is me flying the Fusion 180 earlier today. This is the best I can do as I do not want to risk a crash because of the lack of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH0...ature=youtu.be

Great flying it seems like it has plenty of pop. Are you flying 4s here? Anyways I've flown both the 150S and the 180 Fusion and I really like the 180 Fusion over the 150S and this is the reason. The 150S will fade quite a bit over the last minute or so, but the 180 Fusion is good to the last drop sorta speak. I"m getting about 4:30 on both aircraft.

That being said I wold recommend a 150S for a beginner just because it really does fly great out of the box, and the 180 Fusion might have issues such as tail wag that are only addressable with a new FBL controller. I put a micro spirit into mine and I really love it now.
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond1979 View Post
Great flying it seems like it has plenty of pop. Are you flying 4s here? Anyways I've flown both the 150S and the 180 Fusion and I really like the 180 Fusion over the 150S and this is the reason. The 150S will fade quite a bit over the last minute or so, but the 180 Fusion is good to the last drop sorta speak. I"m getting about 4:30 on both aircraft.

That being said I wold recommend a 150S for a beginner just because it really does fly great out of the box, and the 180 Fusion might have issues such as tail wag that are only addressable with a new FBL controller. I put a micro spirit into mine and I really love it now.
Both are great helicopters, and I fly them every day I get a chance.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, this is not a reply to a post but a question to which I could not find an answer: can the AR6335 FBL from the Blade 180 CFX be used directly in the Blade 180 Fusion? Or is there any programming necessary? Thanks, ohawa
ohawa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohawa View Post
Hi, this is not a reply to a post but a question to which I could not find an answer: can the AR6335 FBL from the Blade 180 CFX be used directly in the Blade 180 Fusion? Or is there any programming necessary? Thanks, ohawa
Hi Ohawa, I think there will be programming required. Unlike the 180CFX, the Fusion 180 receiver is upside down. There may be other differences, but I don't recall right now.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should be able to use if you reflash it to Fusion180 firmware with the SPM3065 cable(and JST adapter).
Old 07-13-2021, 11:58 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

If you have flown the Blade 130 S or the XK 130 recently, I would understand why you don't like DD tails. But this current crop is different i.e. the 150 S and OMP M2. The tail holds perfectly throughout and completely locked in during pitch pumps. This may be due to an improvement in the ESCs.
Same for the Blade 230S V2. Holy cow, that tail is fantastic. I hated DD tails, but that heli made me a believer. Sure, it's a lower power heli without a ton of head torque for which the tail has to compensate, but it is really locked in. The 230S V1 was good, but still kinda wishy-washy. The V2 fixed all of that.
Sigluvr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
belt-driven tail, blade fusion 180, blh5850

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in