Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP S + DX6i Mixing/Gyro/Modes

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this hobby and this is my first post my advance apologies if I step on anyone toes.

A. If I setup my tx DX6i according to the CP S manual.
- (GYRO) SW-FMODE 0-90% 1-15%
- (MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% SW GYRO etc etc

This is how it flies
FM 0. Normal mode. The CPS is always in SAFE/auto leveling mode Blue Led. Toggling the GYRO switch has no effect between autolevel/agility.

FM1. Idle Up. Red Led. No Auto levelling Toggling the GYRO switch will bring on SAFE mode. Blue Led/Autoleveling.

With the blade manual's setting I cannot get agility in FM0 Normal Mode. It is always in SAFE/Autoleveling mode.

B. I really wanted Agility flying capability in normal mode and experimented with the following settings:

- (GYRO) SW-GYRO 0-90% 1-15%
- (MIX 1) INH

Now this is how it flies
FM 0. Normal mode. Toggling the GYRO switch will switch between Red/Blue led. I get both SAFE mode/Agility by toggling the GYRO switch,

FM1. Idle Up. Toggling the GYRO switch will switch between RED/Blue led. I get both SAFE mode/Agility by toggling the GYRO switch while head speed is 100%. I can choose to fly it in SAFE/AGILITY mode if I wish.

My doubts I hope you can help with

1. It seems to me programming the GYRO switch directly is easier and gives us SAFE/AGILITY in both normal and idle up. Isn't this better? or am I missing something about the purpose of the MIX 1 function.

2. From my understanding Agility and 3D is the same thing i.e same gyro gains? <- Is this correct? It is called Agility when flown in normal mode FM 0 and it is called 3D when flown in idle up FM1. Is this correct? Also Panic Mode is simply bringing on the SAFE/Autolevel mode?

3. In the manual's MIX 1 setting:
(MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% <- What does 'D' and 'U' refer to? How does this affect the heli?
=====

So by programming the Gyro switch. I now get all the functions I need.

- FM 0 - Safe/autolevelling in normal mode or agility anytime I feel like by toggling the GYRO switch

- FM1 - Safe/autolevelling in Idle Up (PANIC RECOVERY) or agility (3D) anytime I feel like by toggling the GYRO.

There is however a minor problem with my setting. When switching , Safe/autolevel into agility in normal mode FM0, the tail blade will spin while the heli is stationery. But a little left nudge on the rudder stick will immediately stop this misbehavior.

I hope some of the fellow HF experts will be able to tell me what I am missing with the purpose of MIX 1 and why HH did not simply write the manual like how I programmed mine.

I do not believe I discovered a much simpler way to switch modes something the engineers at HH missed!

Thank you all so much...
cap830 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the hobby! I'm very new too but this forum and hopefully someone with more experience can answer your other questions since I am curious too. From your post it is about exactly how it was for me too and it all seems normal.

The way you have it set up may work better than what I did. Pay attention to the gyro and mix settings on the first post of below link, (Dual rates and throttle curves are up to you to figure it out but thats the fun part)

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=dx6i

this way, stability in normal mode, gyro switch up (I think.. I'm away from my DX6i). Toggle the gyro switch for agility mode. Go to stunt mode, its always in (red led) mode, so keep gyro switch up to have access to panic recovery (by switching to normal mode.)

So this programming does have panic working in all 3 modes, but depending what you are doing you might get panic recovery from changing stunt to normal, or from changing gyro switch. Stability mode and panic recovery are the same thing. Maybe I will try your settings when I get back home, may work better.

The manual set up is terrible for DX6i.

Agility and 3d is both in RED LED, only difference is 3d you need plenty of negative and positive pitch curve, agility usually have less negative pitch.

kinda confusing.. I now keep it in stunt mode all the time when outside and start with Throttle hold on, throttle stick at middle. release TH, and then adjust pitch to take off.

stability mode is only for indoors for me.
dreamtwister302 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX7s and we can only figure out how to program in any two modes but not all 3 at the same time.

I would like to mess around with all the features but I am not upgrading my radio.
ikarma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarma View Post
I have a DX7s and we can only figure out how to program in any two modes but not all 3 at the same time.

I would like to mess around with all the features but I am not upgrading my radio.
I wouldn't rate the 3 modes of SAFE a "feature." Its marketing BS. Agility and 3D are essentially the same: CP, no assists, no bank limit. But the programming, according to the manual, simply adds the negative pitch you need for 3D mode on radios that allow the programming for 3 settings. On one without it, you have Stability mode and 3D mode but can customize 3D mode to taste.

Not to beat a dead horse, but in form and function its the same as the helis the Chinese are selling with '6-axis' and '3D mode.' In 6-axis mode, they use the same soft FP profile as an nCPS in Stability mode. They don't bother with any nonsense, non-existent (for all practical purposes) pseudo inbetween mode.

But they also don't own a division that makes standalone radios to plant that seed to make you think you need to fork out an extra few hundred dollars for a radio to 'fully appreciate' the $100 beater.

On bigger helis, two CP modes are useful since you can use normal mode for takeoff and landing, and then flick over to Stunt mode for 3D. This is not necessary on the nCPS. Or a v977, K110, K120, or HCP100S and none of those helis have it either.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Blader Scrapper,

What is the purpose of programming Gyro sw as Fmode and then doing a MIX1?

I have programmed Gyro sw as GYRO and inhibited MIX1.

It works just as intended - the gyro toggle now give blue/red led in either Fm1 or FM1.

It a more direct and simple way to program to the tx?

===

My question is why doe everyone including the manual instruct the user to programs their TX - (GYRO) SW-FMODE 0-90% 1-15% + (MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% SW GYRO when a direct solution as I have posted above exists? Why not keep the GYRO toggle as SW-GYRO instead of FMODE

Am I missing something? Sorry I'm new to this and I'm trying to understand the purpose of the 'long winded'' programming recommended in the manual and most HF members recommended settings.

Do you know also manual's MIX 1 setting: (MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% <- What does 'D' and 'U' refer to? How does this affect the heli?

dreamtwister, thanks for the pointing me to that post. But still doesn't clear up my doubts on why the long winded programming using MIX1 is necessary.
cap830 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap830 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this hobby and this is my first post my advance apologies if I step on anyone toes.

A. If I setup my tx DX6i according to the CP S manual.
- (GYRO) SW-FMODE 0-90% 1-15%
- (MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% SW GYRO etc etc

This is how it flies
FM 0. Normal mode. The CPS is always in SAFE/auto leveling mode Blue Led. Toggling the GYRO switch has no effect between autolevel/agility.

FM1. Idle Up. Red Led. No Auto levelling Toggling the GYRO switch will bring on SAFE mode. Blue Led/Autoleveling.

With the blade manual's setting I cannot get agility in FM0 Normal Mode. It is always in SAFE/Autoleveling mode.

B. I really wanted Agility flying capability in normal mode and experimented with the following settings:

- (GYRO) SW-GYRO 0-90% 1-15%
- (MIX 1) INH

Now this is how it flies
FM 0. Normal mode. Toggling the GYRO switch will switch between Red/Blue led. I get both SAFE mode/Agility by toggling the GYRO switch,

FM1. Idle Up. Toggling the GYRO switch will switch between RED/Blue led. I get both SAFE mode/Agility by toggling the GYRO switch while head speed is 100%. I can choose to fly it in SAFE/AGILITY mode if I wish.

My doubts I hope you can help with

1. It seems to me programming the GYRO switch directly is easier and gives us SAFE/AGILITY in both normal and idle up. Isn't this better? or am I missing something about the purpose of the MIX 1 function.

2. From my understanding Agility and 3D is the same thing i.e same gyro gains? <- Is this correct? It is called Agility when flown in normal mode FM 0 and it is called 3D when flown in idle up FM1. Is this correct? Also Panic Mode is simply bringing on the SAFE/Autolevel mode?

3. In the manual's MIX 1 setting:
(MIX 1) GYRO-GYRO ACT D-80% U-0% <- What does 'D' and 'U' refer to? How does this affect the heli?
=====

So by programming the Gyro switch. I now get all the functions I need.

- FM 0 - Safe/autolevelling in normal mode or agility anytime I feel like by toggling the GYRO switch

- FM1 - Safe/autolevelling in Idle Up (PANIC RECOVERY) or agility (3D) anytime I feel like by toggling the GYRO.

There is however a minor problem with my setting. When switching , Safe/autolevel into agility in normal mode FM0, the tail blade will spin while the heli is stationery. But a little left nudge on the rudder stick will immediately stop this misbehavior.

I hope some of the fellow HF experts will be able to tell me what I am missing with the purpose of MIX 1 and why HH did not simply write the manual like how I programmed mine.

I do not believe I discovered a much simpler way to switch modes something the engineers at HH missed!

Thank you all so much...
hi i tried this but it doesn't seem to switch between red/ blue led when i flip the gyro switch any more in either F1 or F0. does yours actually change colour or does the function just change?
RichardSharpe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Im not sure if anyone is still flying these Cps's or is still using the Dx6i like I am but I have found a nice solution if your trying to learn and progress to 3d flight given the limitations of the Dx6i only having the ability to program 2 modes.
My personal issue was mode 0 is actually too easy but flicking to mode 1 is such a hard transition it often resulted in an immediate crash once id flicked the switch, what I really needed was the middle "agility" dulled down 3d mode but the manual doesn't give you a way of programming this with the Dx6i.
the only difference I could see was in the programming of transmitters with 3 channels was to the throttle curve.

so instead of having the throttle curve throttle 100/100/100/100/100, use 100/80/75/80/100
keep everything else the same.

when flying now I always use the dual rates on 1 initially and start in normal 0 mode, keep the gyro set to 1. switch in flight to mode 1, this brings the heli into idle up but you still have stability on softening the change over.
Once stable switch the gyro to 0 which turns off stability but the new throttle curve softens the response making it much easier to fly. the lower rates setting also make it easier to control, and the panic function is still on the gyro switch if it all goes wrong.

then once confident enough I can reprogram the original settings and switch the dual rates back and have full 3d mode again.
RichardSharpe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2021, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am experiencing a similar issue I just made a post about. Basically as soon as I put it into stunt mode (FM1) while in idle up it will immediately summersault forward and crash. I may try your settings to see if it helps.
silver93t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in