Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Any advice about gain and fine tune with brain/Nikon 2

recently i changed the FBL in my 470LM swap the microbeast plus for Brain 2 BT.

I got tired about tail problems with MBP, never can set correctly the 74 tail blades neither eliminate the wag completely

The 470 is my first real heli and I had never set and tune a FBL.

The difference with the brain2 is from the earth to the moon. The heli flies smooth and very "locked in" without any tail wag or cyclic shake

The question is that I always wants more and i need to know if you uses the defaults value of 45% for proportional gain for tail or some combination of integral and derivate gain, different to standard (25, 40) in the advance panel.
Appears to me that the tail has a very little overshots in fast and shorts input or maybe the traumas caused to me for the MBP.

470LM supercombo with brain2, long tail Shaft, middle hole tail servo horn, outer hole cyclic servos, 74 mm tail blade

Bonus question, How do you calibrate to zero the digitall pitch gauge on the 470? I do it on the engine and took readers only on the front.

In the MBP I had not passed this, but with the Brain2 the max and min pitch differ about 1.3 degrees with less positive pitch. If set 12 to negative them have 10.7 in positive
Pr0xenet4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using basically stock settings on ikon for cyclic gains (feels nice). For tail I did not change it much from stock, only increased pitch precomp to 30-35, but did not spend much time tuning it yet, it is mostly locked in.

Make sure you have zero pitch properly set up on the heli and do not rely on the markers on the head. I first leveled the swash plate and made sure I can get full throw on it. I then set the blades to zero pitch. with this the pitch is with in 0.2-0.3 degree on my pitch gauge for positive and negative throw.

I also suggest setting your bec voltage to as close as 8.4 volts as you can if you are running DS450/455s this greatly improved the tail hold and feel.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Come on friends, accept suggestions

Thanks soviet911

the initial setting was so easy, that appears to me incredible how the heli flies, coming from microbeast plus.

will set to 8.4v my servos again, changed to 6v because BMP was burn my tail servo with much wag

just to clarify, is correct to calibrated to zero the pitch gauge on the motor of the 470, how do you do?
Old 06-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you correctly leveled the swash, you can zero your pitch gauge on the motor, then you can check blade pitch when it is straight forward and backward.

If done correctly, you should be able to bring the blade ends together and the ends of the blades should be at the exact same height at zero pitch, and you can turn the blades together all the way around and they should stay at the same level.

You do not need to check the pitch out to the sides if you set it up correctly and set the pitch straight forward and back.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot, yes i level my swashplate with the tool for 470... That way I'm calmer
Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using stock settings too. Flies extremely locked in, flies very well. I am using no expo or dual rates on the Tx. The only expo, I am using, is the default expo on Brain 2 FBL.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok in fact, The manual of brain 2 says that don't use any expo, trim or sub trim and a servo travel able to match -/+100 on transmitter setup panel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in