Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BUMP log upload never finishes

When trying to upload my battery logs from the BUMP to my tablet, it won't finish???
It starts on 0 of 47 logs to upload equalling about 100kb. The bytes start increasing and the percent complete starts climbing. It never gets off of 0 of 47. The percent reaches 100 when the byte count reaches the total......but then it just keeps going. I let it climb to 800kb uploaded and it was still going.
How do I fix this? And can it be done without losing my 47 charge cycles stuck on the BUMP?
Thanks.
KevinB
KevinB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I assume youre using the Apple version of the app ....
There was a bugfix applied to 1.12 app release (still in beta testing) that fixed a problem the upload could get stuck in a loop.
You will see the 1.13 version available in the next day or two, so upgrade to that version and see if it succeeds. Note that the 1 time i was able to reproduce, the root cause was a corrupt record in the Bump, and in that case, the history on the Bump was lost, but that isnt always the case.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No. Android
It seemed to break a couple firmware updates ago.
Thanks for the quick reply!
KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm on the latest ccs and the BUMP is at 3.08

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I complained about this exact issue some time ago, and was ignored.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

The only way I was able to get uploads to be completed again was to "clean all battery history" from the bump charger itself, and make sure that I upload after every charge cycle I do. I suspect maybe I waited too long between uploads, and it got too large for the bump to handle.

Fauropitotto is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
I complained about this exact issue some time ago, and was ignored.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

The only way I was able to get uploads to be completed again was to "clean all battery history" from the bump charger itself, and make sure that I upload after every charge cycle I do. I suspect maybe I waited too long between uploads, and it got too large for the bump to handle.
Thanks for the feedback Fauropitotto.

One other different thing I did about the same time this problem started was to do a few manual charges without 'bumping'. Perhaps that wrote a strange entry that interferes with the upload???

I'll wait to hear back from Kelly before I clear my BUMP's memory.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will also see Android CCS 3.47 which includes the same Bump 3.10 firmware to better detect and prevent cache corruption problem, but in the case of Android you will most likely lose the history since the root cause must be corrupt cache in the Bump itself. Upgrade the app, try again to upload history. If it still hangs, on the Bump go into Settings and perform the Clear History Cache, then allow the upgrade to 3.10 to proceed. Let me know if you see any similar problems with 3.10+ .... hopefully we have it solved.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You werent ignored - i just didnt have an answer yet

Some changes were made to begin caching more information with the cycle graph and those changes seem to trigger more frequent flash corruption problems. The latest firmware will help detect and prevent this condition.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you just push 3.47/3.10 ? I checked this morning before I did the last test and didn't see the update. I have it now and will try what you posted above.
Thanks again for the superb support Kelly! Much appreciated.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Thanks for the feedback Fauropitotto.

One other different thing I did about the same time this problem started was to do a few manual charges without 'bumping'. Perhaps that wrote a strange entry that interferes with the upload???

I'll wait to hear back from Kelly before I clear my BUMP's memory.

KevinB
Oh, and thanks for pointing out the Manual operation step - it just might be the key to reproducing. I'll do more testing on that specifically.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just fyi, when it's downloading the new firmware, in the CCS, it has Downloading Firmware in the title bar of the window, but says Uploaded Cycle Graph 0 of 0 in the contents of the Firmware update window.

When it got to the reboot of the firmware update, the BUMP froze there. After a power cycle, I'm just getting a white screen. It gives three beeps when I power it up (via the USB port -- I pulled it from my case), but the white screen never goes away.

Now what???

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I reloaded ver 3.05 via the Windows update app and I got rid of the white screen after that finished and I did a power cycle. I then connected via BT with my tablet and updated to 3.10 again. The window on the CCS displayed correctly this time, however, when the 3.10 download was completed, it again froze after saying it was rebooting, and after a power cycle, I was stuck at the white screen again.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried a different BUMP controller. The 3.10 firmware white-screens that one as well.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Tried a different BUMP controller. The 3.10 firmware white-screens that one as well.

KevinB
Rats ... makes me think i posted the wrong firmware with it - the debug version will whitescreen a production (not development) Bump unit. Checking now to see - will post again shortly.
If whitescreened, youll need to recover via USB interface to Windows firmware utility - just take latest version there and ill make sure there is a good Android app avail soon.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Kelly. You had me worried there for a bit when my BUMP became a brick........before I read how to do the forced firmware update via the USB!

I'll try it again once you post the new version.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, just confirmed - Bump firmware 3.10 is DEBUG not RELEASE version. Looks like a problem in my build scripts grabbed the wrong version when building Android app. Note 3.10 firmware in the Apple iOS app will be fine.

I just posted 3.48 / 3.11 versions to fix it.

Thanks for reporting the problem so quickly - no doubt it saved many others from the hassle.

Yes, to recover from a bad firmware load (like 3.10) just hold the touchscreen as you apply power. After about 10 secs, you'll hear a long beep - that means it has bypassed normal startup (which would load the bad image) and is ready to receive a new firmware image over USB. So just push the latest image from Windows firmware installer (it will be older) and when that completes, connect up with the new Android CCS 3.48 to push the new Bump/3.11 firmware and you will be good to go again.

Really sorry guys - this is my mistake and I know it's pain in the butt having to connect up via USB (especially if its mounted in a case).

Since this new Android app only contained the new Bump firmware image (no other Android CCS app changes), and that Bump 3.10 firmware has already been thoroughly tested in use with the Apple CCS app, I figured it would be safe to just push that Android CCS update straight to production instead of the normal route of beta team first ... well, lesson learned ... if something CAN go wrong ... ;(
Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey.....no worries. Thanks again.

KevinB
Old 04-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so figured out the problem with the build script, as well as the Bump image.
Look for Android CCS v3.49 with Bump v3.11.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the firmware flashing must have wiped out the stored logs on the BUMP. Nothing uploaded once I was able to connect to it again.
I ran a couple of new storage cycles, and the logs uploaded properly at the end of each. So, it looks like it's working like it should again.

Thanks Kelly!

KevinB
Old 04-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

To follow up, I tried a couple charge cycles without the tablet connected. When I did connect it, it uploaded the 2 cycles fine.

KevinB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in