Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories

KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories KDE Direct Upgrades and Accessories Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New G3 KDE XF Motors are almost here!

KDE is hoping to release these New Designed XF Motors with in the next 3 weeks. They also now have one that will even fit under the Goblin canopy without cutting it.

Here are the New G3 700XF Motors
KDE700XF-505-G3 - replacement of the original KDE700XF-495, with a slightly higher Kv rating and a 10-pole design, and numerous other changes. It’s a BEAST – no other words to explain it, smokes everything else on the market, and is 100% compatible with the YGE, Kontronik, and Castle Creations series.
KDE700XF-455-G3 – same as the KDE700XF-505-G3, but with a 455Kv for the popular 14S setups and gearing.
KDE700XF-535-G3 – a shorter and lighter version of the original KDE700XF series (4530 stator versus 4541), coming in around 550 grams and also, just fits underneath the Goblin canopy (no canopy modification needed).

There are New 600XF and 500XF motors also.
KDE600XF-530-G3 – replacement of the original KDE600XF-530, with a new magnetic layout and winding design. Again, a complete BEAST on 12S in the 550/600/650 series helicopters.
KDE500XF-1350-G3 – replacement of the original KDE500XF-1450, with a slightly lower-Kv spec., larger fan design (for improved cooling on the Goblin 500), and the new 10-pole design for higher performance.

I don't know pricing yet, but they will be released soon. Keep an eye on their site for them and if I get any more information on them I will let you know.
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default New G3 KDE XF Motors are almost here !

KDE is hoping to release these new motors with in the next 3 weeks. Here is part of an email we received.

KDE XF G3 Series Motors – almost here! The new “G3” series motors are almost ready, and hoping to be releasing these in 3 weeks or earlier. The new versions are:

KDE700XF-505-G3 - replacement of the original KDE700XF-495, with a slightly higher Kv rating and a 10-pole design, and numerous other changes. It’s a BEAST – no other words to explain it, smokes everything else on the market, and is 100% compatible with the YGE, Kontronik, and Castle Creations series.
KDE700XF-455-G3 – same as the KDE700XF-505-G3, but with a 455Kv for the popular 14S setups and gearing.
KDE700XF-535-G3 – a shorter and lighter version of the original KDE700XF series (4530 stator versus 4541), coming in around 550 grams and also, just fits underneath the Goblin canopy (no canopy modification needed).
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That 10 pole 500XF should fly pretty nice on a G500 with the 16t or 17t pulley.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice

Can't wait to get my hands on the new G3 motors.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, isn't this great! I posted up a couple vids of the test gobs here earlier using these when Patrick emailed me the vids of these in action. I am picking up some of these, including two 455kv 14s versions. I didn't know about the last one that will fit under our canopy's however? I was told they may not be producing this one but it appears they decided to go for it.

These might just be the premier new motors in the industry! Plus, Patrick who owns Kde is a stellar guy to boot. I was just chatting with him this morning about these. And the reps seem to be pretty cool guys also!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I posted up a few pics and vids earlier in the Goblin section and main forum with a few test helis flying these motors. One of the Kde reps turned me on to these as he was selling off his current Kde motors and flying a couple of these. Patrick at KDE responded himself when I inquired about them. I was stunned! He just didn't send back a simple email but got in depth with the new motors and explained what they had designed. This surely sets a new standard in RC heli motors for pure power and quality to boot. Not to mention the superb efficiency they operate with.

A little about my background for anyone reading this post. Not to boast but build a touch of credibility. I have been playing with new motor designs and testing them for years. And in the mix have had the privilege of hanging out with some of the more brilliant guys in the industry. I get the dubious honor of pretending to be smart while talking with those that truly are. A couple of the designs I got to play with are now flying around in tens of thousands of helis. My laptop is loaded with so much research and tech info on brushless motor design it takes up a notable section of my hard drive.

Nothing I have ever seen utilizes more top shelf cutting edge tech and innovation than these new KDE motors. At any price.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would 100% agree with you. It's because Patrick really knows his stuff and believes in making a good quality product.
thenewguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone tell me if this motor will work with a Kosmic and if so are there any particular settings etc for it to match the Kosmic ?

KDE700XF-455-G3
bathmagic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my setup and it performs flawless in my 14S G700C. Stupid power, torque and very efficient.

Mode 1,4
startup= 8 sec
RiComp = 009 (match the wind resistance of the motor)
PGain = 8 *
timing = auto

* I recommend you start with your PGain at the default 4 and work your way up as needed to preserve headspeed with your flight style and setup.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the help, I should have this running in a few weeks
bathmagic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in