Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Among others.
Oh, I didn't know you did repairs! I though you just did BL installs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
Oh, I didn't know you did repairs! I though you just did BL installs.
Some but the topic was soldering skills.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Switched to gov arm mode today (using tx program, not a toolstick) and played with some v-shaped throttle curves. I cant believe how well the tail holds now! Almost seems like the climb rate is faster or more efficient maybe. You can really hear that tail working hard too. Couldnt be happier with my mild nano now!
drewracer32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: What did you do to your BL NANO Today?

Put my wild nano back in the box because it seems incredibly weak and lame compared to my hp10s 130x

sent from my RAZR Maxx w/Rage Rom
Greek6486 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your BL NANO Today?

Don't worry, you'll take the nano back out once it is snowing every day again!
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Built myself a wild nano

So far I have just done a few easy ciruits. Seems not as 'tight' as the mild nano...maybe its the extra weight? Or maybe its my new Glacier 250's that are not fully broken in yet.

Either way, very happy that the install and flashing went well...even got the motor leads right the first time
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
Built myself a wild nano

So far I have just done a few easy ciruits. Seems not as 'tight' as the mild nano...maybe its the extra weight? Or maybe its my new Glacier 250's that are not fully broken in yet.

Either way, very happy that the install and flashing went well...even got the motor leads right the first time

Should be the same weight as the "mild" bl Nano, the motors weigh almost exactly the same. Probably the higher headspeed making it a little more twitchy in it's response.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just ordered a Lynx DFC head and swash. Also ordered a titanium shaft, I'm tired of cracking the carbon ones. It seems with the higher head speed I'm breaking them a lot more often.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think I may finally have found the perfect mild Nano set-up for me. Been dicking around with it for a week now. Seems my tail motor was going. Switched it for a new one and used a MH aluminum tail mount I got in another buy. I hope it will help cool the motor as I put back to back packs through it. Love flying this heli between periods of the hockey games in the small feild in front of my place.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after re-soldering every wire in the setup about 6 times trying to find the weak point with no change... I smoked a FET... after replacing the FET and the tail motor wires... all is good... no power losses anymore =)
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Meekrakkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scratch that... FET came loose =(
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Old 05-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think I got it this time... it's flying again anyways.. lol

I'm going to learn to solder if it kills me!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

got my frame braces from astroid. my wild brushless nano is now back together. i will finally get to try the microheli power pack upgraded head set that i installed when i found out my frame was cracked. if only microheli would release a frame for the nano like the mcpx frames.
boofy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofy View Post
got my frame braces from astroid. my wild brushless nano is now back together. i will finally get to try the microheli power pack upgraded head set that i installed when i found out my frame was cracked. if only microheli would release a frame for the nano like the mcpx frames.
+1
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

The frame mod for the Nano is a PITA. I made my own pieces out of plastic on my hell which made it even worse. I would buy a MH frame if it was 30-35 bucks. The RKH frame is ludicrously priced. I have another frame and I think I will mod it to have a clamp as the glued it motor bugs me to no end.

I am finding this heli to need a bit more maintenance then my MCPX's though. Might be the used bird factor. But I do love the power to weight ratio of this little guy.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofy View Post
I think you're going to love the uH head set! Mine's been rock-solid. Just don't forget to Loctite the blade screws!

Goosky Legend S2
Goosky Legend S1
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been a couple of weeks since I've been able to fly. Tonite I flew a handful of lipos through my "stretched" DFC Nano tonite. It flies nice and tight, I concentrated on flying "low and slow" with a series of flips, rolls, and loops combined with some inverted hovering 2-4 feet off the ground with the goal of tightening up my maneuvers into as small a space as possible. Pretty happy with the results. Ended the session with a slightly cracked trailing edge on one main blade. Ca'd it back together and ready to go for the next session.

Flew a few rounds with my stock 130X too, but that's another story. All went well, though.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replaced a XP-3A esc on one of my mild nanos. This nano would not build high headspeed with load (i.e. 68% throttle idle up 1 and 75% throttle idle up 2 gave the same headspeed under load). This nano would also seriously bog when applying collective. Thought maybe at some time I had entered TX Programming mode and messed something up but reflashed BLHeli setup with same results.

Without load, IU1 and IU2 headspeeds were as expected.

Looked at ESC and none of the FETs looked burned out so not sure what the issue was.

Many question the logic of having two of every heli.....sure does help to debug problems
Old 07-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, it's been a couple of months since anyone has posted on this thread, so I figured I better resurrect it. I swapped my mild motor for a 'wild' motor this morning, and, what a difference!! The mild motor performed almost exactly like my well worn brushed motor in my stock nano, it would bog badly with any meaningful combination of collective and cyclic and basically just fold up and fall to the ground as often as not. With the wild motor, it basically does what I ask it to, with very little bogging and no fuss. It does exhibit a bit of TBO, so I think I'll set it for governor arm and run a little V in the throttle curve and that should take care of it. This little heli is now what it should've been all along. Seems to be a bit hard on my Oversky lipos, though....
Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I'll be really curious how you end up with lipos. I think I'll go out and fly all my batteries now just to get some stick time in.

George
gstoneberg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in