Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry ESKY RTF 2.4GHz New Lama V4 - Problems

Being an oldie & a newbie at this RC electric heli's, I am having trouble as follows:

When I received the heli, I fired it up(but did not fly it) just to check everthing is OK, which it was. I have started learning by using the ESKY Sim , however since then the TX (ESKY HOBBY ET4 4Channel - Mode1) will not communicate with the 4in1 Mix Controller.

I am assuming that the Tx is working since the Sim responds to it. I have assumed that unbinding & binding was required but had no success. I have even bought a new 4in1 but have the same problem - before anyone asks, yes the batteries for the TX and the Heli battery where all fully charged.

In addition to the above:
a) The Tx arrived with the 4 switches at the bottom right hand corner set at (from left to right) Up Up Down Down. I have seen quoted these being Up Down Up Down – Which is correct?
b) Using the SKY SIM, what are the settings for the Calibration in the LH boxes for my Tx, what needs to be ticked in the middle boxes and what are the extreme RH boxes for?

Thanking anyone in anticipation,
Peter

pws1948 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Peter! Welcome to the forum.

The switches on the front of the Tx reverse the movement of the servos for the stick inputs.

For instance, if you push the cyclic forward, to move the heli forward, but the swash tilts backwards, then moving the ELE switch to the other position will reverse the motion of the servo, so that the swash plate will tilt forward instead of backwards.

On my Txs, the switches are set from the factory (left to right) up, up, down, down.

But to be sure, you'll need to watch the swash movement for each control input, and than set the appropriate switch.

When you use the Tx with the heli, is the heli responding to any of the stick movements?

When you attempt to bind the Tx to the Rx, you have to unbind them first.

Here is a link to the Esky site with the binding instructions.

http://www.twf-sz.com/english/products.asp?prodid=0338

Sorry I can't help you with the sim settings as I'm using a different sim.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Peter,

I use the LAMA SIM, so please have a look at the picture below.

and to confirm my switch is UP UP DN DN from Left to Right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stick.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	136530  
ting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in