Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
Looking very nice with all the metal upgrades but if they are going to that extent.....
Why do they insist on plastic geared servos. That kills me!
Scott, I have no problems with plastic gears on any of my 450 size and small heli's. Metal strip in crashes as well. Just my two cents.
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
Anybody else notice the word 'basic' added to the name of the heli in the title of that promo video? Sounds to me like the kind of language used when more than one option will be offered. Perhaps there will be a pro kit, a hopped up kit, or an airframe only kit.
Nice catch jcmo!

A BNF Basic is copter only. No battery and no charger
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

My lynx frame requires a bigger motor just to be able to recover from mistakes. I can't imagine this thing with the default motor. Hopefully they improved the aluminum parts since they have sucked so far. But do like the servo placement that looks much better for access then on lynx or microheli
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
Anybody else notice the word 'basic' added to the name of the heli in the title of that promo video? Sounds to me like the kind of language used when more than one option will be offered. Perhaps there will be a pro kit, a hopped up kit, or an airframe only kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
Nice catch jcmo!

A BNF Basic is copter only. No battery and no charger
Exactly. This to me is no indication of their desire to offer an airframe only kit. It's just their marketing language for not including a battery and charger. The idea is that most people who would want one will already have a charger and batteries and they don't want to pay for something they don't use. You can see the same thing in some of their other products. For instance the UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic and the Edge 540QQ 280 BNF Basic. That's all they ever offered with those models, so I highly doubt this one will be any different. It's just not in Horizon's M.O. to offer an airframe only kit, otherwise they'd lose the high markup they can recognize by overcharging for the cheap electronics. There's no true "airframe only" kit for any of their "Pro" line, so there's no reason to expect any different for the 300 CFX.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just today I ordered my first 300X.........yes! Thank you very much!

And so maybe I could eventually upgrade it to the CFX frame and fancy servo tree? I'm already looking for a spare used 300x airframe.....due to crashing often seems to be encoded in my DNA.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I second that the stock servos served me just fine even in crashes. I will also say that while the stock motor is not the power house that some people are use to, it delivers enough power to do 90% of the moves out there. With my stock motor producing 400 less rpm than the new CFX I'd be more than happy to show you a video of the reliability of the servos and the motor at work.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2evl View Post
I'd be more than happy to show you a video of the reliability of the servos and the motor at work.
I'm up for watching a video

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
I second that the stock servos served me just fine even in crashes. I will also say that while the stock motor is not the power house that some people are use to, it delivers enough power to do 90% of the moves out there. With my stock motor producing 400 less rpm than the new CFX I'd be more than happy to show you a video of the reliability of the servos and the motor at work.
Yeah, the stock motor has plenty of power until the bearings fall apart and the motor destroys itself after a few dozen flights. The same thing with the servos. They work great until they burn out or you strip the gears by just looking at them wrong. All this has been pretty well documented in this forum and Horizon's support is well aware that many people have had these kinds of issues with these components. Yet they chose to keep them on the new model...why? Because they're super cheap for Horizon to produce. They sell them at a high markup and they can afford to hand them out like candy as replacements and call it great customer service.

Also, notice how everyone who is saying these stock components are good are also affiliated with Horizon Hobby.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not the power of the motor that concern me, it's the quality. It's still the same motor that'll eventually vibrate itself to death. It's been well documented in these forums and on YouTube.
JookSing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
400 more rpm on the CFX with the same motor?
I assume the gearing is adjusted. Please elaborate.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
I'm up for watching a video
Just for you

[ame]http://youtu.be/4fdsdBAhmL0[/ame]
Old 01-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Yeah, the stock motor has plenty of power until the bearings fall apart and the motor destroys itself after a few dozen flights. The same thing with the servos. They work great until they burn out or you strip the gears by just looking at them wrong. All this has been pretty well documented in this forum and Horizon's support is well aware that many people have had these kinds of issues with these components. Yet they chose to keep them on the new model...why? Because they're super cheap for Horizon to produce. They sell them at a high markup and they can afford to hand them out like candy as replacements and call it great customer service.

Also, notice how everyone who is saying these stock components are good are also affiliated with Horizon Hobby.
I have many flights on my 300x with no bearing issues or servo issues. Maybe I am lucky. When I post it is not to manipulate you guys, but to show you that there are some people out there that have not had an issues and not all of them post on the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
400 more rpm on the CFX with the same motor?
I assume the gearing get is adjusted. Please elaborate.
Stock is 9t, I have 10t, CFX is 11t. Each increment is about 400rpm. Making the CFX 800 more rpm higher than 300X
Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not all crashes will result in just picking it up and continue to fly. I will say though it was nice to see it did take some abuse. Thx for the vid

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Seeing that in other threads, too. Since we rarely hear from anyone affiliated, the troops must have been authorized to do some damage control.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Stock is 9t, I have 10t, CFX is 11t.
Thanks for the info. I tried the 10t and liked it, then dropped in the 420h I had laying around.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
When I post it is not to manipulate you guys, but to show you that there are some people out there that have not had an issues and not all of them post on the forums
I agree with this 100% You will always see WAY more negative posts about a product than positive. Take the Castle fires as an example. I think as a group we all need to remember that the Blade line-up is aimed at a very large group of people. They could offer aluminum servo's with metal gears, higher end motor and ESC. All it would do is put the heli out of reach for many and by doing so limit the customer base. Not good business really. Not sticking up for the brand at all. Its just the way it is.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very true. On one end you have the guys like those who are posting here that want a fully upgraded helicopter. On the other hand you have the guys that are happy with what was produced and don't say anything. It's Blades job to analyze that need and it's our job to try and understand that as a company they have to survive and are doing the best they can. Hats off to Bade for making the upgrades they do and to the other companies that do it as well from listening to the forums.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

That one above was the second video today I've seen of a 300x crashing during 3D flight.....then returning to 3D flight immediately without repair. In the first episode I saw earlier today, the little beast went splat onto an asphalt parking lot as the battery wire became un-fastened (sploing!) whilst zipping about in helter skelter fashion.

This is encouraging to see......considering I just ordered one today.....although I have enough experience not to expect too many miracles.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Way2evl.

Can you tell if the main shaft is the same as the old 300X? (Large jesus hole.)
Why isn't anything done about the plastic tail case? (Huge vib source.)
Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidude71 View Post
Why isn't anything done about the plastic tail case? (Huge vib source.)

My thoughts exactly!
kyrzrone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in