Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I look at it this way, if you want the speed fuselage, buy a goblin. It comes with it and is designed for it. Doing it to an Align is an addition and will make it a PITA to work on. I have a 500 ESP that I have been doing some updates. Don't really care for the heli, but no one really interested in it either. Once I get it all squared away, I may eventually put it in a scale fuselage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will bang that 500 till death! If it doesnt touch the ground it can fly day after day. Parts are cheap and still can be found plenty of them. Bit for speed fuselage go Gaui R5 or Goblin Comet 😆
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah,i ditched the ESP guy.

I cant find a 500....anywhere!All of them magically disappeared....Local forums,local classifieds,ebay europe....Nothing!!!

Either everyone ditched the 500s and switched to 550s or nobody wants to sell them,guess they love em too much

In some desperate moments i'm thinking of getting an alzrc 420...Some others i'm thinking of getting a clone,built it dirt cheap and crash-fly it like there is no tomorrow....But then i recover from that state and i only want a t-rex500 esp/dfc/blah blah blah

Edit: i checked the gaui and the goblin.....yeah i;m not that keen on the speed fuse after all

Hitec Aurora9 with telemetry
giorgos_cupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have seen several Trex 500 on eBay recently fairly cheap, even was tempted to get one for spares. The thing flies ok, imperfect but ok. The speed fuse looks cool mora like a normal heli, the Gaui and Goblin are true speed birds.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the original FBL trex 500e. It's my favourite heli, just flys perfectly and can still be thrown around like a dragonfly on crack. Not teally sure the attraction but it's never given me a issue or complaint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170430_093745~2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	713357  
Coopz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a lot to be said for a heli that doesn't give you any trouble. I've had ones that constantly give me grief so just being reliable counts for a lot.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 03:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine also give me grief but I don't give up and always change something, adjust another thing, etc. Too many spares around. And in the end I bang it like a dragonfly on steroids. The Scorp 4015-1450 also tends to makes things funny, wonder why I didn't install it 5 years ago...
Old 06-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i have decided.This is the easiest by me and most appropriate of the time being decision.

I'm tired of waiting for an old esp at the classifieds.I saw 2 the last days and one was worst than the other.The first one scratched to oblivion on head etc and the other full of rust everywhere!

On ebay i find nothing in europe.I found one yesterday a 500L at 380 euros without fbl controller,lipos,tx/rx.

Also i have to mod the esp for the speed fuselage,yeah i want that damned fuse,sue me

My solution/decision.....A gartt dfc,yeah yeah another clone....I didnt like the tarot and most likely wont like this one.But it's a pro frame at least.I'm gonna built it cheap,bang it,have fun with it without worrying about destroying a beautiful brand new t-rex 500x(i was between these 2 routes lately)aaaaaaaand you guessed it.......I m gonna put a speed fuse on it

I m gonna change the tail assembly,main gear etc,check the head,if it has play i m gonna switch to efl and when the time comes,it will be benched and i will switch to a sab/align/gaui 600-700 or maybe built another gasser

(we need an emoticon that drops a mic!)

Old 07-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plans changed again.....For the better....I will update in a couple of days that "she" arrives

Old 09-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UPDATE? Promises, promises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgos_cupra View Post
Plans changed again.....For the better....I will update in a couple of days that "she" arrives
Re: UPDATE? Promises, promises
A couple of days?

It has been more than a couple of months.

When will "she" be revealed?
HELI_FUN likes this.
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha, yeah you've left us hanging.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still have a Trex 500 EFL Pro Super Combo kit sitting. All I've ever done is open it and look at the canopy still wrapped in it's plastic. Maybe some day I will build it. I tried getting $200 local but the guy backed out so I kept it. It was already a huge markdown from what I paid a couple years ago. (Yes I know it's old).

People say the Pro series was very good but short lived.

BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I still have a Trex 500 EFL Pro Super Combo kit sitting. All I've ever done is open it and look at the canopy still wrapped in it's plastic. Maybe some day I will build it. I tried getting $200 local but the guy backed out so I kept it. It was already a huge markdown from what I paid a couple years ago. (Yes I know it's old).

People say the Pro series was very good but short lived.

I am surprised that it did not get snapped up at $200. Is this the specification?
http://grandrc.com/p51046/T-REX-500-...duct_info.html
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 06:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony#1 View Post
I am surprised that it did not get snapped up at $200. Is this the specification?
http://grandrc.com/p51046/T-REX-500-...duct_info.html
Yeah that's it. As you can see it was added to their catalog in 2011 so it's pretty dated. I know Maypole has one. It's in his signature. I lifted the box flap up for that picture. As you can see it was sitting on the LHS shelf a long time. The original price sticker is over $1100 and then it kept getting marked down. I paid $450 a couple years ago which was probably too much.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why doesn't DFC like lower head speed?

I don't mean to hijack this thread. Previous posters have said that DFC heads don't like low head speeds. Why? Isn't lift a direct function of angle of attack (pitch) and rotational speed? Why would the blade pitch control mechanism enter into the equation? I'm curious because I just bought a Trex 500DFC PRO to put in a Bell 212 scale fuselage. I plan to have head speed in the 1500 range. Do I need to convert to a non-DFC ("EFL"?) head?
tnx

jim
HokieTR4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

DFC heads have to use stiff dampers because any wobble in the spindle transfers to movement in the swash phasing. Low head speeds don't work as well with stiff dampers. Don't know why that's the case, but that's the reason.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not too side track too bad but I just bought a kit for a 500 with flybar it's a KX017014T and I've see the 500e listed as a KX017014 what does the "T" in the part number change? This is my first big heli been flying a Novus 200 and messing around with a walkera 68.
Tug Driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in