Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Aw…smart man…storing stuff in two locations. The wifey will never know how much stuff you really have. Yeah it’s time for me to slow down also. I pretty much have all the stuff I need to complete most of my winter projects. I going to build a Walkera Robocopter from scratch, a scale cp250 using Walkera head and tail parts and the big project will be the Apache. Still need a lot stuff for the Apache, but there’s plenty of time as I really want to take my time on this build.

Sweetness on the computer hardware. I’m not very computer savvy, just a cheapo laptop in the man cave.

Yeah it would be more work, but the more I think about it, a lite weight PETG fuse might be the way to go on the FP450.

No hurry Bro and I totally appreciate you looking for me.
Seems you'll have enough work to do so i hope in the middle time a perfect fuse bargain will appear.as i'm attracting them

I admire people that put so much work on something they love to do either for hobby or not.

See what this guy is building, so much work needed.
The site is Greek but the link points to a google translated one. Not perfect translation but the images tell everything!.

http://translate.google.com/translat...3684.0&act=url
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, i received my EC-135 fuselage last week but i was too busy at work, i just opened the box to take alook.
So in the weekend i worked alittle with my 450 Sport clone that i'm thinking to install inside. I mounted the four blade head and a metal tail box. The head and tail of the kit were plastic.
I like the pure metal look of the head, the tail is blue anodized, i'm thinking to deanodize it to match the head.
This will be a four blade CP setup, i keep the Jetranger fuse for installing the FP 450 i'm intended to build.

The crack on the fuse is very small, i will reinforce it from inside and i'll put a sticker outside from those offered in the fuse kit. BTW it contains everything the retail package includes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA020067.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	257608   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA020068.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	257609   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA020069.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	257610   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA020070.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	257611   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA020071.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	257612  

Name:	PA020072.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	257613  
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

How’s it going Alex, sorry I haven’t been around lately. Between work and building my son a loft/fort bed I’ve been real busy and haven’t mess with anything rc related in a few weeks. I almost have the bed finish, so hoping to get back to messing around with my helicopters in the next week or so. In a way it’s good to take a break every now and than.

Airframe is looking good brother and the multi rotor head really sets it off. Really excited to see how well the Walkera 3axis receiver does.

The EC-135 looks sweet and I like the bright color. Glad to hear the scratch wasn’t that bad and covering with a sticker seems like a good fix. Looking at it really makes me want an EC-145 bad…one day I shall have one. hehe.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How’s it going Alex, sorry I haven’t been around lately. Between work and building my son a loft/fort bed I’ve been real busy and haven’t mess with anything rc related in a few weeks. I almost have the bed finish, so hoping to get back to messing around with my helicopters in the next week or so. In a way it’s good to take a break every now and than.

Airframe is looking good brother and the multi rotor head really sets it off. Really excited to see how well the Walkera 3axis receiver does.

The EC-135 looks sweet and I like the bright color. Glad to hear the scratch wasn’t that bad and covering with a sticker seems like a good fix. Looking at it really makes me want an EC-145 bad…one day I shall have one. hehe.
Yeah, i was also very pressed last 10 days at work and also last week i had a proposal to start again with a company in US i had involved before 2-3 years (i'm a freelancer) which is good in today's crisis. This will meen more work but i'm used to this.

Anyway i started preparing the airframe and i decided the way i'll mount the RX2702V, it will be facing down and sitting between the gyro mount and the bottom plate so i'll have easy access to switches and trimmers.
With this receiver there is no problem about that cause it has switches to reverse the gyros if needed, which is my case.

After i got the head out of the shaft to level the swash and finished that, i forgot how the phasing was but thanks to people sharing info here and rcgroups i easily found the way to go.

Now i have to solder EC3s on the 40Amp myrcmart ESC to mount on the heli cause one ESC i already had mounted and i bought last year from ebay is getting hot and shuts down just having the motor running slowly for test without blades.

The motor is a 4000KV i also bought a year ago from ebay, maybe is too much for the 4blade head. I may put a 3600KV i have in my parts.

It seems easy to repair the fuse, nothing big and man has everything inside as the retail package, i feel lucky.

I'll be happy if i find you a good deal for EC-145 my friend its very nice fuse.

BTW, i just saw this sale which is very good if anyone interested, both 2801PRO TX and 8CH RX (not 3axis) for $99!!! I bought one RX like that for $35 last month. which was a good price.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=10997

"An apple falls under the apple tree" and with what you mentioned about him I'm sure your son will be happy with the loft/bed. Not to mention the man cave feeling that most of us like. Ii've built one for my son also when he was like yours cause the room was very small and this way the space was doubled.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

With our economy so bad here in the States I’m glad I’m am busy at work and still have a job. A few of my friends are out of work and are having a hard time finding a job.

Alex I see that Walkera has the RX2702V mounted upright and is located in the normal gyro position on a 450. Is there an advantage to mount it the way you decided to do it?

I’ll be waiting to hear your report on your finished setup. When I build the Apache with the multi rotor head, I think I’m going to take your advice and try a low kv setup.

Not as happy as I will be if you find me a good deal on a EC-145 fuse.

The bed build is taking more time than I thought to build and is costing more than I thought it would, which is killing any extra hobby money I would have, but so far he is super excited about it and that make it sooo worth doing. I even added a slide on the side of the Bed. I’ll post some pictures when I get it finish.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With our economy so bad here in the States I’m glad I’m am busy at work and still have a job. A few of my friends are out of work and are having a hard time finding a job.

Alex I see that Walkera has the RX2702V mounted upright and is located in the normal gyro position on a 450. Is there an advantage to mount it the way you decided to do it?

I’ll be waiting to hear your report on your finished setup. When I build the Apache with the multi rotor head, I think I’m going to take your advice and try a low kv setup.

Not as happy as I will be if you find me a good deal on a EC-145 fuse.

The bed build is taking more time than I thought to build and is costing more than I thought it would, which is killing any extra hobby money I would have, but so far he is super excited about it and that make it sooo worth doing. I even added a slide on the side of the Bed. I’ll post some pictures when I get it finish.
Yeah, the economy at this time sucks. Announced unemployment is at 17% but it realy is around 30%. We now have almost every week new measures announced. The problem with those measures is they push the economy in deep depression as they vanish any money that can be used in the market from the people.
From statistics now 1 of 4 Greeks cannot pay the measures till now (cause more are coming and 3/4 will not have the ability to pay) and having people not able to buy goods for what economy they talk about. This is a dead end way.

The 450 Sport has no level plate at the back of the frame as the other models, instead it has a gyro mount plate like Trex 250. I decided to put it upside down cause this way i will have easy access to the switches and trimming pots. If i was placing it the normal way it would be difficult to access the switches and pots. With this receiver there is no problem with placing it my way as there are gyro reverse switches for all axis.

I have not put blades on the head yet, i mostly worked on leveling swash, learning how the head phasing works and best for me placement of the receiver.
Also changed the plastic main shaft bearing holders with metal ones and mounted RCX 40A ESC.
Next step will be to level the blade grips. I'm going slowly as i dont have much free time now and is the first time i'm messing with multi blade head. After first test i may also try the lower KV motor, logic says to do so but i want to test it with this motor as it is already mounted and then compare the performance.

I was hoping to go at a flying field on Sunday and test my 250FBL and 450 (if it will be ready for testing) but as i see now weather forecast mentions there will be stormy conditions.

BTW, Hobbyking opened a local store front in Athens Greece (also in other cities allover the world) but i think they dont have to expect too much here with the crisis.
Prices are enough higher than buying and shipped directly from HK but lower from other local shops that for example were selling HK250GT for $120! when i bought it $29 from HK.
For example http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10901 costs $78 with shipping directly from HK and 85 euros (around $113 today) from Athens Store Front.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
Yeah, the economy at this time sucks. Announced unemployment is at 17% but it realy is around 30%. We now have almost every week new measures announced. The problem with those measures is they push the economy in deep depression as they vanish any money that can be used in the market from the people.
From statistics now 1 of 4 Greeks cannot pay the measures till now (cause more are coming and 3/4 will not have the ability to pay) and having people not able to buy goods for what economy they talk about. This is a dead end way.

The 450 Sport has no level plate at the back of the frame as the other models, instead it has a gyro mount plate like Trex 250. I decided to put it upside down cause this way i will have easy access to the switches and trimming pots. If i was placing it the normal way it would be difficult to access the switches and pots. With this receiver there is no problem with placing it my way as there are gyro reverse switches for all axis.

I have not put blades on the head yet, i mostly worked on leveling swash, learning how the head phasing works and best for me placement of the receiver.
Also changed the plastic main shaft bearing holders with metal ones and mounted RCX 40A ESC.
Next step will be to level the blade grips. I'm going slowly as i dont have much free time now and is the first time i'm messing with multi blade head. After first test i may also try the lower KV motor, logic says to do so but i want to test it with this motor as it is already mounted and then compare the performance.

I was hoping to go at a flying field on Sunday and test my 250FBL and 450 (if it will be ready for testing) but as i see now weather forecast mentions there will be stormy conditions.

BTW, Hobbyking opened a local store front in Athens Greece (also in other cities allover the world) but i think they dont have to expect too much here with the crisis.
Prices are enough higher than buying and shipped directly from HK but lower from other local shops that for example were selling HK250GT for $120! when i bought it $29 from HK.
For example http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10901 costs $78 with shipping directly from HK and 85 euros (around $113 today) from Athens Store Front.

Sorry to hear about the unemployment rates in Greece Alex. The unemployment rate here in the states as of September was 9.10%, which is about the same as last month. I think they said that’s around 14 million people out of work. I knew other parts of the world were in bad shape, but I had no idea it was that bad in Greece. It’s really sad and scary to hear this kind of news.

Sorry Bud, I looked at your pictures of the your build and knew it was a Sport, but just wasn’t thinking…my bad. I thought you chosen the location because it would increase performance of the 3axis system. I see now you really didn’t have many mounting options.

Glad to hear the build is coming along and I understand about taking your time. After all, the build is sometimes the funniest part. Are you going to use the 4000kv motor at first or did you decide to go with the 3600kv motor? I got my finger cross for you Bud and hope the weather is good so you can get some flying in this weekend.

We actually have a HobbyKing Store front here in Virginia too, but it’s in Clarksville which is about three hours away from me in the middle of nowhere so unfortunately I wont be going there anytime soon. lol! The US warehouse really doesn’t have much of a inventory, but it is okay for ordering some batteries. Yep it's sad, but for me it’s still paying big time shipping and waiting three weeks for my oversea HK orders to come.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finally got the Bed done Alex, it was a pain in the butt, but well worth it. I polyurethane it yesterday when I got home from work so hopefully it will be dry enough to bring in the house and setup today. I’ll take a picture tonight of the finish product to show you and hear what you think. Here’s a few pictures of the Bed as it was being built.

Now that the bed is done I can get back to messing around with my helicopters. I’ve been going through some serious withdrawals. I still need to change out the ESC and pinion in the md500 and I still have some issues with the fbl fp king build that I need to work out, but I think I’m going to put them on the back burner for now and start the multi rotor head 250 build. I have had all the Walkera and GT250 parts for awhile now that I need to build it, so it just a matter of making the time to do it.

Alex I did have a little time last week to do a quick small mod to one of my Honey Bee V1s and think you will get a kick out of it. I added two CP3 DD setups on the side of the Bird to give it a little extra thrust in forward flight. Just me being me and having fun playing around.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0041 (640x480).jpg
Views:	460
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	258730   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0034 (640x480).jpg
Views:	385
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	258731   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0036 (640x480).jpg
Views:	345
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	258732   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0033 (640x480).jpg
Views:	475
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	258733   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0047 (640x480).jpg
Views:	403
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	258734  

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0050 (640x480).jpg
Views:	407
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	258735   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0063 (640x480).jpg
Views:	447
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	258736   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0074 (640x480).jpg
Views:	438
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	258737   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_1002ethanlilly0075 (640x480).jpg
Views:	458
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	258738  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I finally got the Bed done Alex, it was a pain in the butt, but well worth it. I polyurethane it yesterday when I got home from work so hopefully it will be dry enough to bring in the house and setup today. I’ll take a picture tonight of the finish product to show you and hear what you think. Here’s a few pictures of the Bed as it was being built.

Very good job, artistic i would say. Your little buddy got his man cave
The one built for my son was simpler but the idea was still the same.

I even had one for me and my wife when we lived in a small appartment with the two first kids.
Up it was our bed and down were the little beds of the babies.

When i moved to a bigger appartment i moved that also, i was used to it and it was freeing space, now that room is used from my second daughter (21yrs old now) and likes it cause it doubles the space.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Alex I did have a little time last week to do a quick small mod to one of my Honey Bee V1s and think you will get a kick out of it. I added two CP3 DD setups on the side of the Bird to give it a little extra thrust in forward flight. Just me being me and having fun playing around.

My friend this is cool. How you control the two DDs, with the ELEV channel?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the unemployment rates in Greece Alex. The unemployment rate here in the states as of September was 9.10%, which is about the same as last month. I think they said that’s around 14 million people out of work. I knew other parts of the world were in bad shape, but I had no idea it was that bad in Greece. It’s really sad and scary to hear this kind of news.

Sorry Bud, I looked at your pictures of the your build and knew it was a Sport, but just wasn’t thinking…my bad. I thought you chosen the location because it would increase performance of the 3axis system. I see now you really didn’t have many mounting options.

Glad to hear the build is coming along and I understand about taking your time. After all, the build is sometimes the funniest part. Are you going to use the 4000kv motor at first or did you decide to go with the 3600kv motor? I got my finger cross for you Bud and hope the weather is good so you can get some flying in this weekend.

We actually have a HobbyKing Store front here in Virginia too, but it’s in Clarksville which is about three hours away from me in the middle of nowhere so unfortunately I wont be going there anytime soon. lol! The US warehouse really doesn’t have much of a inventory, but it is okay for ordering some batteries. Yep it's sad, but for me it’s still paying big time shipping and waiting three weeks for my oversea HK orders to come.
HH you were in the eye of the cyclon in 2008, now we are. At that time i was cooperating with a US company in the GPS bussines that was shutdown by the crisis.
It is sad to know so many people are unemployed.
Here the rate is increasing month by month, cause as you can understand overtaxing people disappears money from the market, specialy here that the huge percentage is small or personal bussinesses means more closed ones, more people unemploeyed, more money out of the market, a black hole. And the politicians do the opposite from what a baby understands it has to be done.

Unfortunately tommorow will be stormy, the weather is rapidly changing from tonight. So i decided to travel to another city out of Athens were i have a customer i provide computing support to work and bring some money back for the family.
I will start with the 4000KV as it is already mounted and then test the 3600KV. I will propably be back next Thursday from my trip so i hope next weekend i will be able to have a first test.

I also think local HK Storefront as an emergency solution for batteries etc. It is 10 minutes with my bike. I will continue buying from HK, not so frequently now ofcourse.
Hey, you know that you should not throw batteries in your cart when you have also products you need fast.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking about sticking my EXI 450 pro in a Airwolf fuse. What is you guys opinion on the best most economical fuse to get.
I have been looking at this one.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Fuselage-Black

Thanks
Hyd
Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I am thinking about sticking my EXI 450 pro in a Airwolf fuse. What is you guys opinion on the best most economical fuse to get.
I have been looking at this one.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Fuselage-Black

Thanks
Hyd
Check this
http://leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001223431

and others here
http://leaderhobby.com/list.asp?type...&categories=86
Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will the 450 pro fit in these fuse?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

how about this one.

http://www.scaleflying.com/Bell-222-...ize_p_778.html
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I think its the same thing but i like this fuse more in black and for this price and free shipping i would say go for it.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a sneak peek of the fc 450 blade rotor head. The dd 500 fp with the direct drive motor will not swing the 430 mm blades with out getting hot.So i want this for the dd 500 fp and HH 450 fp.More testing needed.I have 335mm mounted in the photo but have 350 mm coming to try out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_5692 2000x1324.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	261107   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5697 2000x1328.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	261108  
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received the 350 mm 450 blades today. Here is a short video. The esc and motor temp is doing ok,but still need to put more time on it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB70vlqozMQ[/ame]
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sounds GREAT with that DD and those blades!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vey well done, agree on the sound, is great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in