Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Car and Truck Info and Support > Gas & Glow > Monster Trucks

Monster Trucks Monster Trucks On and Off-Road

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HPI Savage 5.9,Tmaxx,Slayer 4x4 Pro,Revo, Nothing With Stock Engines

Well, looking at the board, it appears that no one has any interest in the nitro truck play in a couple of years. NOT!! I do. So I guess it`s gona be up to me to just maybe stir up a little.
Yes,..I do fly helis and like them a lot,; to a point that I own several Blade 450`s and 300 x`s that I have customized out and just wreak havoc with them.
But there comes a time when it just makes since to put down the DX6i and pick up a radio with a "steering" wheel and go terrorize the neighbors ...dog ,cat ,kids or whom ever may be in the line of fire.
A little about me..been on the Freak forum for many years...I`m in the old farts club...yeah..60 this year...but, I play hard like the kids do except with higher priced toys.
I just love the smell of nitro burning as my trucks go blasting past at all but incredible speeds. The light blue haze of smoke telling me that all is well.. And last but not least....the loud noise of the exhaust as they scream into the distance.
All well and good..but I lack sharing all the knowledge that I have acquired over the years of racing,bashing and just having a great time with these little money pits,
All of my trucks are upgraded. Some with special transmissions , rear ends, steering and most of all HUGH ENGINES!!
I have tried so many different combo`s that now, all of them are dialed in where I want `em , and all do or are set up for different usages.

So, if you want to just shoot the sh@% or go over some kind of problem....look me up here or p.m. me anytime...I`ll be checking back regularly to see whats up,

Till then.. Happy Motoring , Flying, or whatever makes you get out there and have fun.

Mr. D 4511
or as the wife calls me...Steve....dinners ready !!
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2017, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!
I have the same thoughts and feelings! I also own some nitro trucks - Revo, T-Maxx and Savage XL and love to go dirty with them when I have enough of crashing and excersising new aerobatics with helis.
Mine are stock for now but there are some plans for every one of them.
I do have some question.
What do you think about reverse gear on savage XL? I find it really useful in Revo and T-Maxx but I've heard that in Savage it's not a good idea - that it won't work for long.
Second thing;
I wish to extend a T-Maxx. Right now it's 4908 version, probably. Do I have to forget about reverse gear like in savage?
I mean - I have read that the longer version has the 2-speed tranny only and like I stated above, I don't like that fact .

All of mine trucks were bought used. It was a lot of fun to make them work as they supposed to and thats the begginig only

Well that's all for now. Thanks for any clues.
Regards!
PanByku is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in