Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are going to use a wiring adapter to connect your gov sensor to the Ikon this is what to look for. It already has the + and - wires swapped. I'm going to use this to get my setup done then crimp on a servo plug. Probably other sources for an adapter but this is the one I found.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/jst-zhr-...82%29-eflra100
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
If you are going to use a wiring adapter to connect your gov sensor to the Ikon this is what to look for. It already has the + and - wires swapped. I'm going to use this to get my setup done then crimp on a servo plug. Probably other sources for an adapter but this is the one I found.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/jst-zhr-...82%29-eflra100
Thank you so much for this, saves me the trouble finding one.
AdrianXD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwht View Post
The BK servos are HV capable, so you can run a straight 2S lipo, no need for the regulator. You'll need to come up with a harness that goes from the battery connector to at least 2 servo plugs, a single servo plug can't handle the current draw required for the BK servos - the plug tops out at 5A continuous.

All my nitros just run a straight receiver pack.
can you please share pictures of your set up? I want to see a nitro running a straight receiver pack also what are igniter are you using for your nitro?
AdrianXD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXD View Post
can you please share pictures of your set up? I want to see a nitro running a straight receiver pack also what are igniter are you using for your nitro?
Sure, I think you can see just about everything in this pic. Vbar is on top of the ignitor - protek truglow. Not sure they make that currently, I heard they had some supplier issues. The black box you can see in the round cutout is the spartan power bus - it has 2 servo leads coming out of it and into the vbar. Other side of the box has 2 servo ports and the wires I plug the 2s lipo into. Wiring is kinda messy but it gets the job done.

When I have a battery on it I use the velcro hanging off the front to hold the plugs in place and keep the wires from flopping everywhere.

My N7s have a similar setup, just with a vbar neo instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170527_113517.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	709100  
Old 08-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXD View Post
This is my 700n that's been slowly updated after each crash. I now run an fl head the same as the 700x. I run direct 2s into my vbar and switch glo pro.

You may notice I currently have 3 lines coming from my battery, 2 directly into the vbar and the third one directly powering the switch glo, this was just an old harness from a previous wiring job when I had a seperate receiver onboard. This set up is about to change though because of my last incident, evidence can been seen in the pics! I am now going to install a pin flag switch (http://www.boomarc.com/en/hidden-bal...-with-pin-flag) so the main battery terminal is secured for the day and not being plugged and unplugged after each flight. With this switch I will be running both feed lines to vbar and plugging the switch glo power back into the vbar as well, much neater setup.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	718290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	718291   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	718292   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	718293  
nightrider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in