Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First Compass Heli!

Hey all! I'm stoked here as I just bought my first Compass heli.
Bought a used Warp 360 V1. I've always been impressed with the Compass line of helis (never seen one in real life yet, lol).
I'll be skimming through the Warp forum, but any advice with this bird would be awesome.
It will be coming with a Hawk-RC tail case, but it's not installed yet, so not sure if I'll just leave in the stock one or not.
This is going to replace my tired old Blade 450 3D.
Cheers!
Chris
Oxy4 Max, Spartan VX1e
, iCharger w/LiFePO4, DX8 G2, AccuRC
CFerry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFerry View Post
Hey all! I'm stoked here as I just bought my first Compass heli.
Bought a used Warp 360 V1. I've always been impressed with the Compass line of helis (never seen one in real life yet, lol).
I'll be skimming through the Warp forum, but any advice with this bird would be awesome.
It will be coming with a Hawk-RC tail case, but it's not installed yet, so not sure if I'll just leave in the stock one or not.
This is going to replace my tired old Blade 450 3D.
Cheers!
Chris
Enjoy, Chris!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

CFerry,

Welcome!

There are quite a few of us here who will be happy to answer any questions for you.

I have upgraded a Warp V-1 to a Warp V-2, so I am familiar with the process. Compass is constantly working to improve their models so there were quite a few changes.

The boom has been changed several times: first to increase the wall thickness and then to reduce the length very slightly to accommodate the optional, 19 tooth (larger) tail pulley. The thicker boom is a good idea as it is quite a bit sturdier.

The tail bellcrank mount has been changed twice. The first version was plastic, the second aluminum, the third was machined delrin. The second or third versions are much stronger than the first version and either should be used.

I think the consensus was that the stock tail was more robust than the Hawk version (I am sure others will post their thoughts on this). The V-1 tail case sides are CF. The V-2 case sides are aluminum-you definitely want the aluminum ones. I epoxy the bearings into the tail case sides.

When the V-2 came out, a brace was added between the two idler pulleys for the tail belt. This is not necessary if the tail belt tension is set correctly (i.e. as loose as possible on the bench without the tail belt skipping when the tail rotor is held with one hand while you attempt to turn the head GENTLY with the other). If you pull the belt tight like a guitar string (not a good idea) you will need the brace.

The tail grips on the V-2 are slightly heavier/thicker. I used the first and second versions with no problems.

The motor on the V-1 was noisy on spool up-this was corrected by changes to the motor can.

There is a replacement canopy mounting tongue that is a bit longer than the stock version. This allows you to mount the canopy a bit further forward which helps with getting a good CG.

One of the nice things about the Warp is that it resists wear. With periodic lubrication it will go for a very long time without having to replace parts due to wear an tear.

That is all I can think of for the time being. I am sure that more of will chime in.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah Clem,

Thank you for those tips on v2 vs v1. That gives me a great start on what to look at. It feels great to know there is help, especially if I run into problems.
This is one thing I love about this hobby.....the great community.

I think I have a problem though as I'm constantly checking Canada Post tracking........even though expected delivery isn't till Monday
Chris
Oxy4 Max, Spartan VX1e
Old 03-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFerry View Post
Ah Clem,

Thank you for those tips on v2 vs v1. That gives me a great start on what to look at. It feels great to know there is help, especially if I run into problems.
This is one thing I love about this hobby.....the great community.

I think I have a problem though as I'm constantly checking Canada Post tracking........even though expected delivery isn't till Monday
Chris

I do the same thing. Once in a while you get lucky,at least here in the U.S.. My last two packages scheduled for Monday delivery arrived on Friday

You should be happy with the Warp. My friend went from a Blade 450x to a Warp 360 and it was love at first flight!! Compass has a pretty strong following here in Michigan and everyone I've met that owns one loves theirs and ends up buying another one.

Had the pleasure of watching a Chronos fly at the field and was thoroughly impressed with how smooth it sounded and how well it flew. Someone flew a Trex 700 right afterwards and it made some scary sounding noises in comparison.

Both were smacked around equally hard but the Trex squealed for mercy a few times while the Chronos said "Is that all you got punk?"

Congrats on your new machine
Old 03-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeh , your going to love the Warp !
They really do fly 'big' compared to other Helis in the same class. After buying a used one , I'd placed an order for a second new kit before my Packs had time to cool.
No need to be looking for third party upgrades , Compass do that for us if anything needs improving on which earlier posts do outline.
I'm about to build an eXo which I can see is going to take everything I love about the Warp to the next level.
Enjoy !!
eXo BD3SX Torq/BK HW ,Warp-Spirit/GeoLink MKS , #2 Warp-Spirit KST. iX12
Van Scott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post

Had the pleasure of watching a Chronos fly at the field and was thoroughly impressed with how smooth it sounded and how well it flew. Someone flew a Trex 700 right afterwards and it made some scary sounding noises in comparison.

Both were smacked around equally hard but the Trex squealed for mercy a few times while the Chronos said "Is that all you got punk?"

Congrats on your new machine
Too funny. I love my Trex 550, but if I`d love the opportunity to see a Chronos irl.
Oxy4 Max, Spartan VX1e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in