Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Sometimes just flattening out the tip of the screwdriver with a file helps it grip better, just barely file it so the tip isn't a sharp point.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing thanks. Getting some of those screws back in proved to be a challenge though!

Of course I broke a swash plate ball when I went to test fly it because it tipped over on the carpet.
Flesher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesher View Post
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing thanks. Getting some of those screws back in proved to be a challenge though!

Of course I broke a swash plate ball when I went to test fly it because it tipped over on the carpet.
Those screws are a pain in the arse to get back in..lol I keep a magnet on the end of my little screwdrivers while they are in the tool box, it helps alot.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Those screws are a pain in the arse to get back in..lol I keep a magnet on the end of my little screwdrivers while they are in the tool box, it helps alot.
Good idea, I was trying to magnetize my screwdriver but it only helped a little. Back to the hobby shop I go! Thanks again man.
Flesher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesher View Post
Good idea, I was trying to magnetize my screwdriver but it only helped a little. Back to the hobby shop I go! Thanks again man.
If I have them out for along time they do lose there magnetism, I usually take the magnet with me while I'm working on the heli and just set the screwdriver on the magnet when I set it down.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont have as many flight but it does shake so I'm going to give it a shot. What are you talking about those are great pics!
Olyyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #386 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good to hear this thread is still helping people
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #387 (permalink)

Yeah but I can't read 39 pages to solve a problem with a part I cannot see.

Does cleaning the servo pots solve the "shakes"?

Mine has done it on and off since day one.
Feeback is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeback View Post
Yeah but I can't read 39 pages to solve a problem with a part I cannot see.

Does cleaning the servo pots solve the "shakes"?

Mine has done it on and off since day one.
There are a boat load of reasons the mcpx can have the shakes, I hate to say it but the best thing to do is read all the mcpx stickies.

I could give you a partial list of causes but you would be guessing which one is the cause of your shake.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head..

Main gear not aligned with the flat spot on the main shaft
Blades too tight or too loose
Bent feathering shaft
Loose screws in the main shaft
Cracked main shaft
Dirty or dry main shaft bearings

Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing a have found many times even on pretty new mCPx's is loose swash plates causing this put on a good quilty swash and all is good. If when you power up the heli and the servo's gitter it is a canidate for servo cleaning if not look at the swash. Installing gromets is a must know matter what.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cured a case of the shakes today with rotor head dampers on the blade grip balls. These are too big for the balls on the inner and outer swash, but they work great on the blade grips! Also, this gives me a use for all the spare dampers I have accumulated from buying new feathering spindles.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have waded through about 25 of these 40 pages, and did not see what I experienced. So if it has been mentioned before, my apologies for the repeat. After cleaning all 3 servos, and flying great for awhile, the shakes returned. When looking very carefully, I noticed more slop with my elevator servo gear (on the bottom), compared to the other two.

When I took it apart, the balls in the bearing race above the servo gear where missing! A new servo put me back in the cat's seat. Smooth as silk again.

Last edited by Toys4me; 07-12-2012 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: I said posts, and meant pages
Toys4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem and wiped of one servo connection plate and it seemed to help for a second but the shake came right back. I have a microheli red CNC aluminum swashplate and the the Servo rods were a little loose resulting in mid flight shake, more than a vibration. I took a rubber grommet that holds the canopy to the body and cut it in half to get two small grommets. I then put the rubber grommet on the swashplate ball that connects the servo rod to the swashplate. This created a tight servo and all shake was gone.
Beauburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

as always this site is an invaluable resource! Devolped a shake, read through much of this thread. Before I took apart and cleaned the servo's decided to do some of the less labor intesive fixes...

spun main gear. straitened on the shaft, smooth as silk once again

I am only a causual flier, but i really enjoy it and am making small strides everytime i put her up in the air and I can honestly say that withouth this web site i would have given up in frustration long ago. much sincere thanks to all those who take the time to post and help others throught the day to day stuff
Ratvader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was being plagued by a real bad shake in the beginning of my flight and when I passed zero pitch. It was like a wet hound dog shaking water off his coat. Drove me crazy. Did stuff like clean servos and straighten servo arms to no avail.

I re-shimmed the rotor head. Now the main grip bearings are slightly notchie. But if you slightly pull on the grips and turn them they feel smooth.

Man the mcpx flys 85 percent better now. No shakes. Feels so locked in. AMAZING!!!!!
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail blow out

Is anybody else having the problem with there mcpx v2 when you give it full stick the tail goes wild sometimes begins the wild rotation of death all the way to the earth? I have checked the plug to the board and its tight....Help
drdedtru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #397 (permalink)
Registered Users

no but perhaps look up tail blow out... maybe similar?
Ratvader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #398 (permalink)
Registered Users

I broke the tail servo on my 130x today, so decided to give this a try with the mcpx. Wow! What a difference! I have countless flights on the little bird, probably 150+ since NCcraig made it brushless (props again to you, sir). It was shaking beyond repair by any combo of feathering shafts, main shafts, blades, anything... but this did it. Both strips in each servo were totally disgusting. I'm surprised it flew at all. She's flies like brand new now, and I'm much less bummed about the grounded 130x.
Kevron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #399 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also did this today and completely cleared up my forward flight shakes. Now it's so much more stable. Only had the mcpx for about 3 weeks but i fly about 4 batteries daily.
alexd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #400 (permalink)
Registered Users

Super helpful thanks.
fingerscopters is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in