Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope your maiden goes better than mine did yesterday. Crashed by brand new Vibe E8 before it even left the ground. My FBL had the aileron set backwards and I was putting in left but it was correcting right and it went in immediately after it got light on the skids. I'm so upset right now. It was totally preventable and all my fault. The global search for parts begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
All back together and set up. Just need a day where its not 30 degrees out to have a maiden.

lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Going to be a while it's in the 20s here. Page 3 has a video from 2016.
Wow - colder than here in NH. Agreed - in these temps, it's only worth risking the cheaper helis for practice.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
I hope your maiden goes better than mine did yesterday. Crashed by brand new Vibe E8 before it even left the ground. My FBL had the aileron set backwards and I was putting in left but it was correcting right and it went in immediately after it got light on the skids. I'm so upset right now. It was totally preventable and all my fault. The global search for parts begins.

Bummer sorry to hear that. Always check inputs and compensations before every flight. Sucks you have to learn the easiest lessons the hard way. Been there done that.
OXY rep
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
When any seller gets back to me regarding the parts you need, I will let you know.

I learned the same lesson on my first heli kit, a Gaui X2. I had no idea how vbar setting works at all back then. My X2 was carefully assembled but none of the electronics (aileron/elevator/rudder) was set up correctly. Of course it crashed when I tried to take off. Other than the vbar mini that came with the kit, every component is collecting dust now.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks amphibia. I actually set it up correctly the first time. They problem was I was going back and doing adjustments and flying through the setup menus. I must have made a change and didn't pay attention. I was really eager to fly. I should have checked the compensation before I tried to take off but I didn't. It was a rookie mistake.

More on the topic. Awesome looking heli.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bummer sorry to hear that. Always check inputs and compensations before every flight. Sucks you have to learn the easiest lessons the hard way. Been there done that.
dcflyer, hope you don't mind my nosyness. do you do any club racing? i saw on ur youtube channel some miata club racing footages. you are living my dream life.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:28 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibia View Post
dcflyer, hope you don't mind my nosyness. do you do any club racing? i saw on ur youtube channel some miata club racing footages. you are living my dream life.
Hey no worries. I used to race quite often a number of years ago but not as much anymore. Club racing lots, but trying to break into professional ranks. Later spent a couple years working with IMSA teams in a data / coaching capacity which was a neat experience. Got to go to a lot of different track, meet a lot of really cool people, and drive some really serious machines, but times change and I focused more on career. I do miss it very much, but man, you think heli's are expensive. I could sell all of my machines and empty my bank account in one weekend at that level of racing. Just wasn't realistic after a while. I did get to drive Thunderhill and Thermal last year testing with a few clients of a team I was working with at the time. Was a pretty wild summer. One day I hope to get back into it, but I just can't cut the time for it right now. Heli's have kept my attention and mechanical aptitude busy enough for the time being. A lot of the years of learning proper race car prep / setup transferred over in how I build / set up heli's so I do enjoy being able to still use those skillsets.
OXY rep
Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had decent enough weather today to put the first two flights on the Ito. No issues or dramas. Head has a slight wobble at low rpm (1800rpm) but that is to be expected with rigid Delrin dampeners. At 2050rpm its ultra smooth and locked. After a dozen or so break in flights it should loosen up a bit.

The JR Ito, out of all my machines, feels so precise and razor sharp. Its almost effortless to fly it. Couldn't help but do some light 3D on the 2nd flight. No video, but my gf managed to get a couple of pictures.

Also this time around, i'm using 110mm Radix tail blades instead of 105's. They do clear the 710's.

OXY rep
Old 02-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The JR Ito, out of all my machines, feels so precise and razor sharp. Its almost effortless to fly it. Couldn't help but do some light 3D on the 2nd flight. No video, but my gf managed to get a couple of pictures.

Btw, I just found the OEM canopy manufacturer for JR. They also make canopies for pretty much everyone. They have a few left over blue E12-ITO canopy and the regular red E12 canopy at around 40 dollars. If you are interested. I ordered one already just in case.

here is mine.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting, I could do with a spare canopy.
Can you share the source please?
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

isn't Canomod the OEM for almost all the canopies?
Old 02-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1 View Post
Interesting, I could do with a spare canopy.
Can you share the source please?

sure. Here is the seller's page.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks - I'm hoping they have some E6 550 canopies too.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks.
No Ito canopies left then by the looks of it.
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1 View Post
Thanks.
No Ito canopies left then by the looks of it.
i talked with the seller. He can make a new batch. let me check with him again on the minimum order quantity.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Thanks - I'm hoping they have some E6 550 canopies too.
let me ask him. there is a chance he just didn't upload all the items.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I heard back from the seller.

Good news: the minimal order quantity is 1

Bad news: the price is 500rmb (73dollars). The previous price of 230rpm that I shared with you is for the few stock inventory items only. They have very minor cracks.

Adding an estimated 30dollars of shipping to US/Europe, that will make it about $100.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:18 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice looking heli enjoyed mine.

Last edited by MAJ1C; 07-30-2017 at 05:43 AM..
MAJ1C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3rd party Ito canopy?

Quote:
I heard back from the seller.

Good news: the minimal order quantity is 1

Bad news: the price is 500rmb (73dollars). The previous price of 230rpm that I shared with you is for the few stock inventory items only. They have very minor cracks.

Adding an estimated 30dollars of shipping to US/Europe, that will make it about $100.
Hi,

Is it a 3rd party canopy of the blue ITO canopy? How does it work with ordering?

Thanks.
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Build is finally on the go.

Just about to adjust the back lash on both main gear to pinion and front tail gear box.

Is this usual piece of printer paper being used or do i need thicker?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in