Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
HF Support

Australia's main model,wholesaler also released this - I'd say the writing is clearly on the,wall.

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT: JR PROPO to close their doors?

It is with great sadness that we must report the imminent closure of JR Propo in Japan. OMP has dealt with JR for 38 of the 40 years that the Japanese radio manufacturer has been in business.

JR lost direction after the death of its founding President Mr Yamazaki and has been hard hit recently with the sudden and massive decline in the RC Heli market and rise in Japanese business costs. There are rumours of an offer from a 3rd party to buy JR but those talks appear to have stalled. This is certainly a sad day for the RC Industry.

What does this mean for the thousands of JR customers in Australia ?

OMP has VERY good stocks of JR receivers and spare parts and a reasonable supply of JR servos so we will be able to satisfy demand for quite some time. All JR warranty claims will be honoured by OMP, and we are working with a Japanese company who appear to be willing to take over the repair of JR radios.

Life will go on much as normal, with the exception of no new JR radio sets being available.

We thank those many loyal JR customers who have supported the brand since we first started selling it in 1978. Your support helped make JR the number one radio brand in Australia for most of the 80's and all of the 90's.

We have some exciting news in early 2017 so stay tuned.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

FWIW, I checked with JR Americas today and their reply is below. Keeping the fingers crossed, though JR Propo should be doing a better job keeping their distributors informed of production progress:

"Thank you for contacting JR Americas. As the North and South American distributor for JR products, I can tell you that the rumors about JR's demise have been grossly exaggerated. JR is not doing any new development of helicopters at this time, but parts will still be available. However, JR is in the process of moving their production facility and as they move there is a bit of a production delay. Parts should be made available in the next few months as they are able to produce many of the now out of stock items, but unfortunately I do not have an ETA beyond that."
Old 12-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

That and the post by that hobby company has also been taken down. Seems someone must have not checked into things before it was posted
Old 12-11-2016, 02:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think JR is going to close down but I do think they'll likely never return to hobby RC. Hobby stuff probably doesn;t have the profit margin they want. Remember that JR has a hand in the Yamaha Rmax so they've been doing industrial stuff for some time now.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I don't think JR is going to close down but I do think they'll likely never return to hobby RC. Hobby stuff probably doesn;t have the profit margin they want. Remember that JR has a hand in the Yamaha Rmax so they've been doing industrial stuff for some time now.

Radios and servos are not effected!
Only new heli production has been axed.
It's well known that JR has made high quality airframes for years. Unfortunately they have made little profit in that devision.

You will see us JR team guys out there next year. Just like this year and the years past.
Scorpion Motors
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

Guys, whom do you trust more?!
The producer will tell you any jerk to keep his reputation.
The point is that main distributors of JR in it's main markets (Japan and Australia) refused to order ALL JR products any more (including servos and radios).
Until fixed ETA for restock is given and fulfilled properly, JR is dead for hobby market.

And yes, hobby is not a thing where you earn. It is like science. You earn somewhere else and spend in science and hobby to get long term development.
Outrage is dead, Skookum is dead, JR is dead, Thunder Tiger is almost dead. Who's next?!
Tigron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I don't trust what anyone says really. Bottom line is when JR shuts its doors then it is dead. They have not done that. Just because Rc Japan quit selling doesn't mean much. I am really surprised that more companies don't stop doing business with them. They hurt a lot of dealers and that is for a lot of companies. Yes they are good for the consumer tho that is for sure. Heck I can buy a nitro engine for $200 less than I can here. Nice but bad for hobbyshops here. The small price tag gets by taxes big time. But at a cost elsewhere.

As far as the Australian store they said they have a lot of stuff. Also JR called them and told them they weren't closing. I know this part for sure about them calling.

So until the horses mouth says so they are not closed. I am not picking a side here just saying. Done is done when they say no matter what anyone else says
Old 03-31-2017, 02:11 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
Well I don't trust what anyone says really. Bottom line is when JR shuts its doors then it is dead. They have not done that. Just because Rc Japan quit selling doesn't mean much. I am really surprised that more companies don't stop doing business with them. They hurt a lot of dealers and that is for a lot of companies. Yes they are good for the consumer tho that is for sure. Heck I can buy a nitro engine for $200 less than I can here. Nice but bad for hobbyshops here. The small price tag gets by taxes big time. But at a cost elsewhere.

As far as the Australian store they said they have a lot of stuff. Also JR called them and told them they weren't closing. I know this part for sure about them calling.

So until the horses mouth says so they are not closed. I am not picking a side here just saying. Done is done when they say no matter what anyone else says

So does the announcement made by RC-Depot today make any differnce to your views? It hasn't come from JR becuase there's no one left there to make the announcement.........

https://www.facebook.com/depot.rc/po...90940903526482

I for one am directly impacted by today's announcement that there will be no support for my JR Sylphides, which now have no resale value.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:36 AM   #69 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'll now have to attempt to offload 2 or 3 JR helicopters.

My two everyday helicopters are now both Hirobo. All I can say is support Hirobo and whatever you do don't buy any of the Chinese or Taiwanesse brands, they are the problem.
anon7906555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 10:30 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who is the US distributor that RC Depot is working with? Is that JR Americas?

(Edit) Contacted JR Americas today and Chris indicated they are still the US distributor.

Last edited by OrbitalGolem; 03-31-2017 at 06:31 PM..
OrbitalGolem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

If anyone has a Vibe 50 NEX FBL for sale, please PM me. Looking for parts machines/kits.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 03:18 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Too bad to be true

I am also upset about this situation with JR and the new post from RC Depot, because last year I decided to build a Sylphide E12 to start for this season. Now it is grounded before it has been maidened because I am not sure and affraid of the spare parts supply.

I think many FAI F3C pilots are impacted since the Sylphide was long time the flagship of JR and dominating in F3C competitions, very much the case in Japanese F3C competitions.

So it is really too bad to be true, that Sylphide will no longer be supported.

I still keep a little hope alive that the latest news from RC Depot only speaks for their side only. And that there would be another way to save the Sylphide line, e.g. a similar company like RC Depot, or a company like Quest which bought and saved the ultimate Kyosho Calibe 90 (and it is still alive till date).

But to be honest, I am rather pesimistic for this. Even RC Depot said that they will not produce new kits, only spare parts. It means, they could also stop the spare parts production at any time convenient. The JR policy was anyway to support the products 3 years after discontinue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhelidude View Post
So does the announcement made by RC-Depot today make any differnce to your views? It hasn't come from JR becuase there's no one left there to make the announcement.........

https://www.facebook.com/depot.rc/po...90940903526482

I for one am directly impacted by today's announcement that there will be no support for my JR Sylphides, which now have no resale value.
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

The link on RC Depot Facebook is taken out...
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Batavia View Post
The link on RC Depot Facebook is taken out...
I didn't get the chance to read the original RC Depot post - would somebody mind summarizing what it said?

Last edited by ACITceva; 04-03-2017 at 10:30 AM..
ACITceva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 04:26 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
I didn't get the chance to read the original RC Deport post - would somebody mind summarizing what it said?
In reference to JR Helicopters - RC Depot have an arrangement for Forza 700, Forza 450 and E6-550 parts manufacture and will manage the distribution to previous JR importers. There will be no more parts for any other model except for what they received from JR that was stock on hand at the time they closed their doors. There will be no kits available.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhelidude View Post
In reference to JR Helicopters - RC Depot have an arrangement for Forza 700, Forza 450 and E6-550 parts manufacture and will manage the distribution to previous JR importers. There will be no more parts for any other model except for what they received from JR that was stock on hand at the time they closed their doors. There will be no kits available.
Wow, that sucks. What's the status of JR Radios and Servos?
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Batavia View Post
I am also upset about this situation with JR and the new post from RC Depot, because last year I decided to build a Sylphide E12 to start for this season. Now it is grounded before it has been maidened because I am not sure and affraid of the spare parts supply.
Yeah, I got my first JR just last year (E8 Leggero). I really enjoyed the build and it flies great. So it's a real unexpected punch in the gut to think no spares will be available.

If I had known that at the time it's hard to say for sure if I would have decided not to buy it because I was really jazzed about it at the time. But now it's sitting on my shelf, still brand new really, and I'm wondering if I should just fly it till something wears out that can't be replaced or try to sell it to someone that is more intent on keeping theirs flying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060077-cropsm.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	701730  
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

trillian, I hear ya. I decided to stock up on a backup airframe for my E8 plus a bunch of crash parts. It was difficult to find the parts and I had to order from all over the world.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
trillian, I hear ya. I decided to stock up on a backup airframe for my E8 plus a bunch of crash parts. It was difficult to find the parts and I had to order from all over the world.
Yeah that would be the other tactic, to just gather spares now. I have done that with other helis though and have become really invested in a few brands and I'm reluctant to do that again. What generally happens is that some owners will want to just stockpile spares and some will want to sell off everything, so there will be a bit of airframes and parts changing hands in the short term.

As I have the three blade version it has a niche in my heli fleet as the only three blade 600. Hmmm, I'll have to think about it seriously. I think I'm going to convert it to 12s and then see how much I end up flying it vs the 700s.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same heli you do with the 3 bladed head and the JR 600mm blades. 600mm 3 blade sets are very difficult to find so I fitted the 2 bladed head on mine for now. I know MS blades will match me a set but their blades are not the best. SAB has a 540mm and a 640mm set but the 640s are too long for the E8 and 540s are too short.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in