Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I LOVE my 450 pro dfc! You will enjoy flying it!
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just need to work out the small issues.

The umbrella gear slipping on the shaft was a surprise. When did it happen? Didnt notice any tail issues though i wasnt pushing it so guessing if i did a pitch pump the tail would have blown...

Hoping i have a spare in the box that i can put ol. The shaft
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the front TT gears sorted. it wasnt the umbrella gear that was slipping it was the normal gear thats driven of the auto rotation gear.

I had to play with the gears spacing on the shaft to get a good mesh with both the autoration gear and the umbrella gears, ended up having to use a shim aswell as moving the gears created a space between the bearings and it would mess up the mesh.

Now that its all back together the tail is smooth, so turns out it wasnt the umbrella gear bearing , must have been rubbing on the gear case.

I think the only remaining place of vibes is the main motor, its pretty noisy turning by hand. Not worth changing the bearings as its a cheap motor £7 , new bearings would probably cost more than the motor.

ill still fly it for a while as theres plenty life left. just a bit noisy
Old 03-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a question about cyclic and collective zyx-s setup.

is there geometry issues with the 450? To get 12 degrees i have collective all the way down at 40.

Cyclic i have at 80 which is strange. i dont know how much pitch it is as i dont have a pitch guage. I used vbar software to calculate collective pitch.

cyclic the zyx-s just says adjust pitch and roll for no binding. i dont have binding but its high ciompared to collective, cyclic roll and pitch are both at there defaults. 80. no binding at low or high collective.

ive only teest hovered, and went back and forward a few times seems to fly fine. my agility is at 35 and gains at 40.

im used to a bar so. the gains im at seem low compared to a bar. 40 is what i have for my 250 with a bar but then the zyx-s is not a bar.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hk 450 pro

Changing my old hk over to fbl, doing the same things you have done, installing fbl head and k-bar now
cschmidt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
i have a question about cyclic and collective zyx-s setup.

is there geometry issues with the 450? To get 12 degrees i have collective all the way down at 40.

Cyclic i have at 80 which is strange. i dont know how much pitch it is as i dont have a pitch guage. I used vbar software to calculate collective pitch.

cyclic the zyx-s just says adjust pitch and roll for no binding. i dont have binding but its high ciompared to collective, cyclic roll and pitch are both at there defaults. 80. no binding at low or high collective.

ive only teest hovered, and went back and forward a few times seems to fly fine. my agility is at 35 and gains at 40.

im used to a bar so. the gains im at seem low compared to a bar. 40 is what i have for my 250 with a bar but then the zyx-s is not a bar.
if possible ditch the zyx, and get an Ikon,3digi, or vbar.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

i really like the zyx-s. I already bought the sat cable and just recieved a diversity satilite to replace the tempory orangerx 610 i had on it that i dont really trust the range on.

But i do plan to change it for something else. either a bar or if i have the money maybe something a bit more that had rescue (not that id probably need it as im usually very carefull on what i try IRL)

was thinking of putting the zyx-s on my 250 if it will fit decased. i have feeling the zyx performs better on the 250 (basing it on the copterx gyro i did have on which was apparently a zyx clone)

I do have one thing to try, it looks like the zyx is mounted on its stock foam which seems a bit soft. i have move the gyro and wondering if thats whats making it want to tipover on spool up .

anyway heres a video

450 flying at the field (2 min 0 sec)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ready to be pushed a bit more?

Ive checked over my 450 and cant see anything obviouse issues. no backed out screws. featheringshaft still seems tight. TT gears look good etc.

does it look like its ready to be kicked into idle up 1? my only worry is the esc soft start isnt really soft , it still kicks and that if i kick up a n otch on throttle its going to strip a TT gear. I have 2 idle ups so its not going from the tame normal to full, idle up 2 is still not 100% so im hoping its a step up without being not too much.

im still quite inexperienced and while i can do flips and rolls. my piro hovers still need practice and have a tail let go on me would probably result in a crash.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not much progress on the 450 due to issues with using a lemon rx diversity sat and the zyx-s. no matter what i tried didnt work not even binding with a seperate reciever and then putting back to the zyx

Just recieved a bar which works fine with sat, just need to set it up, only had time to test and had issues getting a mode that didnt produce antenna switches every 2 seconds in the log.

i had the same issue on my 250 with a non diversity lemon sat, had to use spectrum digital centre mode and it went away but from memory it would not bind in DSMX mode only DSM2
Old 03-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Braved the wind to test out 450 with BAR and diversity sat.

Range test impressed me, i got 50 steps away from the heli with it nose in and no signal loss, not even tempramental seemed pretty solid.

Didnt last long in the wind, not sure if my gains are low, not enough agility or headspeed it just too low for high winds but it did not feel stable at all and i was worried i wouldnt get it back down in 1

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3voe_Y0-0"]Trex 450 @ Fannyside Road - YouTube[/ame]
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good
Old 03-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reupload with image stabilsation (it only took me half a day to figure the damn deshake thing out!!)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmBX08hNks"]Trex 450 at fannyside road (reupload - YouTube[/ame]

disapointed i didnt get to fly more but it really was not stable at all in the wind. But better to call it quits and come back with a heli in 1 piece.

Turns out i had forgotten to change my normal curve back to a flat +75. I had changed it to linear when i swapped out the zyx to a bar so i get adjust subtrim and endpoints so the BAR was seeing the right values.

So its more than likely i just had too low headspeed, as hovering stick position could well have been lower than +75.

+75 might still be a bit low so i bumped up all 3 flight modes. 80, 90 and 100.

confirmed that the esc softtart doesnt work. i accidentally disabled TH in idle up, you can see how fast it spun up and thats esc set to soft start.....

I might see if i can create a special mixer in deviation that allows a slow ramp up.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

very nice field

I'm looking for something like that, away from people.

Currently use a small park, and people tend to walk to close to the heli. I tend to wait till no one is around then I fly.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
very nice field

I'm looking for something like that, away from people.

Currently use a small park, and people tend to walk to close to the heli. I tend to wait till no one is around then I fly.
the 250 im not so botherd about flying in my other spots, its easy enough to get out the way and get landed. the 450 gets really iffy.

the only issue with that field i was flying at is the land is all boggy ground, infact it might even be pete bogs. i dont fancy trying to recover a heli after a crash in there especially after rain.

Still looking for the perfect site but it seems like its all farm land with very few fields that i could use with parking right by them

im looking at getting something slightly bigger, probably an align 470lp when i can afford it and have the 450 up and running doing 3d.

i think once i get that ill just have to join the local flying club even though its fixed wing flying rules for helicopters and just bust out the 3d somewhere else
Old 03-23-2017, 12:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I get similar issues. Also my local flying club is the same all plankers.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
yeah I get similar issues. Also my local flying club is the same all plankers.
there are some heli pilots and they do have a helicopter hovering area but its mainly planes.

there is a helicopter club a little furhter out but its only on a sundays, which is no good for me since im a freelancer working music venues.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

flying

[ame="https://youtu.be/TKpAFFUodrI"]Trex 450 at Fannyside Moore - YouTube[/ame]
Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame="https://youtu.be/ObJHBx29Q8A"]250 & 450 summer flying - YouTube[/ame]
Old 03-31-2017, 09:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think ive worked out what the scraping nose is. its something in the front TT.

the boom block is the HK one, so im just gonna swap it out for the align one and fit new gears aswell as bearings on both sets of gears
Old 04-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well had the 450 on the bench to check out what the scraping/clicking noise could be.

with the tail boom removed it was still there slightly. removed boom block inspected gears and bearings. all fine . seemed smooth. I readjusted the gears and bearings as a precaution.

put back together and its still there but quieter. i guess something is just rubbing every so slightly.

then i notice theres alot of play in the main gear. i can rotate the head a good few degrees back and forth before the bolt catches in the main gear, as if the bolt diameter is too mall.

Quick look and the NUT is missing!!!!!!

Ordered a new mainshaft set which has 2 bolts and nuts. could be the hole in the mainshaft is just slightly too big or it has been distorted. while i was at it got a new set of dampeners as theres a bit of teetering going on in the head (but no play)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in