Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New member in Columbia, SC

Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to helicopters but not new to RC. I have flown airplanes for 10 years so I have the basics down.

Helicopters definitely fly different from airplanes but nothing that Realflight can't help me master. I have practiced off and on with various helicopters on the simulator since I purchased it several years ago.

A couple of weeks ago I got a Blade 180 cfx used. Tried to fly it, crashed and now need repairs. Parts are already ordered to bring it back to life.

Since then, I purchased a Blade nano cp s this weekend and started flying it in a large room in my house. I haven't broken anything yet..... The weather has been windy and my schedule limits my outside flight time, but both will get better.

I also purchased a Align Trex 600 L Dominator without servos, so when I get some basic flight orientation mastered, I will have something to fly at the local flying field. In the meantime, while finishing up this big bird, I will have more flight time to fly on smaller ones before making a big jump.

I have been a member for roughly two weeks and I have already learned so much from the forums. Still have much to learn but it will come in due time.

Thanks for all the great information!
Raymond
rgandee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome!

It seems like you are taking a good path! Stay on the sim training and be gentle with your helis. The 180 CFX I think is a more intermediate to advanced heli so may need work to tame it down a bit for a beginner. The 230S is in my opinion a much better choice for starting out. A couple of them are on the classifieds.

The micro 130S is a good heli it seems. Go through the appropriate sub-forum to learn all about it! Blade helis are always very popular so tons of people who can help.

That 600 will need a lot of love and care to go over all of it. I assume you bought it used so make sure you go over every single detail and potentially re-assemble it so you can get acquainted with it. Slowly gather the electronics and fly it when you feel comfortable to do so.

Here is a bit of information that I hope helps you out:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=720316

Cheers!
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome!
AcesFull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome!!!
rgandee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in